TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My deal is available

RUFDRAFT

I hear that a lot. :) Hasn't changed my skeptical nature though.

One of the biggest things that got my attention though, was when he said he was going to keep this from his dealer. Made me wonder because of a response he gave to his dealer. His words:

Doesn't matter to me. Just seemed odd.

For those who are concerned, why not take up a collection for his medical bills so he can let the dealer sell it to someone else who will "be telling everyone you know about this deal" (RUFDRAFT's words). Whoever sets it up, let me know. As long as the money goes to a specific doctor or hospital, I'll kick in a couple hundred bucks.

Lawdude, why not exercise a little prudence here... when RUFDRAFT posted his family situation here it's not something to be analyzed. Yes, you have rthe ight to say whatever you want but prudence dictates that sometimes it's crass to do that -- this is one of those times. You're likely a bright younger fellow and I wish you the best. Just remember, it's hard to understand what someone else may be going through -- certainly not at the same personal level. Your youngness will eventually retreat, but, if you're not careful, crass stupidity can last a lifetime.

You don't need to defend your right to express yourself or your reason for expressing it - we all know you weren't trying to be crass ...maybe just leave it where it is and we can all get on with GT500 fun. Don't get me wrong, I'll defend your right to express yourself as you see fit, but then don't be suprised if no one wants to engage you when you do. They're not backing away from your exquisitely piercing logic, just would rather not engage someone incapable of knowing when a simple apology might have been more appropriate.

Your instincts may be good, but sometimes it's not prudent to express them. If this doesn't make sense to you, that's ok... just pretend I never posted this... and good luck to you.

Lawdude, why not exercise a little prudence here... when RUFDRAFT posted his family situation here it's not something to be analyzed. Yes, you have rthe ight to say whatever you want but prudence dictates that sometimes it's crass to do that -- this is one of those times. You're likely a bright younger fellow and I wish you the best. Just remember, it's hard to understand what someone else may be going through -- certainly not at the same personal level. Your youngness will eventually retreat, but, if you're not careful, crass stupidity can last a lifetime.

You don't need to defend your right to express yourself or your reason for expressing it - we all know you weren't trying to be crass ...maybe just leave it where it is and we can all get on with GT500 fun. Don't get me wrong, I'll defend your right to express yourself as you see fit, but then don't be suprised if no one wants to engage you when you do. They're not backing away from your exquisitely piercing logic, just would rather not engage someone incapable of knowing when a simple apology might have been more appropriate.

Your instincts may be good, but sometimes it's not prudent to express them. If this doesn't make sense to you, that's ok... just pretend I never posted this... and good luck to you.

Threadjack on

I'm not sure why the question of free speech always seems to come up when someone expresses an unpopular opinion. It seems that we are getting so PC that we can't see the difference between allowing what one says and feeling we can't disagree with it for fear of reprisal. We should be able to disagree without having to say that we don't want to trample on free speech. The same way someone can say whatever they want to, so can someone else feel free to disagree with it. There is no reason to defend free speech. It is alive and well.

68fastback, I truly do beg your pardon. I know that this is not what you were saying, it's just one of my hot buttons when someone feels that before they disagree they have to put a disclaimer in about free speech. I understand what you are saying about tact and discretion and I agree with you 100%. Lawdude, as you said to me in another thread, Point taken - let's move on.

Threadjack off

Thanks for your post. Youth is realtive. My first wife told me I was immature. Now my second wife tells me the same thing. Imagine having someone 23 years your junior telling you you're immature. :)

Insofar as everyone else is concerned, words are fine, but as yet I'm the only one who's offered to kick in a couple hundred bucks. If that's not enough, I'll make it three. If BoneDoc's nick is any indication of his occupation, he probably makes 5 times as much as I. I guess it's now $1500 to you Doc. ;)

Lawdude, as you said to me in another thread, Point taken - let's move on.

Ha, good one old guy. I'm with you.

Threadjack on

I'm not sure why the question of free speech always seems to come up when someone expresses an unpopular opinion. It seems that we are getting so PC that we can't see the difference between allowing what one says and feeling we can't disagree with it for fear of reprisal. We should be able to disagree without having to say that we don't want to trample on free speech. The same way someone can say whatever they want to, so can someone else feel free to disagree with it. There is no reason to defend free speech. It is alive and well.

