TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Warranty Mystery?

:happy feet: I gave SAI my deposit today and am officially on the SS Train, but am still a little unclear on the warranty issue. Since I requested the 725HP package it wont affect me directly but here is the issue: If the warranty on the 605HP package is only 1 yr, some will opt for the power upgrade.... But if the 07's retain the full 3yr, and the 08's retain their full 5yr powertrain warranty some may opt for the lower HP package and possibly swap blowers later to get the benefit of their factory warranty.

Does anyone know conclusively what the warranty will be for the 600HP Package? As I understand it 07 and 08 cars have different factory warranties.

:happy feet: I gave SAI my deposit today and am officially on the SS Train, but am still a little unclear on the warranty issue. Since I requested the 725HP package it wont affect me directly but here is the issue: If the warranty on the 605HP package is only 1 yr, some will opt for the power upgrade.... But if the 07's retain the full 3yr, and the 08's retain their full 5yr powertrain warranty some may opt for the lower HP package and possibly swap blowers later to get the benefit of their factory warranty.

Does anyone know conclusively what the warranty will be for the 600HP Package? As I understand it 07 and 08 cars have different factory warranties.

07 & 08 has the same factory warranty

3 year / 36k mile bumper to bumper and 5 year / 60k mile powertrain

I think the 605 HP warranty is 3 year / 36k miles and the factory warranty should remain in effect excluding any of the parts added for the SS package. The only thing the factory warranty would void is anything that was directly related to any of the added parts which would have caused the failure on any of the factory parts. EDIT: 3/36 only applies to parts installed when the vehicle is new prior to delivery. After it has been sold and parts installed afterwards get a 12 months / 12k mile warranty.

For example, on the 5/60 powertrain something happens with the motor and Ford determines the cause was related to the upgraded blower and/or tune done to the car. They could void the powertrain warranty. If the cause had nothing to do with it then the powertrain should remain in effect.

Lets say the trans goes out at 40k miles. Ford could claim the cause was from the added HP and torgue added which added more power and strain to the trans for which it was designed for and void the warranty.

SAI really needs to clarify this warranty thing.

My understanding is that Ford has determined that any "Authorized" installation of the TVS will result in only a 1 year/12k mile warranty. I would think that SAI falls under that catagory.

Any "Unauthorized" installation of the TVS (IE. not an FRP or Roush certified installer) would void the warranty.

I am speaking only of the powertrain.....like Shelbydude said above.

Well if the powertrain warranty is reduced to 1 year after the Shelby installation of the TVS blower- I say bring on 725 and have the potential of the KB. I put down 768 to the wheels on a 4.6 KB2.8 with no spray and 20lbs of boost. With C-16 and a race tune and 26lbs it would go well over 800 RWHP.

ShelbyDude do you know anything about the 12 mos thing?

My understanding is that Ford has determined that any "Authorized" installation of the TVS will result in only a 1 year/12k mile warranty. I would think that SAI falls under that catagory.

Any "Unauthorized" installation of the TVS (IE. not an FRP or Roush certified installer) would void the warranty.

2) Power Packages for the 2005 – 2007 Mustang GT

The warranty will cover parts and labor to replace defective components on Ford Dealer installed parts only.

A 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty is applicable if installed at the time of new vehicle delivery

A 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty is in effect if installed after the date of vehicle delivery but prior to expiration of 3 years / 36,000 mile vehicle warranty

FORD RACING LIMITED WARRANTY STATEMENT

Ford Motor Company, The American Road, Dearborn, MI 48025, provides a Limited Warranty on select Ford Racing performance parts when installed by a Ford, Lincoln or Mercury Dealer and Shelby Automotive Inc. This warranty replaces the existing manufactures warranty. This warranty is valid for the original retail purchaser of the vehicle and is transferable to subsequent owners. This Limited Warranty is valid only when proof of purchase is registered by the installing dealer by contacting the Ford Racing Call Center at 1(800) 367-3788

WARNING NOTICE:

Ford Racing Parts are not Genuine Ford Parts. All Ford Racing Parts are aftermarket parts. Therefore, they may not be used in any application that requires the use of Genuine Ford Parts. The use of Ford Racing parts and components is likely to increase horsepower which may cause damage to the vehicle driveline and adversely affect other performance characteristics. Such damage is the sole responsibility of the consumer and is not covered by this Limited Warranty.

