TEAM SHELBY FORUM

POLL # 2

07SGT4578

STICK OR AUTO  

89 members have voted

1. 1. What transmission is in your SGT?

• 5-spd auto
    • 5-spd manual

There should almost be law against having a sports car with an automatic, but then again it's all a matter of choice. If you drive in the big city I could see having an automatic, otherwise you should have a manual. It just reminds me of a couple weeks ago my son who is 19 came over with a buddy, he had just got his grandfathers 65 Ford Fairlane wagon with 3 on the tree. They had no idea how to get it go'in. I jumped right in there and show'd them how's it's done. The only 2 19 year olds in the great white north that know what "3 on the tree" means.

There should almost be law against having a sports car with an automatic, but then again it's all a matter of choice. If you drive in the big city I could see having an automatic, otherwise you should have a manual. It just reminds me of a couple weeks ago my son who is 19 came over with a buddy, he had just got his grandfathers 65 Ford Fairlane wagon with 3 on the tree. They had no idea how to get it go'in. I jumped right in there and show'd them how's it's done. The only 2 19 year olds in the great white north that know what "3 on the tree" means.

The auto is nice for the city, the older folks, and the handicapped.

when i was in high school my grandpa had a chevy pickup with "3 on the tree". i think it was a 65. it was olive drab lookin green and white.

Some guys just don't like to shift, plus I think most ladies prefer an automatic. I agree, though, in a car like this a manual should be the only choice. Plus, w/ an automatic you don't get a Hurst shifter!

I came close to getting an auto and it wasn't until the last minute I got a stick my first since my 89 GT. I like it, and I don't, I guess the same I would be saying had I gotten the auto. Both have their good and bad. The manual can be fun and a pain the auto can be easy and yet at times boring. It's a flip of the coin for me. Had I lived in the city or had to deal with a long commute with stop and go traffic the auto would have been a no brainer.

OK, I just had to read this tread because I knew someone had to stick their foot in their mouth and guess what, we have a winner! 'Against the law to have a sports car with an 'automatic' as you so put it'... do you realize how ridiculous your statement is? I'll tell you how much because I can't use the 'idio :censored: word anymore, so listen up... Do you know what everyone's situation is? NO! Do you know why someone might need an automatic? NO! The key word being 'need'! Since its obvious you don't, then why say such am ignorant statement? If you Mods want to sensor me, go ahead. 24 years ago a scumbag drunk driver ran me over and injuries suffered from it DO NOT allow me to work a clutch, therefore I have NO choice but to use an automatic in every car I own! Also, I know a Vietnam Vet who had a 69 Boss 302 before he left for Vietnam and after his 2nd tour he had to have both his legs amputated below his knee's and guess what he did after coming home and after years of therapy, got himself another 69 Boss 302 then yanked out the 4spd and put in a C4 so he could have some fun like everyone else!!!

Still think 'it should almost be against the law'? :censored::censored:

Think before you speak! :finger:

Some guys just don't like to shift, plus I think most ladies prefer an automatic. I agree, though, in a car like this a manual should be the only choice. Plus, w/ an automatic you don't get a Hurst shifter!

I am always at the big MCA shows and SAAC conventions and for any of you who want to come over and call me 'handicapped' and 'ladies', bring it on :censored::censored:

I am always at the big MCA shows and SAAC conventions and for any of you who want to come over and call me 'handicapped' and 'ladies', bring it on :censored::censored:

Whoa, OK now BREATH. Im sure he meant no offense, he, im sure was just being a smart ass. It happens from time to time, I even do it. ALOT :happy feet:

We should all agree its great that they are available with an auto for any reason, just so more people can enjoy our great cars. I should have bought an auto because I hate to shift gears, but oh well. point is whatever the reason you or anyone else has an auto over the manual should not cause anyone to threaten one another here or anywhere all that does is cause problems for everyone. this is my opinion only and I dont wish to make anyone mad but come on. We are all adults here correct? and some are ladies. Lets atleast be civil for them. thanx

OK guys. i think somethings were said that were taken wrong. i understand why they were taken wrong, but lets not start attacking anyone. im not going to moderate anyone because i understand your postition. i just dont thing stormeaston meant it the way you took it. thats the problem with these forums. we cant see the folks saying them to see if they are trying to joke or trying to start something. i have had corvettes in autos and 6 speeds. my wife always pushes me to get the manuals. i sold a guy with one arm (the left) a 5 speed GT and he drag raced the car. the coolest thing you ever saw. i think the things that were said were to kid the other side. auto verses manual like guys kid with which color car is faster.

im sorry if you took the statement wrong. i will PM the guys and take care of it for you.

michael morris

I hope no one took any dissrespect out of this post. I didn't say that autos were only for the city, older folks, or disabled. Just that they sometimes are more user friendly. It was not my intent to stir any $h!t or ruffle anyones feathers. My appologies if I did.

I guess I should have put LOL :hysterical2: after my "there should be a law" comment, sorry if my statement offended anyone.

Well...the white cars are faster. :lol:

Not only are the black cars faster, they get better gas milage and the hood scoops are perfect. :superhero:

Whoa there! Did you get one of those Shelby GT-H "Hallucinogenic" special editons!?!? The limted edition 100 made for LA Street Pharmacists? :hysterical:

Your on to me!

I came close to getting an auto and it wasn't until the last minute I got a stick my first since my 89 GT. I like it, and I don't, I guess the same I would be saying had I gotten the auto. Both have their good and bad. The manual can be fun and a pain the auto can be easy and yet at times boring. It's a flip of the coin for me. Had I lived in the city or had to deal with a long commute with stop and go traffic the auto would have been a no brainer.

i feel your pain...sometimes i hate shifting especially when i am dealing with a crowded parking lot or a steap hill at an intersection when someone is stopped RIGHT BEHIND ME, or pulling in my driveway which is sloped. takes alot of finesse. luckily i had already filled the street gutter with cement in front of my driveway or i would be scraping. i originally did it to save on my truck's ball joints.

oh yea... has anyone purchased an aftermarket clutch system like Centerforce or any other brand?

hey maybe u can rig up an auto transmission lever that looks like a Hurst :spiteful::hysterical:

Archived