TEAM SHELBY FORUM

needs more styling

The new GT500 is an amazing car by far. I love the styling of the car. The 500 hp 5.4 V8. But it needs more shelby stlying. Such as the side of the car. It doesnt have any side scoops like the original GT500's.

It could have the Classic Design Concepts smooth quarter window scoops. Ford could make them functional so the air from the scoops could cool the brakes. The rear should have the mecury cougar styled taillamps like the 67. Not the plain mustang taillamps. It would also look good with a ducktail spoiler but i think thats overdoing it a bit. Other than that the GT500 is awesome.

The new GT500 is an amazing car by far. I love the styling of the car. The 500 hp 5.4 V8. But it needs more shelby stlying. Such as the side of the car. It doesnt have any side scoops like the original GT500's.

It could have the Classic Design Concepts smooth quarter window scoops. Ford could make them functional so the air from the scoops could cool the brakes. The rear should have the mecury cougar styled taillamps like the 67. Not the plain mustang taillamps. It would also look good with a ducktail spoiler but i think thats overdoing it a bit. Other than that the GT500 is awesome.

I think you are preaching to the Choir. I feel the same way but I think its a little to much a little to late. All the same yes it still is an awesome car. Ford had to keep costs down so I think the gave the car so many goodies and deleted others. Maybe Carroll will let us send our cars to his shop for upgrades? Now there is and idea.

I think you are preaching to the Choir. I feel the same way but I think its a little to much a little to late. All the same yes it still is an awesome car. Ford had to keep costs down so I think the gave the car so many goodies and deleted others. Maybe Carroll will let us send our cars to his shop for upgrades? Now there is and idea.

I plan to do some visual mods ,the side fender scoops and the rear side window scoop...I think these 2 mods with complete the look started at the front..also,i'm thinking about chrome wheels in the same patern as the 2007 wheels

I plan to do some visual mods ,the side fender scoops and the rear side window scoop...I think these 2 mods with complete the look started at the front..also,i'm thinking about chrome wheels in the same patern as the 2007 wheels

Personally I like the car just the way it is. The front scoops are necessary for cooling, that's why they didn't go with the original show hood. The side scoops on the 66 (they weren't there on the 65 shelby) were put there because the rear had drum brakes and it was found that they needed the extra cooling to help the rear brakes at high speeds. Hence the addition of the side scoop in 66. That isn't the case today.

The side "styling" scoops came out later. They were all about styling, but the effects of aerodynamics on the cars hadn't been studied.

My opinion is, if it ain't necessary for the performance of the car, leave it off.

Archived