TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500's for everyone

1970boss302

:hysterical2::hysterical:

I don't know about everyone else...but I have seen ONE in the DFW area as I drive around... now I know there are probably plenty here...but I don't pull up behind one at every stoplight. I see 15 or 20 Mustangs every day... but not GT 500's.

So in this day and age... a 20K car run is a lot less than the base Mustang... so there... it is low production... relatively speaking.

Now the Dodge Viper...that's low production... there were 231 of my RT produced in 1996. If anyone is looking for a car with low production numbers... give me a call... it's for sale after buying the GT 500.

At club events and car shows, NO PROBLEM.

But I get a special feeling taking the Beast out for a drive

and being the only one in sight............

I'm in Northern NJ and work in Rockland County. I drive an '04 Marauder. I consistently see a black vert and a white w/ blue stripe coupe driving around all the time. I can't remember the last time I saw a Marauder on the road. And when I do, both me and the other driver are happy to see one another!

At club events and car shows, NO PROBLEM.

But I get a special feeling taking the Beast out for a drive

and being the only one in sight............ :superhero:

I'm with you DDT, I was out last night about 3 hrs here in League city TX. and only saw the usual 10 to 15 corvetts 6 of which was the Z06 it is nice to be the only one. ( for now) By the way two of the Z06 jumped me and pulled away :banghead: . No mods for me yet but hopefully will be here for X-mas.

Wow, what a concept for a new thread, never seen one like this.... oh wait, yes I have! :lastyear::soapbox: :beatdeadhorse:

Do a search, but bottom line, all conjecture, Nothing has been agreed to, nothing in print, nothing 100%. So until someone credible announces anything, drive the car and leave the worry to next year. :banghead:

Or then again, drive yourselves nuts with all the rumors and BS and make yourself crazy, instead. Really your call...... :finger: I am going to drive mine, enjoy it, and have some fun.

Gee, who would have thought that owning a Shebly would be so stressful? :hysterical2:

Just kidding, all!! Anyways, I will buy one anyways and I recommend enjoying them as much as possible.

Also, something to think about to put in perspective: Of the 200K Mustangs built a year, there are less than 10K Shelby's made.

With Ford making the Shelby GT500 though 2010 model year everyone who wants

one should have a chance. That's 40 to 50 thousand cars on the road a hell of a lot

more than the older SHelby's. It may ruin the sell value down the road. It maybe

a better value to buy a Shelby GT or Boss if they make it . Time will tell it always does.

Some :hysterical: FORD dealers, did a highway robbery on the all the people who paid them over MSRP! A $45K car for over $80K what a real rip off. Limited Edition up your a$$...

You can always mod yours like crazy to create your own "one of a kind" look. Then it matters not how many others have them.

Definately performance mods, but not sure as I like the stock

look even better than the KR and SS............

:happy feet: Better yet,

mayby most will mod the looks of their cars and

mine will be one of the few left looking stock????????? :hysterical:

Nope, I am staying pretty stock... maybe a FRPP CAI with tune and louder exhaust, but that will be it! Oh yea, that makes is 540+HP like the KR. :happy feet: :headspin:

Nope, I am staying pretty stock... maybe a FRPP CAI with tune and louder exhaust, but that will be it! Oh yea, that makes is 540+HP like the KR. :happy feet: :headspin:

And without the funny looking hood........... :headspin:

I think a lot of people need to open their eye's a bit to a whole lot of things. There are severe disadvantages to having a very limited production run. Anyone here own a Lambo, or older Ferrari? Ok do you have a friend who owns one. Yeah that's right they only made a few thousand, and guess what finding parts is like waiting for an organ transplant with type 0 neg blood.

Granted ya don't want to be like a Corvette where every where you look you see them. 30,000 to 50,000 units is ideal. Here's why. First, you have a large enough supply to get the aftermarket to take some interest (mod's etc). Second, there will be a larger supply of parts made to deal with this larger volume of cars.

Last, once you have exceeded 12,000 units the car is not exactly rare. As time goes on some will be destroyed and they will start to become rarer. Personally, I just want to get one at sticker. I could care less about resale value. I don't buy cars thinking about ever selling them. Yeah, I look at a car and think about the value of driving it and that it is sweet driving around a car that costs as much as some houses! You get the point.

Yeah, I look at a car and think about the value of driving it and that it is sweet driving around a car that costs as much as some houses! You get the point.

Don't think I want to live in a house that only costs 50000??????????? :finger:

Archived