TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500's for everyone

1970boss302

With Ford making the Shelby GT500 though 2010 model year everyone who wants

one should have a chance. That's 40 to 50 thousand cars on the road a hell of a lot

more than the older SHelby's. It may ruin the sell value down the road. It maybe

a better value to buy a Shelby GT or Boss if they make it . Time will tell it always does.

one should have a chance. That's 40 to 50 thousand cars on the road a hell of a lot

more than the older SHelby's. It may ruin the sell value down the road. It maybe

a better value to buy a Shelby GT or Boss if they make it . Time will tell it always does.

Will the 2010 model be a different body style?????????????

What??

How is your enjoyment ruined by seeing another GT500?

:banghead:

At club events and car shows, NO PROBLEM.

But I get a special feeling taking the Beast out for a drive

and being the only one in sight............ :superhero:

At club events and car shows, NO PROBLEM.

But I get a special feeling taking the Beast out for a drive

and being the only one in sight............ :superhero:

So once you got one no one else is allowed to have one?

Come on, you're not that dense are you??

It is not about being selfish or not wanting others to have it. It is like a pretty girl. If you see her everyday, it is not quite as exciting as the first few times you saw her.

I think the resale value has some importance to owners. Not so much for the investment or because they want them to be unaffordable to others, but as a gage to measure how much the Shelby is appreciated by others and to validate our good taste and judgement.

It is not about being selfish or not wanting others to have it. It is like a pretty girl. If you see her everyday, it is not quite as exciting as the first few times you saw her.

I think the resale value has some importance to owners. Not so much for the investment or because they want them to be unaffordable to others, but as a gage to measure how much the Shelby is appreciated by others and to validate our good taste and judgement.

Exactly, but I guess I am too DENSE to put it into these words........... :hysterical:

Umm, I don't recall anyone saying there would be a GT500 for 2009 or 2010...

Shelby may have a contract to work with Ford through 2010, but that doesn't mean they have to produce GT500s

My guess is maybe a GT350 for next year, and who knows...maybe they have something completely new up their sleeves.

This is ALL speculation, but if you are trying to make FORD, Shelby and the dealers the MOST money, you give the people something new. A flood of GT500s over the next two or three years doesn't do that.

But if you are gonna nitpick this conversation to death, 20 thousand GT500s isn't what I would call EXCLUSIVE anyway.

So quit fussing and go kick some Z06 butt people! :happy feet:

:headscratch: Did I miss something here? When was the official announcement made?

Don't need one. All you need is to understand how Ford works.

They will bleed this thing dry until they have nothing left and completely destroy a good thing.

We must love it, because we keep coming back???????? :doh:

Exactly, but I guess I am too DENSE to put it into these words........... :hysterical:

No offense meant.

I shouldn't have used that word. My apology.

I'm just surprised we're STILL having this argument.

Especially from someone in Los Angeles.

If YOU think you won't see another GT500 in your area you're going to be dissapointed. CA got the largest # of GT500's in 2007 if I remember correctly. Yes you have a large poplulation, but still - please don't think this was supposed to be a rare car by any means.

OHHHHH I get it...are people in the north getting fussy cuz its too cold for their cars? God bless Texas!!!

insert roundcowboy yeehaww emoticon here

Im done with this thread.....enjoy!

OH YA, maybe thats the reason for the CRANKYNESS............ :hysterical2::hysterical:

Everyone should have the opportunity to enjoy these wonderful cars. Let your kids think about resale value while you enjoy your ride.

:yahoo: :burnout: :shift:

I always tell my kids.... "if there's anything left of them when I start pushing up daisies, it's all yours. Until then I'm going to drive the wheels off these things"

OHHHHH I get it...are people in the north getting fussy cuz its too cold for their cars? God bless Texas!!!

insert roundcowboy yeehaww emoticon here

Im done with this thread.....enjoy!

You're right about the weather. :banghead:

Not so much about Texas... :redcard:

:hysterical:

OH YA, maybe thats the reason for the CRANKYNESS............ :hysterical2::hysterical:

:hysterical2:

Ha Joe,

I have been called worse than DENSE, but thanks for not calling me

an IDIOT or :redcard: California :finger:

Oh ya, weather for us today was sunshine and 75 degrees

and the GT 500 is running GrraaAAT.......... :happy feet:

No offense meant.

I shouldn't have used that word. My apology.

I'm just surprised we're STILL having this argument.

Especially from someone in Los Angeles.

If YOU think you won't see another GT500 in your area you're going to be dissapointed. CA got the largest # of GT500's in 2007 if I remember correctly. Yes you have a large poplulation, but still - please don't think this was supposed to be a rare car by any means.

OK Joe, But try to explain that to the many who paid INSANE ADMs for this car who

believed the lies and deception they got from many Ford Dealerships.

Im not trying to dig up old topics here but I am trying to state my point

that as an SVT engineered car it has been advertised as an EXCLUSIVE LOW PRODUCTION CAR.

No offence taken but I have had some DENSE moments sometimes.......... :hysterical:

OK Joe, But try to explain that to the many who paid INSANE ADMs for this car who

believed the lies and deception they got from many Ford Dealerships.

Im not trying to dig up old topics here but I am trying to state my point

that as an SVT engineered car it has been advertised as an EXCLUSIVE LOW PRODUCTION CAR.

No offence taken but I have had some DENSE moments sometimes.......... :hysterical:

I understand. Trust me, I do.

Some didn't care about the ADM's because it allowed them to drive their cars a full year before some who waited for a good deal (like me!!) To them, the price was worth it.

I got my car for MSRP. If you would have asked most here last year if that was a "good deal" most would say hell yeah! Today, with the possibililty of 2009 and beyond - who knows. Will I be pissed if someone gets one for $500 over invoice next year? Hell no! I paid a price that I was comfortable with and drove mine a year longer than those guys did. Who cares what THEY paid for their car?

Some fell for the dealer "marketing" that was spun about "exclusivity" "investment" "better get it now because they'll never make them again" hype. Others didn't.

Your phrase "advertised as an EXCLUSIVE LOW PRODUCTION CAR" is just that - advertising. Come on - ALL products do it. Define for me "exclusive" or "low production". I don't think there's a universal definition for them.

If you haven't already, go to the GT500 "For sale" section and read the ADM thread... if you didn't want to drown your sorrows before, you will after reading THAT thread! :hysterical:

I just get frustrated when the same issues get brought up over and over and over and over... :hysterical:

I understand. Trust me, I do.

didn't want to drown your sorrows before, you will after reading THAT thread! :hysterical:

I just get frustrated when the same issues get brought up over and over and over and over... :hysterical:

I have read the thread for info. and entertainment without drowning in anyones

sorrows. I did pay a small ADM to get my factory order car with no regrets as

it is the best ROCKET SHIP I have ever driven........... :superhero:

As for your FRUSTRATION about bringing up old issues; :finger:

Its good to see you can still laugh about it???????????????????????? :hysterical2::hysterical:

Archived