TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My deal is available

RUFDRAFT

(From Charlotte)

After some long and careful thought – I will not be able to acquire my Shelby GT.

My wife’s recent health issue (MS – secondary progressive) has progressed to the point where she will be unable to return to work full-time.

Therefore – I need to lighten the financial burden belt.

Before telling my dealer this – and before going to Ebay – I thought I’d try this.

I’m not going to try and auction off my deal. But I am going to try and help our situation here at home and perhaps help one of you get your Shelby.

If anyone would like to buy my car – at $5k over MSRP, email me. (this figure seems like a reasonable amount based on what I’ve been reading) I’ll print off your names, and when my dealer gives me a build date – or VIN #, I’ll put the names in a hat. I’ll draw one, and contact you giving you first refusal to send a deposit on the deal. I’ll continue that until someone wants the car.

The order was placed with Ford two weeks ago. Red with White Stripes – standard stereo – interior upgrade – and the red leather inserts. The dealer is not SVT – or Presidents – so the car may not be delivered until Sept – Oct - ?? But they did say they gave it the highest priority number.

I’ll buy the car – this dealer would prefer to sell to a local buyer – and might not approve of transferring the order. I’d like to see a true enthusiast have the car – and we can use the funds. When I take delivery, I’ll drive the car 2 miles to my house – and then lock it up until you can come and take delivery. I will not drive the car once it’s here – period. I know that’s very important. I will, however, expect to be taken out for a short spin before you drive it home.

For those of you who have been reading my posts, you’ll know this has not been an easy decision for me. I love Mustangs. But my family comes first.

Life is change, my friends. I need to “roll with it,” and not look back.

Keeping our house is more important to me than having this car.

So, email me at - oesterreichb@ecu.edu – if you’d like to be considered for the car.

If I respond to you when I get some firmer confirmation from my dealer, I’ll ask for a $2,500 deposit (refundable only if the car will not be delivered) as a sign of good faith. You know where I work!

Bryan

Please no flames. I'm not trying to auction the deal. And I'm not a dealer. Thanks

Sounds to me like your doing the right thing for the right reason. And going even further than I myself might be able to. Stay close. Things might change and good things happen to good people. Call me humbled. Best wishes(and prayers for whatever fate you choose). :cheerleader:

Hey Bryan, all the best to you and your wife especially.

Unfortunately decisions like yours have to be made and you're right. Family comes first.

I do hope that you'll still hang around regardless of what happens. I for one would miss your post whoring. I mean your input......

Bryan, I am really sorry to hear about your wife's health. You are making the right decision with the GT500. I spent 1995-1999 without a Mustang in my driveway while my daughter underwent 3 heart surgeries. She is way more important than having a cool car in the driveway. Her 3rd surgery was a success and she is 100% cured now, plus all the doctors & hospitals have been paid in full, so I've had two Mustangs since then.

Life is good. Toys are good. But, life can change in a heartbeat and priorities must be rearranged from time to time. There is a GT500 in your future, Bryan. It may not be a new 2007-8, but you'll have one someday. Best wishes to you and your wife.

Owning a GT500 is not a requirement for this website - so don't plan on doing anything rash (like leaving us!). We expect lots of good articles written by you and your words of wisdom to keep us all sane!

Bryan,

Priorities, you have to keep your priorities. I admire you for making this decision because I fully understand what you are sacrificing. From your posts we all know how excited you were about owning this car. Some of the rest of us, including myself, could possibly be forced into just such a decision before the man calls us to come get it. I hope we can muster the same fortitude as you have to do what is best for our families!

I hope things come together for you and your family soon that might enable you to eventually get into the Shelby. I will be pulling for you and yours.

I am not much of a praying man, but I do time to time just in case He is listening. I'll be talking to Him for you and your family. Just in case.

The invite to the car show is still good, we may just have one Shelby to compete with the Cobra R is all! And if you are good, I'll let you pilot me around Charleston in my Shelbya bit! It won't be red, but it will still be way cool!

Your friend, Smitty

Stay with us!

Bryan,

I won't repeat what the others have said. I agree with their sentiments, and admire you for making the right decision. I will do like Smitty above. It's been a while, and I don't know how good the phone line is between me and the Big Guy, but I don't see how it can hurt.

I don't know how far you are from the Outer Banks. I'm assuming a couple hour drive, at least. I do get down there two or three times a year. If my GT500 makes the trip, maybe we can hook up and you can blow some carbon out of it.

Keep in touch.

??? First 'uh-oh' and now this................something we should know???

Sometimes certain events or circumstances cause my antenna to raise. Serves me well in my profession. This is one of those events. But don't pay any attention to me. That's just my nature.

