TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Maybe selling my wifes Shelby

tvdiesel

I bought it for her last year and now the new has worn off. My wife does not really want her car anymore. She is going to decide if she wants to keep it or not in the next few days. It is a 2007 coupe, red w/white stripes. It has about 7000 miles on it. The car has the Evolution stage II kit, Eibach lowering kit, tinted windows, and the Steeda LCA's. I paid 3K over sticker for the car. Does anyone know how the market is on these cars? What do you think we should ask for the car?

I bought it for her last year and now the new has worn off. My wife does not really want her car anymore. She is going to decide if she wants to keep it or not in the next few days. It is a 2007 coupe, red w/white stripes. It has about 7000 miles on it. The car has the Evolution stage II kit, Eibach lowering kit, tinted windows, and the Steeda LCA's. I paid 3K over sticker for the car. Does anyone know how the market is on these cars? What do you think we should ask for the car?

That's a tough call with the marketing changing so rapidly. Ask $46,000. You may get it.

HSURB

I am not sure how the market is however I would love to know. You hear so many stories and you look at KBB and it tells a story. Keep us posted on how it goes.

I was curious about your question and looked it up on the Kelly Blue Book values and got this information for you:

This Value Is Not Available

Because the market for this trim is unusually small, specialized or otherwise unique, we are not able to report a Private Party value.

Sorry I can't help.

I am not sure how the market is however I would love to know. You hear so many stories and you look at KBB and it tells a story. Keep us posted on how it goes.

KBB in my zip code area doesn't give squat about a GT500.

Because the market for this trim is unusually small, specialized or otherwise unique, we are not able to report a Private Party value.

I'd put it on the "For Sale" section of the GT500 forum. You know what they say - the market determines the price. Really depends on where you are, if your color/options are what people are looking for, and of course what the price asked is.

If you need to sell quick, you'll probably need to be flexible. If not, you may get a bit more waiting on the "right" buyer to come along. On the other hand, there are more and more low ADM NEW cars posted every day. That would lead to a lower used car price by proxy.

Best of luck.

2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Cobra Coupe 2D

Condition Value

Excellent

(Selected) $63,790

Suggested Retail Value Assumes Excellent Condition... More

Selected Vehicles

Vehicle Highlights

Mileage: 7,000

Engine: V8 5.4L Supercharged

Transmission: 6 Speed Manual

Drivetrain: RWD

Selected Equipment

Standard

Air Conditioning AM/FM Stereo Leather

Power Steering MP3 (Multi CD) Power Seat

Power Windows Premium Sound Rear Spoiler

Power Door Locks Dual Front Air Bags Alloy Wheels

Tilt Wheel Front Side Air Bags

Cruise Control ABS (4-Wheel)

Blue Book Suggested Retail Value

The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the vehicle has been fully reconditioned and has a clean title history. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the vehicle's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

Vehicle Condition Ratings Excellent (Selected)

$63,790

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

* Illinois 11/25/2007

KBB in my zip code area doesn't give squat about a GT500.

You have to look under RETAIL VALUES

It doesn't give private party or trade values.

Here is using a Vancouver zip code

2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Cobra Coupe 2D

Condition Value

Excellent

(Selected) $64,540

Suggested Retail Value Assumes Excellent Condition... More

That's a tough call with the marketing changing so rapidly. Ask $46,000. You may get it.

HSURB

I hate to tell you there is a nice red coupe in tenn. kingsport area for 43000 but been told could buy for app 40000 has stage 2 has been for sale along time has 9000 miles

being a dealer .. and knowing the 08s are selling for 5000 to 9000 over MSRP ... a low milage coupe with the mods mentioned and attracts a buyer whos looking for that car .... I think msrp is a good deal for both parties ... maybe a tad higher ....

