TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Forum Suggestions

JeffIsHereToo

Please feel free to post suggestions for how the forums can be improved. If there is a feature you would like to see, or something you find less than easy to accomplish, please post it!

Jeff, as mentioned in our discussion last week, I highly recommend that we have just one place to go for ALL Shelby GT related discussions. If others agree, then you can do the same for the GT500 and so forth.

I found the SAI forum to be friendlier in that manner as it was one place to go to read info or post a comment/reply. The SU forum has at least 4 main places to go to discuss the SGT (General, technical, arrival and for sale). I particularly find it a pain to try to decide whether to post on the general forum or the technical. Plus, I have a quick link on my browser that points only to the "General Discussion SGT main topic" so I don't even go to the others.

I know it makes things better to have the multiple locations, but I feel they should all still fall under one main category, such as the General Discussion section. That is why I wrote that "Quick Access" topic and made the other high-level topics a few weeks ago. If that quick access one were pinned (or a moderator pinned their own if they didn't like mine), then that would help accomplish the multiple entries there are now.

Just my two cents since you asked.

I know it makes things better to have the multiple locations, but I feel they should all still fall under one main category, such as the General Discussion section. That is why I wrote that "Quick Access" topic and made the other high-level topics a few weeks ago. If that quick access one were pinned (or a moderator pinned their own if they didn't like mine), then that would help accomplish the multiple entries there are now.

Interesting idea. Not knowledgeable enough to tell you if this is technically possible but I like the idea. Would it be ok to allow you to ONLY view and contribute to existing threads but require you to create a thread under the actual topic? This would keep things organized AND allow you to quickly see and respond to all threads.

If it were technically possible would that work for you?

how about a button that you can click that shows the threads that any member has started

If I understand your question you can. Click on the person's screen name and a pop-up menu should appear. Select "Fine Members Topics" and you will get a list of the threads they have created.

Jeff,

I agree with adam and his above post and give it my vote. I would like to add the following: Make a button to subscribe to a certain topic so it would be easier to follow a topic of high interest to someone. They have this on many other forums, if it is here allready can someone tell me how do do it?

thanx Chris

Jeff, as mentioned in our discussion last week, I highly recommend that we have just one place to go for ALL Shelby GT related discussions. If others agree, then you can do the same for the GT500 and so forth.

I found the SAI forum to be friendlier in that manner as it was one place to go to read info or post a comment/reply. The SU forum has at least 4 main places to go to discuss the SGT (General, technical, arrival and for sale). I particularly find it a pain to try to decide whether to post on the general forum or the technical. Plus, I have a quick link on my browser that points only to the "General Discussion SGT main topic" so I don't even go to the others.

Just my two cents since you asked.

Great Idea Adam. I second that motion! I think it would also make the transition from the Shelby Public Forum site much easier for the memebers.

Jeff,

I agree with adam and his above post and give it my vote. I would like to add the following: Make a button to subscribe to a certain topic so it would be easier to follow a topic of high interest to someone. They have this on many other forums, if it is here allready can someone tell me how do do it?

thanx Chris

If you read a thread or post to a thread you are subscribed to that thread. If you go to My Control panel and click view subscribed I think this gets you what you're looking for. You can also have it mail you any activity on your subscribed threads, I kind of like that one.

If you read a thread or post to a thread you are subscribed to that thread. If you go to My Control panel and click view subscribed I think this gets you what you're looking for. You can also have it mail you any activity on your subscribed threads, I kind of like that one.

+1 Thanks! I especially like the email and use it with my iPhone.

• 1 month later...
Please feel free to post suggestions for how the forums can be improved. If there is a feature you would like to see, or something you find less than easy to accomplish, please post it!

I've got a suggestion. Someone needs to get this d*&% forum working right. Since the big change 2 days ago none of the forums update, as in showing that they have been read. Doesn't matter how much I read, the next time I log on every post on the site shows unread! Trying to use forum controls and selecting mark posts read I get nothing. Actually this notice

Bad Gateway

Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server

So, not wishing to wade through endless already read posts, I think I'll go back to the Shelby Public Forum as long as it's still up :banghead:

Jim

I've got a suggestion. Someone needs to get this d*&% forum working right. Since the big change 2 days ago none of the forums update, as in showing that they have been read. Doesn't matter how much I read, the next time I log on every post on the site shows unread! Trying to use forum controls and selecting mark posts read I get nothing. Actually this notice

Bad Gateway

Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server

So, not wishing to wade through endless already read posts, I think I'll go back to the Shelby Public Forum as long as it's still up :banghead:

Jim

Jim,

I'm not having this problem but will forward your issue onward.

-Jeff

Bad Gateway

Jim

It might be as simple as the form of the url you're using. I had problems with not being logged in. I tracked down the cookies and found my access was through www.teamshelby.com instead of forum.teamshelby.com.