Bryan,

I'm new on the circuit of stangsunleashed,and I have seen many of your posts. But I would like to say from the bottom of my heart, May God Bless you and your Wife on this rough jouney you are undertaking. Having a car is only a materialistic thing, and we can't take it with us. My wife and I will keep you and your wife in our prayers and will light a candle at church tomorrow for both of you.

Sincerely,

Ken Lee

right move, believe me I know the feeling when a family member is seriously injured and/or suffers from a serious illness. Finances are #1, however, if on the other hand one opts to pullout because of guilt and selfishness that might be a mistake. Often things have a way of working out and often your loved ones would prefer you follow thru to share the experience and share some pleasure. Best of luck. May god be with you.

Lawdude - you've insulted me, my wife, my family, and my integrity.

If you doubt her condition, here's what's she been taking the past 3 months:

Avonex - a self-injected weekly shot designed to prolong the time between MS epsidodes. She injected herself for 3 consecutive weeks and had severe reactions including: throwing up - fever - chills - joint pain.

Therefore, there're putting her on COPAXONE - a daily injection - non-interferon - medication. How would you like sticking yourself with a needle every day?

Other MS-related meds:

LYRICA

DICLOFENAC

PROVIGIL

LEXAPRO (ANTI-DEPRESSANT)

TIZANIDINIE

WELLBUTRIN

Your "antenna" was raised?

Picture coming home for four months and seeing your wife on the sofa - looking like she's been running a marathon. Fatigued - sweaty - drawn.

Picture yourself unable to help her more than you can with prescriptions that don't seem to make any difference.

And you insinuate there may be something "fishy" with my post.

I'm going to refrain from saying what I'd really like to say here. I've got more upbringing and class than you do.

Know this - I'd like to spend a few minutes with you - to...give you a refresher course in manners.

You dig?

I'm in the book.

Lawdude - you've insulted me, my wife, my family, and my integrity.

If you doubt her condition, here's what's she been taking the past 3 months:

Avonex - a self-injected weekly shot designed to prolong the time between MS epsidodes. She injected herself for 3 consecutive weeks and had severe reactions including: throwing up - fever - chills - joint pain.

Therefore, there're putting her on COPAXONE - a daily injection - non-interferon - medication. How would you like sticking yourself with a needle every day?

Other MS-related meds:

LYRICA

DICLOFENAC

PROVIGIL

LEXAPRO (ANTI-DEPRESSANT)

TIZANIDINIE

WELLBUTRIN

Your "antenna" was raised?

Picture coming home for four months and seeing your wife on the sofa - looking like she's been running a marathon. Fatigued - sweaty - drawn.

Picture yourself unable to help her more than you can with prescriptions that don't seem to make any difference.

And you insinuate there may be something "fishy" with my post.

I'm going to refrain from saying what I'd really like to say here. I've got more upbringing and class than you do.

Know this - I'd like to spend a few minutes with you - to...give you a refresher course in manners.

You dig?

I'm in the book.

That's how I read his two posts, that's why I questioned it...........it wasn't nice thats for sure. If something happened in my life with me or my family, my GT500 would come second, simple as that. All the best to you and family!!!

Hey, Brian... just saw your post -- so very sorry to hear this... you are the real deal and I've so enjoyed your wit and sincerity in here. My best to you and your wife. And please, no need to explain anything to any non-believer (even if they didn't mean it as it might have sounded)... that you are a stand-up guy is clear from your hundreds of posts. I hope you'll still stay close to these forums. My prayers and best wishes are with you and your family, my friend.... hang in there... nuf said.

-Dan

Has nothing to do with your wife. Like everyone else, I really don't know you. I'm sure your wife has been sick for quite awhile. I've got a wife with a disease she'll have for the rest of her life and for which she takes expensive treatment four times a year. I just would never use that as a public reason for pecuniary gain.

Why is my antenna up? It is your come on like gangbuster's style, the sudden realization of your financial condition, your wanting to make a quick profit AND keep the deal from your dealer. Could all be true, dunno. Like I said, my antenna is up - hasn't always been right, but has served me well overall.

Besides, if you're the real deal, why worry about what I think. Just sell your car.

Oh yeah, didn't know I was being rude. You seem to be about my age. Surely you've lived long enough to have developed a little skepticism.

As to your umbrage-taking post, being an English teacher, I'm sure you're familiar with the Shakespearean quote, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Don't get me wrong on this, I am sorry for your family situation, but why not just call the dealer and back out? Let the next guy in line have it. When an honest dealer does sell for msrp and then finds out the car is resold for a profit before it is even built, what do you think he will charge the next time? If you back out now, then you are no worse off. If $5k is going to make or break you, then you should never considered buying a $45k car in the first place.

(From Charlotte)

After some long and careful thought – I will not be able to acquire my Shelby GT.

