TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Want 300HP RWHP

I had a 04 Mach1 that I put Hooker's, intake spacer and Cold air. It got a turn and she made 300 at the rear. What do you all think it well take for the same on SGT. I have read that headers are not making that much hp for the money. I would like to not S/C it at this time. I know some about the 4valve's but just now reading more on the three valve. I love the way it handles but just want a little more power.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I "think" that the SGT is somewhere in the neighborhood of 275 to 280 rwhp, stock. So, we're talking about adding 25 hp here, correct?

Blowers and throttle in a bottle are not without hazards. Boost will eventually have an effect on the lower end of the engine. And the bottle can be a fire hazard.

Go to www.rpmoutlet.com/05.gtkbp.htm

they are offering heads said to offer 40 more HP for 2,600.00 (cheaper than a blower). They also have a one piece aluminum drive shaft that reportedly offers 14 more HP. Add headers for at least 10 more and you should be well over 300 RWHP.

I recognize the gains may be inflated but all of the above could probably be installed for probbly 2,000 less than the supercharger. The engine will just breathe better and turn easier. Less strain on the bottom end. YOu could always add the S/C later as all the above would only compliment the blower.

And no changes to pulleys or hood clearance.

Something to think about.

Seems like a relatively easy target. First step get a tune pick your poison then underdrive pulleys and maybe an aluminum drive shaft. We there yet ? I see RossGT is using the MSD coil set I'd like to know the return on that, might be an option. I can't imagine a great deal of return on exhaust at this point if you stay legal, but there is probably some to be had. Electric water pump ? Just thinkin out loud putin out some ideas for ya :)

He is always that way, and always will be. he'll ask mod questions and never do it, just Ilmor :hysterical: !

He is always that way, and always will be, he'll make comments like that, always, just Swede :hysterical: !

He is always that way, and always will be, he'll make comments like that, always, just Swede :hysterical: !

I talked to Jim Jr. at JDM who is a friend of mine. With a new tune ,new air tube for the inlet and under drive pullies it should put me a little over. They just did a run on a new Bullitt for MM and it put down 285.

All so going to change from 6200 to 6600 for the revlimit.

I all so am going to put on the new FRPP heads ,cams and long tube headers. With all that I should get around 375 at the rear.

I have aquestion for a couple of you. Are you talking about me. Because if you are you dont' know me. When I say I am going to do something I do it.

NO, hotrodbob...we were talking to each other, me and Swede. I have no doubt that you'll do what you plan, and it sounds like a good plan. Keep us posted on your progress.

Thats OK!! I want to make as much HP to the rear on just plain motor.

I'm always interested to see how much can be done that way.

I'm always interested to see how much can be done that way.

Ilmor- You know I want as much HP as I can get, as you and I have discussed this before on the Shelby Forum. Infact you evened questioned why I bought a SGT if I did not like the HP issue!! Now I see your here on the same issue, what is up with that? I think you now realize that the HP in the SGT is NOT what it should have been and most all of us want more HP and believe Shelby should have done this from the get-go. That is why I said what I said. Futher more I would like to keep my car naturally aspirated, but if I have to go SC then I would prefer to send my car back to SAI for pedigree purposes. But ultimately I would rather add mods to get the car around 385 @ the crank and then change the gears to 410's. That probabaly would satisfy me.

Ilmor- You know I want as much HP as I can get, as you and I have discussed this before on the Shelby Forum. Infact you evened questioned why I bought a SGT if I did not like the HP issue!! Now I see your here on the same issue, what is up with that? I think you now realize that the HP in the SGT is NOT what it should have been and most all of us want more HP and believe Shelby should have done this from the get-go. That is why I said what I said. Futher more I would like to keep my car naturally aspirated, but if I have to go SC then I would prefer to send my car back to SAI for pedigree purposes. But ultimately I would rather add mods to get the car around 385 @ the crank and then change the gears to 410's. That probabaly would satisfy me.

Swede - As we've discussed in the past, I'm interested to see what others are doing to their cars, but that doesn't mean that I'm interested in actually doing the same things they are. I just like reading about these things and participating in the forum, as well as helping when and where I can.

What mods have you done to your car so far? Or have you decided to sell it and get something more powerful...at least I think I remember you mentioning doing that in the past, I might be mistaken.

Swede - As we've discussed in the past, I'm interested to see what others are doing to their cars, but that doesn't mean that I'm interested in actually doing the same things they are. I just like reading about these things and participating in the forum, as well as helping when and where I can.

What mods have you done to your car so far? Or have you decided to sell it and get something more powerful...at least I think I remember you mentioning doing that in the past, I might be mistaken.

Ilmor- No selling my baby just yet, I am keeping it and will gain the HP I want by either SAI SC install or mods that create approx 380-385 crank HP from SAI or???? The only thing I have done is add the SCT tune. I mean the car is more reponsive but really just a seat of the pants thing not real live HP. I know your a purest and I also know you keep up with stuff going on so if you hear of anything I miss let me know.

Thanks-

• 1 year later...
Blowers and throttle in a bottle are not without hazards. Boost will eventually have an effect on the lower end of the engine. And the bottle can be a fire hazard.

Something to think about.

:slapfight: Nitrous oxide does not burn! It is an oxidizer...and not even that until over 392F.

ANY mod that improves the efficiency and horsepower output will accelerate the wear on the rotational assembly. How hard it gets driven is the real factor.

:slapfight: Nitrous oxide does not burn! It is an oxidizer...and not even that until over 392F.

ANY mod that improves the efficiency and horsepower output will accelerate the wear on the rotational assembly. How hard it gets driven is the real factor.

Fire is a form of oxidation. There are at least three forms of oxidation. Rust, Fire, Explosion. NOX contributes to fire. As you know, or at least should know, gasoline does not burn. It is the vapors that burn. I stand by the original statement.

Ilmore and Swede :hysterical:

My sgt is still 100% stock...funny huh?

Hotrodbob, back when were on the "old" site Ilmore was known for keeping his car stock and Swede was known for wanting more HP.

Naturally aspirated performance has been discussed in the past alot and it was my conclusion that a s/c just outright is the way to go if you want some serious bang for the buck. Longevity is for vampires as only they live forever...

Ilmore and Swede :hysterical:

My sgt is still 100% stock...funny huh?

Hotrodbob, back when were on the "old" site Ilmore was known for keeping his car stock and Swede was known for wanting more HP.

Naturally aspirated performance has been discussed in the past alot and it was my conclusion that a s/c just outright is the way to go if you want some serious bang for the buck. Longevity is for vampires as only they live forever...

Mc, I want my SGT to someday be a collectible. Even if to no one else except myself. For that reason I want to ensure I do not put a rod through the block. I also want to have the supercharger and want the Paxton so as to have the heritage and the strut tower brace. I would like to have the Paxton with about 7-8 PSI to ensure the engine would last forever. If I cannot have the paxton I would consider the FRPP hot rod cams, headers and aluminum drive shaft. But I figure I need at least 450 crank HP just in case one of those pesky camaros or challengers would want to play.

Archived