Consumers are solely and completely responsible for evaluating their vehicle to ensure that the vehicle, and each part of that vehicle, is appropriate for this Ford Racing part or component. It is the consumer's sole responsibility to have the performance enhancement parts properly installed on their vehicle along with any modifications that are necessary for the proper performance of the vehicle.

Vehicle damage caused by a consumer's failure to modify the vehicle properly for use of one or more Ford Racing parts and components is not covered by this Limited Warranty and is the sole responsibility of the consumer. This Limited Warranty and/or the New Vehicle Limited Warranty on your vehicle may be voided, either in whole or in part, where the vehicle has been damaged due to a consumer's failure to modify the vehicle properly as necessary for use of Ford Racing parts and components.

Performance Packs (FR1 Only), FR 400 HP SuperPack and FR SuperPack 600 - Note: Customers are required to use 91 or higher octane fuels at all times. Any failures associated with the non-use of premium 91 Octane fuel will be ineligible for warranty repair.

Retail Customers: To obtain warranty service, please return your vehicle to any Ford, Lincoln or Mercury Dealership. Please have your original dated receipt for date and installation verification.

Warranty Coverage's for Select Ford Racing Parts:

Limitations to Warranty

The following limitations apply to the products covered by this Limited Warranty:

• The purchase invoice(s) may be required for submission of warranty claims.

• This warranty does not cover vehicles that are used in off-road racing activities.

• Where a warranted Ford Racing part is replaced under this Limited Warranty, the replacement Ford Racing part is warranted only for the time remaining in the original Limited Warranty.

• Should Ford Racing modify any currently released parts which apply to this warranty program, Ford Racing is not obligated to update any previously manufactured parts.

• Ford Racing's warranty program does not cover parts with:

o Damage or corrosion due to accidents, misuse, or alterations. Damage or surface corrosion from the environment such as acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap), stones, salt road hazards, wind storm, lightning, floods and other natural

disasters.

o Normal wear, tear or deterioration such as discoloration, fading, or blurring.

o Replacement parts, or accessories installed on a Ford vehicle in which the odometer has been altered, or on which the actual mileage cannot be readily determined.

Performance Packs - (M-2005-FR1, M-5251-R, M-2005-FR1A, M-2006-FR1, M-2007-FR1V6, M-2007-FR1SVT, M-7210-T1, M-7210-V, M-7210-B, M-9603-GT05, M-9603-GT05A, M-9603-GT06, M-9603-V605, M-9603-SVT07, and M-2005-FR3, M-2007-FR3V6, M-2007-FR3SVT, M-5230-V6) found to be defective in factory-supplied material or workmanship for 3 years/36,000 miles (whichever comes first) when installed on a new vehicle at the time of vehicle sale or 12 months/12,000 miles (whichever occurs first) when installed after the date of vehicle sale but prior to the expiration of the 3 years/36,000 mile coverage (whichever occurs first) under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Performance Packs (FR1 Only). Note: Customers who purchase FR1 kits are required to use 91 or higher octane fuels at all times. Any failures associated with the non-use of premium 91 Octane fuel will be ineligible for warranty repair.

Performance Packs (FR3) Note: The FR3 performance handling application is designed for "Track Day" limit ride and handling. The FR3 Handling Pack requires the use of original equipment size wheels only. Such performance standards suggest vehicle ride will be more indicative of race performance vehicles. Vehicle conditions including, but not limited to, squeaks, rattles and harsh ride are not subject to warrantable repair.

Warranty Start Date - This limited warranty begins upon dealer installation and registration of the Ford Racing Performance Pack(s) with Ford Racing and ends at either 3 years/36,000 miles (whichever occurs first) when installed on a new vehicle at the time of vehicle sale or 12 months/12,000 miles (whichever occurs first) for all installations occurring after the date of vehicle sale but prior to the expiration of the 3 years/36,000 mile coverage (whichever occurs first) under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Superchargers - FR 400 HP SuperPack & FR SuperPack 600- M-6066-M463V, M-6066-M463V7, M-6066-M463P, M-6066-M463P7, M-6066-SGT.