68fastback, I truly do beg your pardon. I know that this is not what you were saying, it's just one of my hot buttons when someone feels that before they disagree they have to put a disclaimer in about free speech. I understand what you are saying about tact and discretion and I agree with you 100%. Lawdude, as you said to me in another thread, Point taken - let's move on.

Threadjack off

Hey old guy, no need to appologize -- I understand where you're coming from entirely. I wasn't trying to preappologize to lawdude -- rather I was trying to put the situation in perspective for him without him thinking I meant he didn't have a right to say what he feels. It's hard to have someone view themselves or teir words from another perspective sometimes -- then again, that's not my job... so, point well taken,.. movin'on ;-)

Rufdraft - I've been thinking about your offer and I am wondering if you have put pencil to paper. You probably know by some of my posts that I am a number cruncher. Remember that you will have to bear the costs of buying the vehicle before you resell it. I don't know what the costs are associated with buying a vehicle in your part of the country, but Here in Denver the costs are quite steep. On a $50000 purchase sales tax will have to be paid. In my part of the country that will work out to be almost $4,000. And there will be registration fees on top of the tax which you will surely have to pay. Then you will have to insure it until the new buyer picks it up. I know that if I were to buy and sell my car, $5K would get eaten up pretty quickly. Your state may be very different, but you need to see if it's worth doing. Perhaps it's best to just go to the dealer and ask if he'd mind, in light of your situation, if you ebay your spot. If not, then just give up the spot to a local. It doesn't sound like reselling it for 5K over will do you much good, and it'll just piss off the dealer.

Ruf Draft, I am very sorry to hear about your wife, I had a good friend who had MS and I saw him experience some very tough times. My heart goes out to you and your wife. As for the Shelby, I have a idea. I want one really bad also, but Im not wealthy and must be practical also and there are many other priorities other than a really neat car. If I get one (late in the run if at all) it will be a daily driver and must get reasonable fuel milage as I drive 100 miles round trip every third day. The C&D performance test didn't look too good for the fuel milage. I am waiting on accurate data. I am a licensed Dealer in Florida and can buy a 2005 GT at the auction for about $20 to 22K estimated 10,000 miles or less. Not a shelby but a $4000.00 Supercharge will easily put the car at 425 to 450 HP ( don't go past 450 or you will blow it up ) It will still be a neat Mustang that will be alot of fun to own. Practical that the fuel milage will be better, cheaper insurance rates and by the time you set the car up you will have at least $25,000 less in it, especially when you figure interest, tax and other fees. (oh, couldn't resist, How many pounds lighter is it? ) My ADM will be $500.00.

RUFDRAFT - Very sorry to hear about your wife's illness - cetainly hope everything works out all right. This is one of those situations where it certainly wouldn't bother me to see your car on EBAY - many will be auctioned off simply by people to make a profit, I believe your reasons would be much more valid. If people don't like it - tough.

Hi everyone - just got back from Concord. The Dodge Boys had that thing hummin'.

(decided to drive straight home - traffic flow wouldn't let me head toward the motel!

Man - this is the only thread I wish I never started!

First off - thanks to all of you who've responded with kindness and care. It means a lot.

Regal - what a generous offer. I'll be in touch later this week. Very kind and clever.

I don't want or need any charity.

This was obviously a bad idea.

I'm telling the dealer and let him sell to whom he wishes.

And that's all I have to say about that!

Christine had a great time at her first NASCAR race - but over-extended herself. She's fine. I thought it might be too much - but she insisted on watching JJ.

Peace, y'all. :shift:

Oh I see, the crap I deleted just happend to be a threat on a guys life for 5,000.00

Yeah, I am so unreasonable. :baby::baby::baby:

I'm sorry. I was trying to be sarcastically humerous in a dark kind of way - In a vain attempt to change the course this whole post has created. Even RUF DRAFT quotes that he wished he never started this topic.

Mabe you should consider deliting this whole topic so we can all get back to the fun of "anticipation". For once those of us who will assume ownership of a Shelby GT 500 --- Its over --- no more anticipation or car fever.

I will say again. I am sorry and learned my lesson.

