TEAM SHELBY FORUM

This Is A Joke!!!

WP64

up here in Winston Salem visiting my son in law school .... Thanksgiving day was actually in the high 60's but this am was pretty cool .... ok back to this thread ..... i dont know alot about the 300's .... and i am assuming this is the car they are talking about .... but ya ... this has to be a crock ... i know that are shelbys are a tad heavy but also respectable on a road course. I just cant see a the top of the line 300 coming close in beating the GT500.

What kind of HP does the top of the line 300 put out ... I am aware of the SRT8 ... that one i know..

ps: i wanna go home .....this apt is WAY to tiny .... dad needs to give the kid more of a room and board allowance :hysterical2: :happy feet: ... and i already miss my slow heavy delapated 500 .... who i now know all the 300's are looking to put a can of whoop ass on

up here in Winston Salem visiting my son in law school .... Thanksgiving day was actually in the high 60's but this am was pretty cool .... ok back to this thread ..... i dont know alot about the 300's .... and i am assuming this is the car they are talking about .... but ya ... this has to be a crock ... i know that are shelbys are a tad heavy but also respectable on a road course. I just cant see a the top of the line 300 coming close in beating the GT500.

What kind of HP does the top of the line 300 put out ... I am aware of the SRT8 ... that one i know..

ps: i wanna go home .....this apt is WAY to tiny .... dad needs to give the kid more of a room and board allowance :hysterical2: :happy feet: ... and i already miss my slow heavy delapated 500 .... who i now know all the 300's are looking to put a can of whoop ass on

Most of the information here is from the July 2006 issue of Motor Trend, which did a comparison between the GT500, SRT8 and the GTO.

The Charger SRT8 has a 6.1-liter V-8 with 425 HP and 420 lb-ft of torque. It weighs quite a bit more than the GT500 at 4266 pounds - and it's a four-door sedan. It only comes with an automatic.

0-60 MPH 0-100MPH QMile Time 60-0MPH

GT500 4.5 sec 9.6 sec 12.7 @ 116 110 ft

SRT8 5.0 sec 11.9 sec 13.5 @ 106.3 124 ft

The article indicated that the SRT8 had the most sophisticated suspension layout of the three cars, but it didn't feel like it - they were'nt very impressed with the handling. Bottom line, at the hands of a good driver, there's no way a stock Charger SRT8 can hang with the GT500.

One wouldnt think that a SRT8 could even remotely compare to the GT500

On side note ... wife and i went out to breakfast and found a waffle house thanks to our GPS.

Odd though ... ( I thought to myself) why she wasnt using the suction cup. Well I asked her and she went into this long thread about how her office staff said the suction cup is worthless and doesnt hold and how she has tried it several time .... ( i used it once and it worked fine in my truck) ... SOoooooooooooo I decide to hook it up .... well I loosened the clamp that creates suction .... pushed the cup to the windshield .... and and pushed the clamp back down that creates your suction. She starts to laugh hysterically ..... She told me that she tried to attach it but it kept falling off .... than she tried licken the dam thing to attach to the windshield ..... and it still

kept falling off ..... She wasnt aware of the clamp to create suction ... funny wife ~~ :hysterical2:

I know my car no longer qualifies to represent the STOCK GT500's.......BUT........

Last March when it was still bone stock I took it to the track for the first time. The track in question is only about 1.8 miles long, has 10 turns (including 1 off-camber carousel and 1 nasty combo of corners that ends with a very low speed hairpin....I actually tried 1st gear there once... :hysterical: ) In short this is NOT a course suited for the GT500 with its weight and horsepower.

Well, also in attendance was a Daytona Charger (a dealer from Arkansas, I believe). This is a very short story....After the first session in which I started directly behind him and flew past him after the first corner, he always made sure to line up behind me on the false-grid just so he didn't have to worry about getting dusted on the first lap. In fact once he saw me behind him on the grid and sat still and waved me by as the steward was sending us out :hysterical: .

And this was not a case of driver's skill as it was the very first time I had ever driven an Open Track event.

