TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Panhard bar

EUSMCBOB

I'm sure i'm way over my head on this but on page 55 it is stated "since this is the first OEM panhard bar-eqiupped Mustang to leave Dearborn, folks my not know that an adjustable bar is REQUIRED on a lowered s197. The stock bar was designed by Ford for a specific height: any changes will deliver dangerous side-loading forces to the bar, and result in erratic handling or worse, an accident if it fails."

has this issue been addressed on the ss?

I'm sure i'm way over my head on this but on page 55 it is stated "since this is the first OEM panhard bar-eqiupped Mustang to leave Dearborn, folks my not know that an adjustable bar is REQUIRED on a lowered s197. The stock bar was designed by Ford for a specific height: any changes will deliver dangerous side-loading forces to the bar, and result in erratic handling or worse, an accident if it fails."

has this issue been addressed on the ss?

I know it has been addressed on the 40th package so I'm sure it has on the SS package.

I don't think we have had any official word on the SS but with them announcing that the 40th has one, it's logical to assume that the SS will as well.

Hope this helps.

I know it has been addressed on the 40th package so I'm sure it has on the SS package.

I don't think we have had any official word on the SS but with them announcing that the 40th has one, it's logical to assume that the SS will as well.

Hope this helps.

I spoke to Doug last week and emailed Cynthia as well. As far as they know it will apply to the SS as well. It does not say so anywhere though and I wish it were stated somewhere. Perhaps an update will be published soon.

I spoke to Doug last week and emailed Cynthia as well. As far as they know it will apply to the SS as well. It does not say so anywhere though and I wish it were stated somewhere. Perhaps an update will be published soon.

It is my understanding that the suspension for both the 40th and the SS are the same, so since SAI is putting the panhard bar on the 40th it most likely that it will also go on the SS

meckonica

Black on Black Vert

40th Anniversary

07XL0226

Parkland FL

John, Thank you for confirming that the SS will have one.

+1 :headspin: :happy feet: :superhero::superhero::superhero:

Archived