This is one of those situations where it certainly wouldn't bother me to see your car on EBAY - many will be auctioned off simply by people to make a profit, I believe your reasons would be much more valid. If people don't like it - tough.

RUFDRAFT...All the best to you and your family. I think that some members never had a vision of why you were making your offer in the first place. For whatever reasons (I'll let the members fill in the blanks here...) there was a perceived conflict of interest based on the wording of your post. The terms of how you wanted to relinquish your GT500 are yours and yours only...and can only be negotiated by you and a prospective buyer. Your situation at home is what it is, and you have to do what you have to do to get to where you need to be. If the market dictates that these cars sell for $60K then so be it. It sounds to me like you need the biggest bang for your buck on this deal...I say GO FOR IT and do everything you can to restore your wifes health, and everyone who has questioned your reasoning can go away mad, so long as they go away.

ShelbyWise

Thanks, man.

Under the counsel (!) of several wise members, I've decided to wait until the car arrives and then decide. At least with this car, I could drive it for a year - then sell and lose perhaps less than another car.

My wife's continuing - and worsening condition - kind of came to a boil in my mind. Basically - I panicked.

I'll chill.

The only reason I brought up that issue is most people like to know why someone is selling their car - no more no less.

Crisis averted. MSRP tomorrow? :happy feet:

Brian,

I am really happy that you decided to stay the course with the car. I know how much you have been looking forward to it. It sounds as if your wife is a wonderful person in many ways, not the least being that she not only supports your hobbies and interests, but gets involved in them with you. I believe that your 500 will give her as many happy hours as it will give you.

Mark

Mark - I like you, man. Not as much as I like Orf - but like you just the same!

Yes - she told me to trade down her Volvo wagon so I could perhaps "do the deal."

She's the First woman I've know who likes to go fast with me.

When I had the Mach-1 ('03) - we had gotten back from a short cruise down by the riverfront and I was backing in the driveway (I like to back in...). It had been a very calm drive - just tooling along.

When I stopped the car - she says, "Are you getting too old for this car?" And smiled.

I put it in 1st and smoked 'em for twenty feet! :happy feet:

(actually scared the neighbor lady across the street on her front porch!)

My other wives thought I was "childish." :shift:

Mark - I like you, man. Not as much as I like Orf - but like you just the same!

Yes - she told me to trade down her Volvo wagon so I could perhaps "do the deal."

She's the First woman I've know who likes to go fast with me.

When I had the Mach-1 ('03) - we had gotten back from a short cruise down by the riverfront and I was backing in the driveway (I like to back in...). It had been a very calm drive - just tooling along.

When I stopped the car - she says, "Are you getting too old for this car?" And smiled.

I put it in 1st and smoked 'em for twenty feet! :happy feet:

(actually scared the neighbor lady across the street on her front porch!)

My other wives thought I was "childish." :shift:

I wish you and your wife the best of luck!you seem like a good hearted person and deserve this car for your sacrafise's.You made the right choice by keeping the car because i'm sure it will put a smile on your wife's face! also like the mach 1 story :hysterical: BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

Thanks, man.

Under the counsel (!) of several wise members, I've decided to wait until the car arrives and then decide. At least with this car, I could drive it for a year - then sell and lose perhaps less than another car.

My wife's continuing - and worsening condition - kind of came to a boil in my mind. Basically - I panicked.

I'll chill.

The only reason I brought up that issue is most people like to know why someone is selling their car - no more no less.

Crisis averted. MSRP tomorrow? :happy feet:

Hey, Brian, so glad to see you've got things in good perspective -- I can only imagine the emotional conflicts this is putting you through... you're wife is obviously a very special woman... hope it all works out for you... 'cause, in the end, it's only a car and you can always decline it -- wishing the best for you both.

Dan

Bryan,

:happy feet: Glad to hear your are going to stick it out. Nuff said about that. M.S.R.P. tommorrow? JEEZ, I friggin hope so, because this place is a pressue cooker that needs some pressure released NOW!

It's all down hill from here. If the information here has been accurate, the first production units will start to get assembled seven days from now, and if everything is a go on those, the first shipments go out in less than 30 days. Do we have any verification from FiveOH or anyone else regarding pricing announcements happining tomorrow?

Archived