• The FR 400 HP Super Pack is warranted when installed on Mustang GT 4.6L engines. * (See Foot Note #1 below)

• The FR SuperPack 600 is warranted when installed on Shelby GT500's. * (See Foot Note # 1 below)

* Foot Note #1: The FR 400 HP SuperPack and FR SuperPack 600 Superchargers are warranted for 12 months/12,000 miles from the time of installation when installed by a Ford, Lincoln or Mercury Dealer or Shelby Automotive Inc. prior to the vehicle reaching either 36 months or 36,000 miles (whichever occur vehicle warranty start date and found to be defective in Factory-supplied material or workmanship. This warranty replaces the existing manufactures warranty for engine, driveline and suspension parts with a 12 month or 12,000 miles warranty.

Ford Racing total liability per qualified vehicle under this warranty is $8,000 (Aggregate). Each covered component has its own aggregate value which when combined equals $8,000 in total parts repairs. Under this warranty policy, Ford Racing retains the right to replace any failed components with remanufactured parts for the life of the policy.

The following warranty coverage by component is outlined below:

Engine Assembly Coverage

• Total liability for failed engine parts will be $5,000.00 Transmission Assembly Coverage

• Total liability for failed transmission parts will be $1,500.00 Rear Axle Assemblies Coverage

• Total liability for failed rear axle parts will be $1,500.00

Warranty Start Date - This Limited Warranty begins on the date of dealer installation in a Mustang GT equipped with a 4.6L engine and registration of the FR 400 HP Super Pack with Ford Racing remains in effect for 12 months/12,000 miles from the time of installation for all FR 400 HP Super Packs installed on Mustang GT equipped with a 4.6L engine provided installation occurs during the period of 36 months or 36,000 miles.

o Replacement parts or accessories used in applications for which they are not designed.

o Non-Ford Racing parts or Ford Genuine replacement parts or accessories which Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Dealers may sell or install on your Ford vehicle.

o Misuse of a vehicle, such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing or using the vehicle as a stationary power source.

NOTES:

Federal and many state laws prohibit the removal, modification or rendering inoperative of any part that effects emissions or safety on motor vehicles used on public streets or highways. Ford Racing customers are responsible for complying with applicable state and local environmental regulations. In the case of vehicles which are licensed in California, it is the responsibility of the customer to determine if their own modified vehicle meets California laws for operations over public highways.

• Questions or concerns relating to this warranty policy may be answered by calling the Ford Racing Warranty Call Center (800) 367-3788.

THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER PARTS REPLACED OR LABOR CHARGES INCURRED AS PART OF NORMAL VEHICLE MAINTENANCE.

THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER ENGINE DAMAGE ASSOCIATED WITH CUSTOMERS USING LESS THAN 91 OCTANE FUELS.

TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, LOSS OF TIME, INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF THE USE OF THE VEHICLE, COMMERCIAL LOSS, AND INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARE NOT COVERED.

THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO THIS PART. FORD RACING AND FORD MOTOR COMPANY ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TIME FOR WHICH YOU MAY LOSE THE USE OF YOUR VEHICLE, ANY INCONVENIENCE YOU MIGHT BE CAUSED, THE LOSS OF YOUR TRANSPORTION OR ANY PART THEREOF, OR ANY OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES YOU MAY HAVE. YOU MAY HAVE SOME IMPLIED WARRANTIES UNDER STATE LAW, FOR EXAMPLE, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

WWW.FORDRACINGPARTS.COM

Well if the powertrain warranty is reduced to 1 year after the Shelby installation of the TVS blower- I say bring on 725 and have the potential of the KB. I put down 768 to the wheels on a 4.6 KB2.8 with no spray and 20lbs of boost. With C-16 and a race tune and 26lbs it would go well over 800 RWHP.

ShelbyDude do you know anything about the 12 mos thing?

Based on the way I read the warranty the 12 month thing applies to the parts added on vehicles after they were sold.

If the parts are added PRIOR to being sold then the warranty is 3/36 (must be installed by an authorized Ford dealer or Shelby Autos)

I would not think this affects the normal factory powertrain as long as the problem is not related to any of the parts installed after the fact.

Now for those having their cars shipped to SAI by the dealers PRIOR to taking delivery and the vehicle being reported sold, then the warranty SHOULD be a 3 year / 36k miles warranty since it was installed while the vehicle was still new.

I would think this would also apply to dealers having their car done prior to selling them.

Once the car has been sold and then you have this done the warranty on the parts installed is for 1 year / 12k miles.

The rest of the factory warranty should remain in effect on anything that does not pertain to the parts added.