A used car with 7,000 miles on it selling for its original window sticker price is a "good deal"? You better give the crack pipe a rest or find a buyer with an IQ around room temperature. There are deals reported daily on this and other forums which all fall at or very close to sticker on brand new 08s. Sticker price for a year old, used, 7,000 mile 07 with the drive train modified, Forget about it!

What do you mean forget about it?

I would be a buyer at $35K :happy feet:

What would YOU pay?

Absolutely, I'll take it at that price.

You offered your car for sale, don't know if you were joking or not but yours is the exact body and stripe color that I would like to have. Is it for sale? PM me if it is. I'm in Pittsburgh which I don't think is too far from you. You are in Indiana?

I was joking. But I can probably get you one for less than $55k and it would be NEW!

There are 2 brand new 07's on Ebay that are very near the end of their listing periods. One is at 43,800 and the other is at 44,100. These are NEW cars.

I see Spitzer has their Vista Blue with Tungsten listed with a buy it now of $53,900

That is a rare color combo.

They were at $20K over all year. Looks like they are just trying to get their money out of it now.

High bid is at $39,500 reserve not met.

Email them an offer of $40K firm! :hysterical2:

Wait until after the "I am legend " movie the red with white might be in more demand and may be easier to sell and could bring more $$$

Is the Tungsten stripe the same color stripe as the 08 Shelby GTs have with the Vista Blue body color? That looks great in pics.

Spitzer? There was a Spitzer Ford in Cleveland when I went to school there a few(many) years ago. There is a Spitzer Acura near my home south of Pittsburgh.

The stripe on the SGT is silver. They are close in color.

I seen one in person. It was Cobra Boy's car. It looks a lot better in person than it does from the pictures.

It is Spitzer Ford in Ohio.

They are one of the top 4 dealers in the country that sold GT500's. They bought most of them from other dealers and were selling them at $20K over.

They got this car from a dealer in Michigan. Southgate Ford

I sent them an offer of $42K which is $370 over invoice! :hysterical:

MSRP is $45,435

It has Sat. Radio, GT500 Premier Trim Package, Shaker 1000 and Full Vehicle Cover. Vista Blue with Tungsten Stripes.

The stripe on the SGT is silver. They are close in color.

I seen one in person. It was Cobra Boy's car. It looks a lot better in person than it does from the pictures.

They are one of the top 4 dealers in the country that sold GT500's. They bought most of them from other dealers and were selling them at $20K over.

They got this car from a dealer in Michigan. Southgate Ford

I sent them an offer of $42K which is $370 over invoice! :hysterical:

MSRP is $45,435

It has Sat. Radio, GT500 Premier Trim Package, Shaker 1000 and Full Vehicle Cover. Vista Blue with Tungsten Stripes.

Here are pics of the car they have listed on ebay

bc44_3.jpg

ba2b_3.jpg

b154_3.jpg

abc6_3.jpg

a983_3.jpg

a7a1_3.jpg

a1b7_3.jpg

9e9f_3.jpg

Thats where I got mine from. They claimed to be the biggest Shelby dealer in the country, and were able to get me exactly the car I wanted within a week. I got it at the beginning of July and at the time they were asking 8 to 10 over. They were the cheapest in the area, when everyone around was still asking 15 to 20.

I would recommend them if you are looking for a specific car but you maybe be able to find someone cheaper if you're just looking for any GT500.

In reference to the Vista Blue and T. Stripes, thats a SHARP car and it was darn close to being my first choice. My ONLY reason for not getting it was I wanted the black/red interior.

Thats where I got mine from. They claimed to be the biggest Shelby dealer in the country, and were able to get me exactly the car I wanted within a week. I got it at the beginning of July and at the time they were asking 8 to 10 over. They were the cheapest in the area, when everyone around was still asking 15 to 20.

I would recommend them if you are looking for a specific car but you maybe be able to find someone cheaper if you're just looking for any GT500.

At this point I have no doubt that I could get anyone a specific color with the options they want at $8K - $10K over within a week.

Archived