TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where to have a get-together?

Where to have a get-together?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. If we had a show, what would be most convenient for everyone?

• San Francisco, CA
    • Albequerque, NM
    • Cincinnati, OH
    • Pittsburgh, PA
    • Tallahassee, FL
    • Austin, TX

We need to find out where the best show locations would be. I picked some cities at random...but maybe we can get a general idea of the part of the country that fits most people and re-work the poll later.

I think you should have it in Houston and ask Lone Star Ford to help sponsor it......

Being a founding member of the Mustang Club of Houston, there is more history in the above statement than anyone here can guess.

For a real suggestion, you should consider joint venturing with the Mid America Shelby Meet in Tulsa each June. Largest Shelby gathering in the country and they already have a LARGE amount of support from both Ford and Goodyear, not to mention the track dates at both Hallet and Tusa International Dragway to coinside with the event. I think they would welcome new Shelby owners with open arms. Great group of folks that have been putting on a terriffic Ford event for better than 30 years.

May I suggest a weekend that would involve some group track time? This might change your locations a bit, but a location with nearby tracks would be FUN.

Drags, road course, or even a few hot laps on a round track could be a highlight of the weekend and draw more cars. Who wouldn't want to run their car on Lowes Motorspeedway, Talladega, Road Atlanta, Barber Motorsports park, Indy, etc. - the list goes on.

Just something to think about. ;)

All too far for me.

Tulsa and St. Louis would be good additions to your poll......they seem to be for the most part geographically somewhat center, factoring in population location, and drivablity.

I vote for anyplace that's close to the City/Town where Rufdraft lives. If not there, then let's meet at the factory during the Woodward Dream Cruse week.

I think you should have it in Houston and ask Lone Star Ford to help sponsor it......

Being a founding member of the Mustang Club of Houston, there is more history in the above statement than anyone here can guess.

For a real suggestion, you should consider joint venturing with the Mid America Shelby Meet in Tulsa each June. Largest Shelby gathering in the country and they already have a LARGE amount of support from both Ford and Goodyear, not to mention the track dates at both Hallet and Tusa International Dragway to coinside with the event. I think they would welcome new Shelby owners with open arms. Great group of folks that have been putting on a terriffic Ford event for better than 30 years.

The Mid America Shelby Meet in Tulsa gives all of the above. Drag time, road course time, everything. I'm only about 45 minutes away, so I will be there again this year. That's where I got my picture taken in the concept last year. I just wish my car was hear for this years event. Does anyone know if Carroll will be there this year. He was suppose to make it last year but something came up and he didn't make the trip. I would love to get something autographed.

Son of GT - :happy feet: :happy feet:

You got it, baby. I'll rent a tent for the backyard and have some live bluegrass and blues music and some Downeast BBQ - we'll cook us a Pig! :happy feet:

I think Nashville might be attractive - they have the Gaylord Opryland Hotel - (huge) and the Nashville Speedway that might be available.

If someone can do a Mapquest map wherein we can stick "push pins" - we can see where most of the membership lives and go from there?

I still vote for my place... :hysterical:

Tulsa and St. Louis would be good additions to your poll......they seem to be for the most part geographically somewhat center, factoring in population location, and drivablity.

I agree. Tulsa would be easy for me! B) (hehehe) Okay, I'm here, where is everybody? :happy feet:

How about Romeo Michigan???

Anyplace central upper states would involve the same amount of travel for everyone,

including the Canucks!!!

KingCobra.

I'd deffnitely goto Michigan...as long as they don't announce rain...okay I'd still go...but I'd have to stop every twenty minutes or so to chamois....

I'm in that would be a fun drive!

If we timed it right and all left Toronto at the same time there'd be a bunch of us all heading down GT500 convoy!

Cheers,

Requis

Archived