I had hoped for a little more of a fight from him but..... :waiting::waiting::waiting:

On that track, now, I find competition from modified 350Z's, base c6 vettes, and Lotus Elise's

Cars I can't keep pace with...Z06's & Porsche's

Cars that blow me away....Atom's :censored:

One of the guys where I work just bought a Charger SRT8. He has put a few mods and a tune on it and is always bugging me to race (him and the guy with the Mercedes C 63). My GT500 Vert is still stock and right now I think the Charger could beat me and the C63 would be tough. One day I may take them up on the challenge and see how I can do against both of them.

There was a Charger SRT8 (stock) vs Mustang GT (stock) race the first day the guy got the Charger. They ended up with one win a piece. Of course the guy driving the Mustang has been drag racing Mustangs for around 20 years. No tie breaker has happened as a nice man in a Deputy suit and car caught them on the second race. :hysterical2: I have never seen a kid as scared as the kid with the SRT8 when the Deputy came over to talk to him. They both got lucky and were just given a warning.

One of the guys where I work just bought a Charger SRT8. He has put a few mods and a tune on it and is always bugging me to race (him and the guy with the Mercedes C 63). My GT500 Vert is still stock and right now I think the Charger could beat me and the C63 would be tough. One day I may take them up on the challenge and see how I can do against both of them.

There was a Charger SRT8 (stock) vs Mustang GT (stock) race the first day the guy got the Charger. They ended up with one win a piece. Of course the guy driving the Mustang has been drag racing Mustangs for around 20 years. No tie breaker has happened as a nice man in a Deputy suit and car caught them on the second race. :hysterical2: I have never seen a kid as scared as the kid with the SRT8 when the Deputy came over to talk to him. They both got lucky and were just given a warning.

You guys will love this. There's a McDonalds in Gurnee,IL (about 40 mi north of me) where on any given Friday night there is an outstanding array of muscle cars that show up to show off. From mega-dollar show cars to an older gentleman's original '60 Vette...it runs the gamut.

Not many newer cars in the house, so the first time I went I was careful and respectful as to not act like I "belonged". I was invited "in" and was of course asked a million questions as mine was the first one any where around there. Over the next year, I'd show up with yet another mod and we got to be "regulars".

So early this fall, we showed up one night and there was a guy in a SRT8 Charger parked among all the classics....hood up, and a copy of the window sticker sitting on the air cleanner cover. Some folks helped back me in beside him and one of them said "have fun with THIS guy". I didn't know what they meant but soon found out. The second I got out of my car, this owner of the SRT8 blurted out "wanna go run 'em?" (Which to me is about the same as "hey y'all...watch this"....the last words a redneck says before he dies). I smile and say "nice car" and walk on. After making the rounds, looking at all the cool classics, I return only to find that he has been telling people that I was afraid to race him! What a douchebag.

I ignore him....go on with my evening...and then the fireworks begin. He wants to know why I'm afraid to "run him". I semi-politely tell him that I don't need to prove anything. He acts pissed, gets in, fires up his "monster" (which, btw, has 400 miles on the clock at that time) and proceeds to nearly run over a half dozen people in the parking lot!! He hardly missed a beat and swug out into the street, nailing it. His traction control worked, because as soon as he started to spin on the moist roadway, he bogged and it fell on its face. As he tried it again, he managed to take out both right rims on the curb. Apparently it wasn't bad enough to flatted tires, but he certainly had a rash. It resulted in a standing ovation from the residents of the parking lot and we were all waiting for something worse to happen. Fortunately, it didn't.

Two words from a lady next to us summed it up:

"Small P*nis"

bj

You guys will love this. There's a McDonalds in Gurnee,IL (about 40 mi north of me) where on any given Friday night there is an outstanding array of muscle cars that show up to show off. From mega-dollar show cars to an older gentleman's original '60 Vette...it runs the gamut.

Not many newer cars in the house, so the first time I went I was careful and respectful as to not act like I "belonged". I was invited "in" and was of course asked a million questions as mine was the first one any where around there. Over the next year, I'd show up with yet another mod and we got to be "regulars".

