TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rattling noise when revving

When my SGT is cold, i get a loud, harsh rattling noise when revving from ~ 1krpm from 1st to 2nd shifts - sounds like behind/below the center stack & it's really annoying! Pretty much stops when warmed up, though - the car's only got 600 miles on it, so wondering if this is something that may cease on its own, or if I should get it checked. Anyone have this or got suggestions for etiology/solution?

Thanks!

Mine would make a funky noise similar to yours,Never found it,But I figured if it was bad enough it would find me!Honestly there are at least two TSB's on this,One has to do with the exhaust to crossmember mounts,Don't remember other one.But mine would come and go regardless of temp,Yours almost sounds like shifter bolts or piston slap.hard to tell without hearing it.

Thanks for the input - I'll have 'em check the heat shields & other parts in that area when I get the oil changed & see if they can find anything. It's not major, but not minor, either, ie the shifter does make a tiny noise @ about 1100 rpm but this is something in or below the center stack as far as i can tell.... by the way, is there a link for TSBs on here somewhere?

Mine would make a funky noise similar to yours,Never found it,But I figured if it was bad enough it would find me!Honestly there are at least two TSB's on this,One has to do with the exhaust to crossmember mounts,Don't remember other one.But mine would come and go regardless of temp,Yours almost sounds like shifter bolts or piston slap.hard to tell without hearing it.

Don't mean to Hijack the post, but I just hate the shift rattles. I have heard of several problems it could be such as loose linkage? Thoughts???

207 SGT #1259

Don't mean to Hijack the post, but I just hate the shift rattles. I have heard of several problems it could be such as loose linkage? Thoughts???

207 SGT #1259

The dealer was able to resolve mine. I think they checked the linkage but found the problem to be in the mechanism under the boot.

Archived