My wife’s recent health issue (MS – secondary progressive) has progressed to the point where she will be unable to return to work full-time.

Therefore – I need to lighten the financial burden belt.

Before telling my dealer this – and before going to Ebay – I thought I’d try this.

I’m not going to try and auction off my deal. But I am going to try and help our situation here at home and perhaps help one of you get your Shelby.

If anyone would like to buy my car – at $5k over MSRP, email me. (this figure seems like a reasonable amount based on what I’ve been reading) I’ll print off your names, and when my dealer gives me a build date – or VIN #, I’ll put the names in a hat. I’ll draw one, and contact you giving you first refusal to send a deposit on the deal. I’ll continue that until someone wants the car.

The order was placed with Ford two weeks ago. Red with White Stripes – standard stereo – interior upgrade – and the red leather inserts. The dealer is not SVT – or Presidents – so the car may not be delivered until Sept – Oct - ?? But they did say they gave it the highest priority number.

I’ll buy the car – this dealer would prefer to sell to a local buyer – and might not approve of transferring the order. I’d like to see a true enthusiast have the car – and we can use the funds. When I take delivery, I’ll drive the car 2 miles to my house – and then lock it up until you can come and take delivery. I will not drive the car once it’s here – period. I know that’s very important. I will, however, expect to be taken out for a short spin before you drive it home.

For those of you who have been reading my posts, you’ll know this has not been an easy decision for me. I love Mustangs. But my family comes first.

Life is change, my friends. I need to “roll with it,” and not look back.

Keeping our house is more important to me than having this car.

So, email me at - oesterreichb@ecu.edu – if you’d like to be considered for the car.

If I respond to you when I get some firmer confirmation from my dealer, I’ll ask for a $2,500 deposit (refundable only if the car will not be delivered) as a sign of good faith. You know where I work!

Bryan

Please no flames. I'm not trying to auction the deal. And I'm not a dealer. Thanks

Sorry to hear about you wife our prayers go out to you & your family. My wife`s sister has M.S , & has had it for 30 years . You are right though Family becomes first over anything in life. Hope you willnot give up writing your post`s as we all enjoy them. At the least keep us posted on how things are going .

Shelby001

Bryan,

Rather than taking the time and the energy to blast the negitive comments directed at you in this thread, I choose to take the high road and just tell you that I am terribly sorry for your situtation, hope and pray for your wife's speedy recovery, and say that if there is anything that I can do to help, please don't hestate to ask, long distance be damned.

You are a fine and witty man, and I enjoy reading your postings and comments, something that I hope will continue in spite of your announcement. And with regards to that announcement, may I recommend that you hold on to your spot as long as you can without loosing your deposit? You just never know what may happen over the next several weeks, so just hold on to your postion as long as you can. You know that the car will sell if you don't end up buying it, so the dealer won't loose anything if you pop up at the last minute and decline. Supposedly, the M.S.R.P. will be announced on Tuesday; perhaps it might be low enough for you to secure the car and handle the other invoices you have too.

If there is any member of this site that should own one of these cars, it would be you Bryan.

Most sincerely,

SOGT

Professor-

keep up the good fight. I know (as do you) that MS can be an extremely difficult disease. My hat is off to you. I doubt that many of us would have the fortitude to give up this prize. I used to work at the Mayo clinic and I could put you in contact with someone there if you think it would help. just let me know. We are lucky to have you on the site and I envy your students at ECU... i never had an english professor nearly as cool! please give my regards and best wishes to you wife.

Lawdude-

wow. :doh:

you suck. :shrug:

Professor-

keep up the good fight. I know (as do you) that MS can be an extremely difficult disease. My hat is off to you. I doubt that many of us would have the fortitude to give up this prize. I used to work at the Mayo clinic and I could put you in contact with someone there if you think it would help. just let me know. We are lucky to have you on the site and I envy your students at ECU... i never had an english professor nearly as cool! please give my regards and best wishes to you wife.

Lawdude-

Some serpants agree, however one has to be careful of moderators majic remove your quote button :sos:

Lawdude-

I hear that a lot. :) Hasn't changed my skeptical nature though.

One of the biggest things that got my attention though, was when he said he was going to keep this from his dealer. Made me wonder because of a response he gave to his dealer. His words:

The GM asked me if I was going to sell the Shelby to make some money. I told him he'd be

seeing the car drive past his store - EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Doesn't matter to me. Just seemed odd.

For those who are concerned, why not take up a collection for his medical bills so he can let the dealer sell it to someone else who will "be telling everyone you know about this deal" (RUFDRAFT's words). Whoever sets it up, let me know. As long as the money goes to a specific doctor or hospital, I'll kick in a couple hundred bucks.

Archived