So early this fall, we showed up one night and there was a guy in a SRT8 Charger parked among all the classics....hood up, and a copy of the window sticker sitting on the air cleanner cover. Some folks helped back me in beside him and one of them said "have fun with THIS guy". I didn't know what they meant but soon found out. The second I got out of my car, this owner of the SRT8 blurted out "wanna go run 'em?" (Which to me is about the same as "hey y'all...watch this"....the last words a redneck says before he dies). I smile and say "nice car" and walk on. After making the rounds, looking at all the cool classics, I return only to find that he has been telling people that I was afraid to race him! What a douchebag.

I ignore him....go on with my evening...and then the fireworks begin. He wants to know why I'm afraid to "run him". I semi-politely tell him that I don't need to prove anything. He acts pissed, gets in, fires up his "monster" (which, btw, has 400 miles on the clock at that time) and proceeds to nearly run over a half dozen people in the parking lot!! He hardly missed a beat and swug out into the street, nailing it. His traction control worked, because as soon as he started to spin on the moist roadway, he bogged and it fell on its face. As he tried it again, he managed to take out both right rims on the curb. Apparently it wasn't bad enough to flatted tires, but he certainly had a rash. It resulted in a standing ovation from the residents of the parking lot and we were all waiting for something worse to happen. Fortunately, it didn't.

"Small P*nis"

bj

You live in Gurnee?? my cousin is there, beautiful place.......very upscale

"Small P*nis"

bj

:hysterical2:

"Small P*nis"

bj

• 2 weeks later...

Still too many losers in the world!! SRT8 land yacht!!! POS !!! Nothing drops it's value faster than a Chrysler.......nothing !!!!!

Also me and my budies noticed for the last 4 years Chrysler has been making a shit load of 300,challenger,pick up's every day trailer's and trailer's at least 15-20 stocking them near the downsview army base in TORONTO we all laufed and called that one day all those car's and truck's would go to scrap!!!!!last week I recall CRYSLER closed down all of ther main plants and to lay of 15000 workers!guess what they are all going to scrap where they belong.

This is funny as my wife has a Chrysler 300C SRT8 and I have my GT500.

They are two completely different classes of cars. Luxery 4 Dr Sedan vs Muscle car

The SRT does have a faster top speed (176 I think according to Car & Driver) due the GT500's Rev limiter. The SRT is better for LONG road trips as it has much more room in the cabin. The ride is smooth as a babies a$$.

I have races the wife a few times on open stretches of road. The SRT does accelerate very quickly for a car that size and definately is fast, BUT any race with my Shelby is over by 3rd gear.

If you need four doors, the SRT is a great car, but if you want to get there faster then FedEx, the GT500 is the only choice. Our cars ROCK.

You live in Gurnee?? my cousin is there, beautiful place.......very upscale

No...about 40 miles south. Oak Park. The first burb west of the city. I'm about 8 blocks from the city.

bj

SRT8's are slugs as seen here 4-01-07. This was a friends SRT8 and my GT500 right after i baught her.

That SRT8 thread is complete Fiction and I agree that Dodge and Z06 owners are as bad as Toyota owners . :hysterical2:

.... My wife was video taping this with our kids grabbing on to her arms, so go easy on the video comments!

I have an SRT8 down the street from me, he has new heads, caming and a blower to start with. His Dad (an old Ford guy from way back) just laughs and tells him he's got more money in that than I have in my GT500 and it's only worth half as much, and it's not even close. I pull him so incredibly bad.

Those guys on the SRT8 thread are right...the GT500 is way too heavy, and if you want to run on the track, there are certain things you have to do to the car to get it to corner right, but it's a perfect blank canvas to start with...and build it the way you want YOUR car.

As far as SRT8s go...I'd have held out for the Challenger.

I have an SRT8 down the street from me, he has new heads, caming and a blower to start with. His Dad (an old Ford guy from way back) just laughs and tells him he's got more money in that than I have in my GT500 and it's only worth half as much, and it's not even close. I pull him so incredibly bad.

Those guys on the SRT8 thread are right...the GT500 is way too heavy, and if you want to run on the track, there are certain things you have to do to the car to get it to corner right, but it's a perfect blank canvas to start with...and build it the way you want YOUR car.

As far as SRT8s go...I'd have held out for the Challenger.

Yes, ours are a little heavy but theirs is heavier than ours........and a Dodge. POS !!!

Archived