This is my OPINION based on reading this stuff. I would want clarification from Ford, Ford Racing and SAI so there is no confusion on this.

Awesome info! thanks! Based on this i would agree with you that those of us who took possession prior to sending the car to SAI are only looking at 12mos warranty. But the truth is that it is not the simple bolt ons from Ford racing that i worry about as they are individually relatively inexpensive(except for the blower). My concern is the motor, heads including all valvetrain components and the t-56 tranny which could easily be excluded from all coverage due to power enhancing mods. Any repair over I think $3500 needs zone approval and the inspector comes down(I had it happen on my Cobra and they zapped the warranty)looking for reasons for part failure. If they point to the SAI upgrades, the vehicle owner has a problem. That being said I made the right choice at 725HP.

Based on the way I read the warranty the 12 month thing applies to the parts added on vehicles after they were sold.

If the parts are added PRIOR to being sold then the warranty is 3/36 (must be installed by an authorized Ford dealer or Shelby Autos)

I would not think this affects the normal factory powertrain as long as the problem is not related to any of the parts installed after the fact.

Now for those having their cars shipped to SAI by the dealers PRIOR to taking delivery and the vehicle being reported sold, then the warranty SHOULD be a 3 year / 36k miles warranty since it was installed while the vehicle was still new.

I would think this would also apply to dealers having their car done prior to selling them.

Once the car has been sold and then you have this done the warranty on the parts installed is for 1 year / 12k miles.

The rest of the factory warranty should remain in effect on anything that does not pertain to the parts added.

This is my OPINION based on reading this stuff. I would want clarification from Ford, Ford Racing and SAI so there is no confusion on this.

Awesome info! thanks! Based on this i would agree with you that those of us who took possession prior to sending the car to SAI are only looking at 12mos warranty. But the truth is that it is not the simple bolt ons from Ford racing that i worry about as they are individually relatively inexpensive(except for the blower). My concern is the motor, heads including all valvetrain components and the t-56 tranny which could easily be excluded from all coverage due to power enhancing mods. Any repair over I think $3500 needs zone approval and the inspector comes down(I had it happen on my Cobra and they zapped the warranty)looking for reasons for part failure. If they point to the SAI upgrades, the vehicle owner has a problem. That being said I made the right choice at 725HP.

That is the problem. They COULD void the warranty claiming it was from the added parts.

But my OPINION is this. Ford SELLS those parts. Ford even offers a WARRANTY on the parts in addition to the factory warranty. So based on that it would be wrong for Ford to void any warranty based on those parts being installed. After the 12 month/12k miles is up on the added parts, those parts are no longer covered, but the rest of the powertrain should still be covered regardless. To void the powertrain left by claiming the cause was related to any of the parts FORD sold and even issued a warranty on by basically saying, hey, it is SAFE to add these parts, then even if the problem was related it still should be covered.

Now maybe they will still cover it. I don't know. But if they want to get out of paying for anything they could probably use that as an out.

I would want confirmation on this first how they would handle it.

That is the problem. They COULD void the warranty claiming it was from the added parts.

But my OPINION is this. Ford SELLS those parts. Ford even offers a WARRANTY on the parts in addition to the factory warranty. So based on that it would be wrong for Ford to void any warranty based on those parts being installed. After the 12 month/12k miles is up on the added parts, those parts are no longer covered, but the rest of the powertrain should still be covered regardless. To void the powertrain left by claiming the cause was related to any of the parts FORD sold and even issued a warranty on by basically saying, hey, it is SAFE to add these parts, then even if the problem was related it still should be covered.

Now maybe they will still cover it. I don't know. But if they want to get out of paying for anything they could probably use that as an out.

I would want confirmation on this first how they would handle it.

Did you guys read this far down on what Shelbydude posted?

• The FR SuperPack 600 is warranted when installed on Shelby GT500's. * (See Foot Note # 1 below)

* Foot Note #1: The FR 400 HP SuperPack and FR SuperPack 600 Superchargers are warranted for 12 months/12,000 miles from the time of installation when installed by a Ford, Lincoln or Mercury Dealer or Shelby Automotive Inc. prior to the vehicle reaching either 36 months or 36,000 miles (whichever occur vehicle warranty start date and found to be defective in Factory-supplied material or workmanship. This warranty replaces the existing manufactures warranty for engine, driveline and suspension parts with a 12 month or 12,000 miles warranty.

