TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What's the Temperature in your Town today ?

Please be advised that photos showing us your sunburn and any post complaining about that sunburn will be taken down by any moderator trapped in the cold weather. :hysterical:

Jim

+1...

Oh, and -13F... -33F with wind chill here in Litteton at the moment... GOOD GOD, I left North Dakota to get away from this :censored:!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know. We are sooooooo overdue for a big one it is not a joking matter. Kind of like gallows humor - talking about it helps you deal with it. I have been in my office in high rises on two occasions and rode out some pretty scary ones. An inch of movement at ground level is two feet (or something like that) on the 20th floor. My office is now in a one story building I own that was specifically earthquake retrofit.

Jim

Ummmmm, Jim check out DUTCHGT500's thread about the Super Volcano...scroll down to my post...#20

:ninja:

Chris

Ummmmm, Jim check out DUTCHGT500's thread about the Super Volcano...scroll down to my post...#20

:ninja:

Chris

Crap! A tidal wave? My one story office is three blocks from San Diego Bay so that would not be so good. With California's luck, we would get a tidal wave and an earthquake on the same day.

Jim

It was -9*F when I left the house to go to Denver International Airport. By the time I got to I25 about 20 miles east it had dipped to -12*F where it stayed until I got to the parking lot. I got there at about 7:00 and about 1/2 of the United flights were already canceled - probably because of stackups in the rest of the system in or out of Denver My plane was about 90 minutes late. They were letting about 15 or so on the jetway at a time to keep people from being in the cold too long. I got to Dulles and to my connecting gate just as they were loading. I'm glad I didn't take the flight connecting in Chicago. I told the admin that was not going to happen.

I am in Raleigh now, where it was cool due to this same storm but is supposed to be 70*F tomorrow.

21 degrees with 22 mph winds = wind chill factor of 5 degrees and freezing my butt off. I was driving my wife and daughter around with the top down Saturday through Sonic and we stopped for a snack and drink. This Arkansas weather is really something in Texarkana. Projected to be in the low teens at night for the rest of the week.

We dodged the bullet on the snow and ice storms in Dallas, Tx.

GG

Please be advised that photos showing us your sunburn and any post complaining about that sunburn will be taken down by any moderator trapped in the cold weather. :hysterical:

Jim

Jim,

Just got here. No sunburn yet, just sunshine and Mai Tai's by the beach. party2.gif

Boy we needed this!

Ted

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

Today: Sunny, with a high near 27. Wind chill values as low as -9. Blustery, with a north northeast wind between 21 and 26 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -11. Blustery, with a northeast wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph.

Today: Sunny, with a high near 27. Wind chill values as low as -9. Blustery, with a north northeast wind between 21 and 26 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -11. Blustery, with a northeast wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph.

Take heart, we're supposed to warm up tp the 20s on the weekend so it can snow again. Maybe these temps will work their way down to you by then as well.

Archived