It might be as simple as the form of the url you're using. I had problems with not being logged in. I tracked down the cookies and found my access was through www.teamshelby.com instead of forum.teamshelby.com.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I just logged out and came back in through forum.teamshelby.com as you did. Still the same problem. Nothing updates. No matter what I do in a thread, whenever I go back to that thread and pick on "last unread" it takes me to post 1! I'll try deleting all my cookies and come in again. This is really getting old. I've been on this site for 3 months with no problems but since the change it pretty much sucks.

Jim

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I just logged out and came back in through forum.teamshelby.com as you did. Still the same problem. Nothing updates. No matter what I do in a thread, whenever I go back to that thread and pick on "last unread" it takes me to post 1! I'll try deleting all my cookies and come in again. This is really getting old. I've been on this site for 3 months with no problems but since the change it pretty much sucks.

Jim

Oh Well, I know I futzed around for an hour, logging off, on again, comparing the cookies from the old forum and trying to line up the sun, stars, planets and moon. After so many tries maybe the computer gods just dropped the right combination on my lap and I didn't even know it. I had to log in each time I started and finally gave up and decided the computer was not going to whip me. It took about 1/2 hour before I could start up without having to log in again, but the "audit history" is gone.

I do remember going in and deleting all the "teamshelby" cookies regardless of where they were from. I use FireFox so hunting them down was easier than in explorer.

Keep trying, I'm sure it has to do with what site and cookies there are.

Four suggestions:

1. If possible, add a View New Shelby GT Posts so that only Shelby GT posts show up there.

2. Add a link from the Forums site back to Teamshelby.com.

3. Is the "My Albums" link at the very top of this page working properly? It takes you to the forums home page. I would think that "My Albums" should take me to my personal photo albums.

4. Redesign the appearance of the Shelby GT forums home page to spice it up a bit (more in liking w/ the Boss 302 page).

Thanks!

Bad Gateway

Jim

I'm having the same trouble. Hopefully they will get it worked out soon.

I would like to see a little bigger font size. This letter size is just a little too small.

I'm having the same trouble. Hopefully they will get it worked out soon.

I would like to see a little bigger font size. This letter size is just a little too small.

Sorry you're having the same problem but to be honest, I'm kinda glad to have some company here :hysterical: I deleted all my cookies & temp. internet files, passwords etc, all to no avail. Have logged in and out about 3 trillion times, still the same thing. Nothing shows up as having been read and if I ask to go to the last read I always get post #1 no matter :banghead: I did find that by selecting to read new posts, there is an option at the top to mark all posts read and that seems to do what it's supposed to do. This is different than selecting forum options and then mark all posts read. That doesn't do squat anymore? Oh, and now at the bottom of each thread in huge YELLOW text, is the message

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

And of course, clicking here does nothing that I can tell. Oh well, I'm just glad I'm retired and have nothing better to do :headspin:

Won't somebody help :waiting:

Jim

OK, although I don't know what happened but all seems to be back to normal now. I can actually go to the next unread post and everything seems to update as it should. Ond no more big yellow error messages. Hopefully others problems have cleared up also. Jim Happy :happy feet:

Jim

OK, although I don't know what happened but all seems to be back to normal now. I can actually go to the next unread post and everything seems to update as it should. Ond no more big yellow error messages. Hopefully others problems have cleared up also. Jim Happy :happy feet:

Jim

It's new server, new software, etc., and I'm glad to hear the issues are working themselves out. If you see anything else amiss please let us know!

Thanks!

-Jeff

I'm getting a lot of "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page" errors. The page starts to load then that error pops up on a white page. I refresh the page and then it loads fines. I'm running Vista and Internet explorer. I did not have this problem before the change. I know your you guys are working on this kinds of stuff, just letting you know whats going on.

I'm getting a lot of "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page" errors. The page starts to load then that error pops up on a white page. I refresh the page and then it loads fines. I'm running Vista and Internet explorer. I did not have this problem before the change. I know your you guys are working on this kinds of stuff, just letting you know whats going on.

Thanks! I have a Mac (Safari) and WindowsXP (IE6) and haven't seen that issue. I'm sure if there are others running Vista (IE7) we'll hear more. You could try to delete the Cache file. There may be a malformed graphic that IE is trying to use and it fails. Try to download Safari or FireFox for Windows and see if the problem follows or not. I suspect though it's a cache issue but I will DL'd IE7 tonight (running on XP though) and see if I see any kind of similar behavior.

-Jeff

It's new server, new software, etc., and I'm glad to hear the issues are working themselves out. If you see anything else amiss please let us know!

Thanks!

-Jeff

Thanks Jeff, We do appreciate all your hard work.

Jim

Clearing cache did not help but I installed Firefox and everything works great! The web pages even open faster.

I'll try Safari tomorrow and let you know how that one works.

Safari works great too, must be a Vista/EI7 thing. I'm running an Alienware laptop with a core 2 duo processor and 2 gig ram. I have all the latests windows updates. Hope this helps.

Archived