TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I ordered it this morning

1FAFP90

I finally ordered it! :happy feet:

The easy decision for me was deciding on the Coupe. The hardest choice was the color combo. My wife and I pored over the pictures y'all have posted in my other thread and in the arrival forum. We went 'round and 'round :headspin: trying to decide what was best. Many thanks to all of you for helping us out. In the end we decided to get the fastest color!!!

Here was the decision logic:

Performance White, Torch Red and Grabber Orange were not chosen because they were deemed a police magnet, and I don't need that kind of problem.

Ebony and Alloy were not chosen because I figured in the South where I live, on sunny days they would be too hot inside the car and difficult to keep looking clean due the dark paint.

Vapor? My wife simply said no. No discussion needed there - you guys know what I mean.

So, that leaves VISTA BLUE with Oxford White Stripes. The fastest color!!! While we were sitting at the dealer, we saw the center spread picture in the '08 brochure, which confirmed our personal choice.

Other options ordered were 51H HIDs 95M Ambient Lighting 68S Interior Upgrade and 971 Car Cover. We didn't order the Shaker 1000, NAV or Sirius.

It's going to be a long wait until it arrives. My Shelbyitis has only gotten worse!!! I can't wait :banghead:

Congrats on the order. Think of it as a kid who has to wait for x-mas and its only Dec. 26th It will be well worth it. Color combo WILL LOOK GREAT!!!

Congrats!!! I looked really hard at blue and white myself...then it was white with blue, then I settled on white with black stripe verte.

but then I remembered that I always wanted a black one, so I went to the dealership ready to order ebony with white stripe. :shift::kuko:

then when I sat down to order they showed me the red stripe offer, and all my weeks toiling was out the window... :hysterical:

:waiting:

yeah, insert Tom Petty song here:

It is the hardest part!

Build date of next week for me! fingers are crossed for a fast xmas! But it will probably be next year....sigh

:lurk:

then when I sat down to order they showed me the red stripe offer, and all my weeks toiling was out the window... :hysterical:

Build date of next week for me! fingers are crossed for a fast xmas! But it will probably be next year....sigh

:lurk:

same for me was going to order the red vert with black side strips then found out about

the red strip package and went with the black vert with the red package. my car should

be here first part of january

Thanks guys, y'all helped a ton. Y'all are like a second family helping me get through my Shelby addiction.

I'm pumped and can't concentrate on anything else right now. I can't wipe this silly grin off my face. Two people have already asked why I'm smiling so much.

mciarochi, I love white cars, but the only tickets I've gotten in my life was when I was driving a white vehicle. When I asked the cop why he pulled me over instead of one of the others, he told me my white car stuck out like a sore thumb and it was easier for him to keep track of me.

Dubbs and jkru, your constant changing your mind of colors really sounds like me over the past few days. It was a TOUGH decision.

python and grad, you're dead on with the 12/26 and having to wait for Christmas. I'm going to try and break up the wait into various milestones. DORA, Getting a complete VIN, getting the build date, train tracking, and finally delivery.

My wife, who deserves a medal in all of this :roses:, might be happier than me when it finally arrives, because she won't have to listen to me talk about it so much :)

Can you tell I'm excited ? :happy feet:

same for me was going to order the red vert with black side strips then found out about

the red strip package and went with the black vert with the red package. my car should

be here first part of january

Congrats on pulling the triger,What a awsome color comp. My is on rail car heading south Louisisana I think all colors are fast Just the mealtic in Vistablue is awsome.Now the wait is something else you will have to stay in touch with this site to be able to get through the pocess.Have any question ask there is a lot of intellgent personal in here that can tell you any and every about this awsome car. You will know more than any saleman if you stay here for any length of time. Thanks you and enjoy this site!!!

My wife, who deserves a medal in all of this :roses:, might be happier than me when it finally arrives, because she won't have to listen to me talk about it so much :)

Oh, you are so wrong... I'm sure others will back me up, but I found that I talk about the car just as much after I got it! If it wasn't for this site, I'd go nuts, because nobody but our fellow crazies here want to hear the non-stop babbling about our GT 500s! You'll start planning the mods you want, doing research, price shopping, asking opinions... It's a disease. One I'm happy to have contracted.

Welcome to the club.

I finally ordered it! :happy feet:

The easy decision for me was deciding on the Coupe. The hardest choice was the color combo. My wife and I pored over the pictures y'all have posted in my other thread and in the arrival forum. We went 'round and 'round :headspin: trying to decide what was best. Many thanks to all of you for helping us out. In the end we decided to get the fastest color!!!

Here was the decision logic:

Performance White, Torch Red and Grabber Orange were not chosen because they were deemed a police magnet, and I don't need that kind of problem.

Ebony and Alloy were not chosen because I figured in the South where I live, on sunny days they would be too hot inside the car and difficult to keep looking clean due the dark paint.

Vapor? My wife simply said no. No discussion needed there - you guys know what I mean.

So, that leaves VISTA BLUE with Oxford White Stripes. The fastest color!!! While we were sitting at the dealer, we saw the center spread picture in the '08 brochure, which confirmed our personal choice.

Other options ordered were 51H HIDs 95M Ambient Lighting 68S Interior Upgrade and 971 Car Cover. We didn't order the Shaker 1000, NAV or Sirius.

It's going to be a long wait until it arrives. My Shelbyitis has only gotten worse!!! I can't wait :banghead:

Great choice

You're gonna Love this car :happy feet:

that's a promise

1FAFP90,

Congrat's on ordering your new GT500. Trust me the wait will seem like it's forever! :headspin: But it is well worth it. :happy feet: Good luck on dealing with the PSDS. :hysterical: This site will help with that! You'll probibly start buying your Mod's long before the car gets delievered or at least start your wish list! Your wrong you wont stop talking about your GT500, hell I rant and rave about mine every time I drive it!

Mike

If y'all are right about me continuing to talk about it, my wife is going to have me committed. "Hello, my name is Vince, and I have a problem. Shelbyitis..."

My stupid grin is still with me and going stronger than ever. I have to give you guys credit for surviving the wait, and for me it's only been a matter of hours :headspin: Hopefully dealing with the upcoming holidays will make time pass quicker.

Thanks y'all !

Cool, but check with Shelby Dude on how many times

you can flip flop on the color before the build date??????????????

:hysterical:

Please don't give me any ideas. LOL

I had a tough time picking colors. Every color looks great on the car and choosing was quite stressful to me, and I annoyed my wife when I'd show her a new picture and say I then wanted that particular color. At one point I asked my wife to choose the color, and not tell me, so that I'd be surprised when it arrived!

Y'all are too funny.

Like a little kid on a trip, I'm going to call my dealer every day and ask "Is it here yet" :lol:

Or "CAN I CHANGE THE COLOR TO RED WITH BLACK STRIPES" :dreamy:

Just Jokeing. :hysterical:

Relax, it will be at your dealer before you can change your mind??????? :happy feet:

Archived