TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Canadian Prices Sky High On Parts

JRGT500

I decided to get the Ford chromed exhaust tips for my GT500. I like to buy locally whenever possible, but the price at my Canadian Ford parts counter was $206.95 plus taxes for a total of $233.85. I went on the internet and found the exact same parts in Florida for $109.95 U.S. plus $15.00 shipping to my receiver in Sumas, Washington (I live 8 minutes from the U.S. border). The total, including shipping, in Canadian dollars was $119.35 and delivery was 4 days. I guess it was my lucky day at the border, because the Canadian border services agent was a car nut and waved me through with no GST/PST payment. Total savings $114.50. So, before you buy parts in Canada, go on the net and see how much you can save. I know there will be added costs if you can't run across the border to pickup, but do some math and see if you can save yourself some money.

JR

I decided to get the Ford chromed exhaust tips for my GT500. I like to buy locally whenever possible, but the price at my Canadian Ford parts counter was $206.95 plus taxes for a total of $233.85. I went on the internet and found the exact same parts in Florida for $109.95 U.S. plus $15.00 shipping to my receiver in Sumas, Washington (I live 8 minutes from the U.S. border). The total, including shipping, in Canadian dollars was $119.35 and delivery was 4 days. I guess it was my lucky day at the border, because the Canadian border services agent was a car nut and waved me through with no GST/PST payment. Total savings $114.50. So, before you buy parts in Canada, go on the net and see how much you can save. I know there will be added costs if you can't run across the border to pickup, but do some math and see if you can save yourself some money.

JR

Nice.

If you had them installed in the States & then crossed, no one would be the wiser.

With the dollar the way it is you can save on auto parts , I always check U.S prices & if it is not abig item they will usually pass you through the border.

At the border crossing I use, they usually give you up to $50.00 before you pay GST/PST, but they're so busy these days there's frequently no place to park for those who have to go in and pay. I think they may have unofficially increased the $50 amount :happy feet:

JR

Archived