TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT is GREAT therapy!

07SHELBY GT

Well to start on a low note,Some things in my life are a little screwy right now,Wife related,But when I get In the Shelby and drive,All of the shit I'm dealing with just fades away!I feel like I'm 18 again,Listening to it rumble through the flowmasters as I run it up through the gears.It just makes me feel good at a time when I really need it!So to finish on a high note,The Shelby GT makes for some excellant therapy,I hope all of you feel as good as I do when you drive yours!

Yes, its definitely great for that, especially on a twisty road! I didn't manage to get out in mine for over a week now...I need to catch up during the holidays! :P

Sorry to hear about the issues, but I really do think, other than the HP hounds, most of us buy these cars as a mental escape. It is what it is, but it can be better with a nice toy! Hope things get better, but in the meanwhile, drive it like you stole it and relax! :happy feet: :headspin:

Well to start on a low note,Some things in my life are a little screwy right now,Wife related,But when I get In the Shelby and drive,All of the shit I'm dealing with just fades away!I feel like I'm 18 again,Listening to it rumble through the flowmasters as I run it up through the gears.It just makes me feel good at a time when I really need it!So to finish on a high note,The Shelby GT makes for some excellant therapy,I hope all of you feel as good as I do when you drive yours!

hope everything work out with the wife. been there done that. i agree a nice drive with some good souding exhaust can sometimes make the world right again.

michael morris

Life has it's ups and downs...........the key is not to lose it when your on the down swing, it will always swing up again and be better for you! Keep driving the car.......if it feels good, do it!

Yeah great therapy until some cop decides your session is over.1st speeding ticket in 28 f---ing years.

Couldn't agree with you more. Every weekend I start my day by heading for breakfast...just me and the sports section in my black SGT. I installed Bassani race mufflers, and as they rumble I just feel free and young again. Good luck to you on the other issues.

At 37 years old in the midst of chaos I watch a lot of my hard earned gains disappear,Some to help out with keeping others,Some just gone for good.I unfortunately am faced with a task,To make the wiser decision of selling my Shelby GT,And keeping my 06 Impala SS,Which is cheaper to finish purchasing and infinitelty more useful and comfortable.Or unload the Impala and keep my Shelby,Which has been a source of releif like no other during this time,But is virtually without merit as an only car other than I'm sure a lot happier when I'm behind the wheel.So do I choose sanity and relief,Including higher payoff or the wiser decision and comfort.This is one of the toughest decisions I have ever had to make as things will get better finanacially either way,Difference in the payments between the two are almost negligible.But as a real car guy,My only real hobby,I wonder how long it will take before I am able to purchase another car that makes my ride to and from work as pleasurable.Some have told me that I'm hung up on material things,My Shelby is about it as far as that is concerned.I think I may be rambling at this point so in writing this I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm still as confused as I was when I started.So I guess it boils down to sanity and happiness for now,Or what I've been told is the mature decision,BTW I'm leaning towards keeping the Shelby and my hunk of crap Festiva 40MPG bad weather car.Please note everything is fine, But I hope a conclusion is reached quickly,as things are moving fast and I don't want to make the wrong decision,Because when it's done,It's done for a while.This really sucks!!!Thank God music is cheap,Nobody is getting my Hendrix collection!

You can always buy the car again...the car is for enjoyment in your life not as a substitute for your life. In other words focus on the important sensible things and eventually the rest will come. IMHO!

Good luck either way!

Appreciate it,Unfotunately I think the wiser decision will prevail,I know I can always get another one down the road when the time is right,It's just a little tough parting with some of the things that really bring you happiness,Oh well.

Appreciate it,Unfotunately I think the wiser decision will prevail,I know I can always get another one down the road when the time is right,It's just a little tough parting with some of the things that really bring you happiness,Oh well.

Having gone through this once before, I can only give two pieces of advice. First, things will eventually get better. Second, if you have to choose between two cars and the price difference is negligible, KEEP THE SHELBY! Trust me, you'll thank me later.

I got rid of some of my prized possesions the first time I went through this very thing thinking I can always buy new ones down the road. Big mistake. I still regret selling some of those things to this day.

Anyways, I hope things get better for you and have a safe and happy holidays.

Hang in there brother, I went thur hell 3 yrs ago and lost everything to the ex, House, 70 plymouth roadrunner w/ hemi, 67 500, But I got the kids and thats all I wanted, I started with nothing and I can buy it all back, first the GT shelby and next a 08 GT500, Good luck and keep yer head up

Had to sell my Baby Shelby this past winter 07' for the same reason. One of the first in Canada and I'd been waiting for it since March 05'. Felt that life was over at the time..... Not anymore! :)

After some time healing you'll see things that you were blind to before..... and realize that things do happen for a reason. Life goes on and on and on... and things get better and better and better!! Even if you have 3 Kids as I do! By far not something I'd want to live through again... but, it is a Shitty learning experience that makes you a better person after you get back on your feet.

Good Luck and Hang in there Man!

Thanks everyone,For now I'll have to live my Shelby dream vicariously through all of you.I came from nothing and I'll get it back in motion soon!That's always the best thing about my passion for all things automotive,It gave me the drive to suceed in building transmissions,And my small amount of knowledge made it easy to grow with a passion.Off topic but I was grabbed by a Black 68 Dodge Charger at age three,Still remember running my fingers over the body and admiring the whole look and feel of the car,The gas cap on the top of the quarter panel,The hideaway lights,I was smitten as that was what my first car was,I'm a car nut so that's what made the sale of this one so hard,Not just a possesion but a passion for the expierience.But I've been down so I'll rise to the occasion,I think my son finally realized how much I loved the car,Unfortunately he was there when it left.I think he fully understands passion now and no matter what he does in life I hope he carries the same passion as I do to succeed in a reasonable manner!

Archived