TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I got a one of a kind GT500 from the factory!

cloud9

I got together with Joshua484 and BlackVert this afternoon for one last ride before hibernation. They pointed out that I have a factory "flaw" that makes my GT500 unique I guess. :headspin: We had to run to the auto parts store for some new plugs for BlackVert (get that tune fixed Clint) and they noticed I have a Mustang sill plate on the passenger side. I assumed they were just yanking my chain, but when we got back to Clint's, sure enough theirs say SVT on both sills. Mine has the SVT on the driver side and Mustang on the passenger side.

Does anyone else have this combo? :headscratch:

post-6227-1196025157_thumb.jpgpost-6227-1196025173_thumb.jpg

post-6227-1196025157_thumb.jpg

post-6227-1196025173_thumb.jpg

I got together with Joshua484 and BlackVert this afternoon for one last ride before hibernation. They pointed out that I have a factory "flaw" that makes my GT500 unique I guess. :headspin: We had to run to the auto parts store for some new plugs for BlackVert (get that tune fixed Clint) and they noticed I have a Mustang sill plate on the passenger side. I assumed they were just yanking my chain, but when we got back to Clint's, sure enough theirs say SVT on both sills. Mine has the SVT on the driver side and Mustang on the passenger side.

Nope. Definitely could be one of a kind! cloud nine, how do you like the sound from your SVT1 axle backs. How much different are they than stock and is there any drone at any RPM level. I have narrowed my choice down to these and the corsa 14311's and I haven't heard any sound bites on th SVT1's. Any comments appreciated. BTW, I like the looks of these better!

DC

Nope. Definitely could be one of a kind! cloud nine, how do you like the sound from your SVT1 axle backs. How much different are they than stock and is there any drone at any RPM level. I have narrowed my choice down to these and the corsa 14311's and I haven't heard any sound bites on th SVT1's. Any comments appreciated. BTW, I like the looks of these better!

DC

I like the SVT1's personally. They are louder than stock and gurgle as the motor winds back down so that's what I was looking for in a new exhaust. There is absolutely no drone when you're cruising, only when you get on it. They also look really good from the back with the 4" tips and the factory fit flush to the rear end. They're not so loud that the neighbors should mind, but my wife complains that they wake her up when I leave at 6 every morning. If you're looking for something really aggressive, go with the SLP Loudmouths. A couple of my friends have those and they sound awesome.....but they are loud.

I like the SVT1's personally. They are louder than stock and gurgle as the motor winds back down so that's what I was looking for in a new exhaust. There is absolutely no drone when you're cruising, only when you get on it. They also look really good from the back with the 4" tips and the factory fit flush to the rear end. They're not so loud that the neighbors should mind, but my wife complains that they wake her up when I leave at 6 every morning. If you're looking for something really aggressive, go with the SLP Loudmouths. A couple of my friends have those and they sound awesome.....but they are loud.

Your description sounds perfect. Not looking for real aggressive, just a notch or two above stock with the rumble. SVT's it is. Thanks cloud9.

DC

i guess mine is one of a kind too then. i noticed just the other day, a year after picking her up that my two side stripes are different colors. driver side tungsten, which i believe on an alloy car is not even a stripe option and satin silver on the other side to match the top like it should be. how ridiculous is that.''

td :headspin:

So the SVT are a Ford Racing product? and closer to stock look but louder? And the SLP are tooooo loud?

i guess mine is one of a kind too then. i noticed just the other day, a year after picking her up that my two side stripes are different colors. driver side tungsten, which i believe on an alloy car is not even a stripe option and satin silver on the other side to match the top like it should be. how ridiculous is that.''

td :headspin:

Bummer :banghead: However Tungsten stripes are an Alloy option. I'm one of the few who ordered them.

Maybe the dealer screwed it up during PDI, and pulled one off a stock Mustang, hoping you wouldn't notice it til say....now? :hysterical2:

Say it isn't so Uncle Buck! :redcard:

post-6227-1196094157_thumb.jpg

:hysterical2:

Seriously, I can't imagine him doing that. I actually kind of like it. I'm leaving it for now. After all, it is still a Mustang and I'm quite proud of that. :yup:

post-6227-1196094157_thumb.jpg

Nope, I have one also. I got a new SVT complete trim piece with sill plate from my dealer. I also got them to write up a letter officially documenting the mistake. Oh well, not much good now that there is another out there....

post-9479-1196129523_thumb.jpg

post-9479-1196129550_thumb.jpg

post-9479-1196129523_thumb.jpg

post-9479-1196129550_thumb.jpg

sillplate.jpgsillplate1.jpg

YES!, our black convertible had the exact same thing, I spotted it immediately upon opening the passenger door at the dealership, they have the replacement sill plate coming to me!

I have a ONE of a KIND GT500 as well!!!

It's the only One with it's particular VIN#.... :hysterical2:

Couldn't help myself, a little bored with football & work this Friday morning at 10:40 am in Korea!

Keith

I think it's neat how a few others have also noticed or had this issue.

I find it interesting how BrownTrout's post on page #1 has the driver's side sill that reads MUSTANG and the passenger side reads SVT because his car is a Visa Blue coupe and the sills are exactly opposite of Cloud9's.

Archived