TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tiger

robertlane

• 5 months later...
Anyone in the house have a Tiger?

I own two Tigers: a Mark II (owned since 1978) and a Mark 1 (since 1979). Pic of my Mark II is attached. Took me 20 years to restore it (was going for the world record for length of Tiger resto). Mark 1 to be restored... won't take 20 years as I'm retired now and have a lot of time to spend on the cars.

Did all the work on the Mark II myself except paint. 5.0 roller cam motor. Was running a 3.54 posi... just had it changed out to a 2.88 posi (got tired of 3500 rpm at 70 mph). A real blast to drive.

TIGER_MKII_AUGUST_07.JPG

Bill Waite

Grand Rapids, MI

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I owned a '67 MK I when I was in college back in '71. Kept it for three years until I bought a '68 GT500. The Tiger was a sweet little ride. I even had the removable hard top. It gave 20 mpg in town. I could skip gears easily, such as 1st to 3rd. The original owner was a Standard Oil Engineer. He installed a heavy duty clutch and traction bars. It was a kick to access one of the spark plugs through the firewall under the dash. I admit the car ran a little hot during those California summers, and could have benefited from a "hood scoop," but I didn't want to modify its look. I used to eat Triumphs and MGs from stop lights. I tried racing a DeTomaso Pantera once and was, of course, blown away. I recall changing the windshield wiper motor underneath the dash. What a bitch to access; my neck hurt for days. After acquiring the GT500, I had to sell it. Buyer was an overweight, frumpy, young woman and her spouse. I imagine the car is long since history. Great memories, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Gripper, Nice Tiger and welcome to TS, your pic sure makes me miss my Carnival Red '65...

Dug out the prints over the weekend (taken pre-digital era), like I said before, now seeing these again, I'm REALLY missing that car... :cry:

Tiger1 001.jpg

Tiger2 001.jpg

Tiger3 001.jpg

Tiger4 001.jpg

Tiger1 001.jpg

Tiger2 001.jpg

Tiger3 001.jpg

Tiger4 001.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, Tiger enthusiasts.

It seems I ended up with three Ford based products:

1) My 1965 Sunbeam Tiger (BRG), with Carroll Shelby designed V-8, with all running gear from Ford

2) My 2005 Ford Thunderbird (RED) with all running gear from Jaguar

3) My 2011 Ford Edge LTD (RED) made in Canada.

Looking for a Ford GT (RED), when I can afford a new garage, and my wife's moving out.:wub:

Will post some pics, later.

I am fairly well known in the Sunbeam Tiger community :peelout:

Tiger_Steve

I've tried replying to you 3 times, but they never seem to stick. :cry:

Join the FREE Tiger Email list:

Tigers@autox.team.net

Archives:

http://www.team.net/archive

FREE instant uploads from members, or weekly summaries.

Forums:

http://www.team.net/forums

Let me know if you receive this post.

Tiger_Steve

I don't come here often, but I have a '65 Tiger as well, and am on the Tiger email forum.

Steve (but not "Tiger_Steve" above)

'65 Tiger, '68 California Special Mustang, '69 Fairlane 500 Convert, '70 Cougar XR7, '71 Boss 351, '73 Q code Mach 1, '07 Shelby GT, plus the "daily drivers".

Archived