TEAM SHELBY FORUM

csx7000

CSX7034

Beautiful car Allan! My favorite Cobra racing colors.

Tell us about your car. The 7 series is FIA right? So it's a small block?, what motor? Tranny?

You guys will have to be patient with all the questions you'll get from the Mustang traffic you'll be getting in here. But we all share a passion for Shelby's! Help us learn about your cars.... :headspin:

It has a Gessford built 302 iron block (347) with 48 IDA's, the car dyno'd 358HP at the rear wheels. It also has a TKO II Road and Track 5 speed with 3:73 rear end. These cars have the original leaf springs front and back, they are very fun to drive on the road or the track.

• 7 months later...

I love these FIA cars and actually had a Kirkham FIA (leaf spring car) I sold a few years back (Should of kept it). Been thinking about looking for a CSX 7000 FIA or building one in the near future so sure would love to see move pics of owners cars.............

post-9554-1215181096.jpg

post-9554-1215181096.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I had a CSX4000 series car and it was a blast. kept it a year and the wife felt that an early death would occur if I kept the car. so off it went. but for some reason, I have had an itch for a 289 COBRA that is becoming unbearable!! at SAAC 33 I was talking to Gary Davis who told me, "We can make it so you can fit in there no problem!" (I am 6'1" tall with long legs and arms) and so the research begins. Again!!

• 1 month later...
I have had an itch for a 289 COBRA that is becoming unbearable!! at SAAC 33 I was talking to Gary Davis who told me, "We can make it so you can fit in there no problem!" (I am 6'1" tall with long legs and arms) and so the research begins. Again!!

I'm starting to go down the same road. Starting with the power plant now, 1965 289 engine on it's way. :happy feet:

Archived