Ford Racing total liability per qualified vehicle under this warranty is $8,000 (Aggregate). Each covered component has its own aggregate value which when combined equals $8,000 in total parts repairs. Under this warranty policy, Ford Racing retains the right to replace any failed components with remanufactured parts for the life of the policy.

The following warranty coverage by component is outlined below:

Engine Assembly Coverage

• Total liability for failed engine parts will be $5,000.00 Transmission Assembly Coverage

• Total liability for failed transmission parts will be $1,500.00 Rear Axle Assemblies Coverage

• Total liability for failed rear axle parts will be $1,500.00

The way I read it; they will all be 1 year/12k miles

:read:

To be able to void a factory warranty the dealer has to be able to prove that the modifications you performed was directly related to the cause of the failed part.

So yes a 2.8 Blower could be directly related to a Engine/Tranny/Axle problem. But if your Radio stops ejecting CD's that is not related in anyway so that will still retain the factory ford warranty. If you snap a axle or driveshaft then yes that could be related to the larger supercharger and chances are you will not be able to get that covered. Guys the GT500 Drivetrain is VERY strong, You should not have to worry about anything breaking unless you do something wrong (slicks, ect...)

Happy Turkey Day

Having had my warranty voided in the past I can tell you that if a warranty claim is in any way related to powertrain and there are mods that increase HP- you can pretty much kiss your warranty goodbye. The dealerships have been audited for excessive repair under warranty and are paid ntly for non warranty work.

725 HP is where I will start.

Slicks are.....wrong? :cry::baby:

:poke:

It will really come down to the dealership. Clutch and tranny are impacted by HP increases so you might give Ford an easy out with the upgrade. On the otherhand if it is a known issue, TSB or recall they will probably have good reson to handle it for you. Probably a good idea to document some drivetrain issues pre upgrade.

OK, so let me ask this: I get the SS 725 upgrade and put some miles on the car (under 2k now) and the clutch issue arises like I have seen in many posts here. Am I :censored: or am I OK because SAI didn't touch the clutch?

Steve

This is correct

Amy

OK, so let me ask this: I get the SS 725 upgrade and put some miles on the car (under 2k now) and the clutch issue arises like I have seen in many posts here. Am I :censored: or am I OK because SAI didn't touch the clutch?

Steve

:shrug:

Im not sure if this thread is getting more confusing or less :banghead:

I think this is the basics of what has been discussed.

If you get the 605 HP then you get a 1yr/12k warranty on the blower and parts that SAI puts on and power train warranty for other issues that arise i.e. an alternator failure (something that has nothing to due with the increased horsepower.) Your other warranty for radio body panels etc are not affected.

If you get the 700+ then you get no warranty on the parts SAI puts on (except from the manufacturer of that part whatever they might be). This then voids your power train warranty. However you do keep your vehicle warranty from Ford that you bought from Ford when the GT500 was first titled.

So if the clutch problem that some GT500's have had arises after the car is upgraded to 700+ then you are up :censored: creek?

If the warranty for the power train really is only extended for 1yr for the 605HP (most things will not fatigue that quickly) Then what is the point of getting it?

Im not sure if this thread is getting more confusing or less :banghead:

I think this is the basics of what has been discussed.

If you get the 605 HP then you get a 1yr/12k warranty on the blower and parts that SAI puts on and power train warranty for other issues that arise i.e. an alternator failure (something that has nothing to due with the increased horsepower.) Your other warranty for radio body panels etc are not affected.

If you get the 700+ then you get no warranty on the parts SAI puts on (except from the manufacturer of that part whatever they might be). This then voids your power train warranty. However you do keep your vehicle warranty from Ford that you bought from Ford when the GT500 was first titled.

So if the clutch problem that some GT500's have had arises after the car is upgraded to 700+ then you are up :censored: creek?

If the warranty for the power train really is only extended for 1yr for the 605HP (most things will not fatigue that quickly) Then what is the point of getting it?

Precisely. That being said my deposit is on 725 ponies. I think if the 605hp warranty was 36 mos some may have more reason to go that route.

I asked Amy on the ShelbyAutos forum and her response was: 725HP SS = NO warranty. 600HP SS = 1 yr warranty from SAI and Ford.

Having spent over $80k on a car and get no warranty does not excite me.

LuisA

we need them to OFFER a lifetime like chrysler LOL :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Archived