TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New to the game

rpenna

Hey guys,

First post but I've been lurking for awhile.

My wife and I are contemplating ordering a Mustang. We want a convertible with a stick, which seems to be scarce around here. But, we live in upstate NY and the car will only be driven in the spring / summer months. Anyone have any info on the lead time for 07 orders? I don't want to even bother this year if we won't get the car till September. Also, has anyone seen any pictures of the new Alloy Metallic colors?

Finally, down the road I'm looking at the possibility of a Kenne Bell supercharger. I'd be interested in anyone's experiences with their dealer service departments if they needed warranty work on a modified vehicle. I owned a "moderately" modified Wrangler in the past and never had any problems with my old dealer, but obviously that will vary from shop to shop. Thanks for any info.

You probably need to check with the dealer you will be ordering from regarding getting an 07 before Sept. That may be cutting it close. You might have him try to locate an 06 in your area.

check out the color buyers guide to the left of these posts. Also, the collection of videos and pictures on this site are awesome. I attached two pictures of an alloy convertible like the one i ordered. Hope this helps.

post-4943-1148668763_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148668784_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148668763_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148668784_thumb.jpg

check out the color buyers guide to the left of these posts. Also, the collection of videos and pictures on this site are awesome. I attached two pictures of an alloy convertible like the one i ordered. Hope this helps.

Ah, thanks. You know, I've look at that page probably 50 times, but never at the caption. I always thought it was straight black.

My salesguy is off till Tuesday, guess I have to wait a little longer on that build date estimation.

Ah, thanks. You know, I've look at that page probably 50 times, but never at the caption. I always thought it was straight black.

My salesguy is off till Tuesday, guess I have to wait a little longer on that build date estimation.

So I talked to him today, and he says he can't get me one till fall? Is the lead time on a Mustang order really 4 months? That's a little rediculous. Any of the sales folk that browse the boards have any additional info for me before I try calling another shop?

So I talked to him today, and he says he can't get me one till fall? Is the lead time on a Mustang order really 4 months? That's a little rediculous. Any of the sales folk that browse the boards have any additional info for me before I try calling another shop?

Unless your commodities are our of whack, normal production in our region is 10 weeks or so. We lose 2 weeks in July due to the plant being closed. Also manual transmissions are short supply on GT's which will lengthen the timeframe.

Unless your commodities are our of whack, normal production in our region is 10 weeks or so. We lose 2 weeks in July due to the plant being closed. Also manual transmissions are short supply on GT's which will lengthen the timeframe.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking for a manual GT so that's probably the issue.

I guess I'll just keep checking the lots for one that fits my specs or hold off till January. Bummer. I need instant gratification before the common sense of buying a 3rd car that will be driven 3 months out of the year kicks in.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking for a manual GT so that's probably the issue.

I guess I'll just keep checking the lots for one that fits my specs or hold off till January. Bummer. I need instant gratification before the common sense of buying a 3rd car that will be driven 3 months out of the year kicks in.

What area of the country are you in? Maybe you already said but I didnt see. The car dealers in this area have hords of GT Mustangs with sticks. I know some personally that will cut you all kinds of good deals.

What area of the country are you in? Maybe you already said but I didnt see. The car dealers in this area have hords of GT Mustangs with sticks. I know some personally that will cut you all kinds of good deals.

I'm in Rochester, NY. There is a large volume dealer about an hour and a half from me that has a bunch of GT verts with sticks, but that's a little too far of a haul for me. Out of the 6 local shops that I called and checked their inventory online, I've found 1, but it's black and I'm not interested in that.

I'm in Rochester, NY. There is a large volume dealer about an hour and a half from me that has a bunch of GT verts with sticks, but that's a little too far of a haul for me. Out of the 6 local shops that I called and checked their inventory online, I've found 1, but it's black and I'm not interested in that.

You are a clip away from Indianapolis. My guys here can always ship you one out that way if you want. Just let me know what color and goodies you want with it.

You are a clip away from Indianapolis. My guys here can always ship you one out that way if you want. Just let me know what color and goodies you want with it.

Wow that's a great offer thank you. My salesperson called me back yesterday, his manager had spoken with the ford rep and they found they were getting an increased allocation of stangs. I think I'm going to place an order and hope for the best.

Worst case, I can play with it for a month before it snows and they start salting. That also will give me a month to break it in then 5 months to rip it apart and throw new stuff on while it's in the garage. :)

Wow that's a great offer thank you. My salesperson called me back yesterday, his manager had spoken with the ford rep and they found they were getting an increased allocation of stangs. I think I'm going to place an order and hope for the best.

Worst case, I can play with it for a month before it snows and they start salting. That also will give me a month to break it in then 5 months to rip it apart and throw new stuff on while it's in the garage. :)

I *think* you might have a pretty good shot at getting a stock order reconfigured- guessing with 07 gt's at 60-some percent, and that its 2 years out already should FINALLY start seeing them on the lots this year- Personally I wish everyone had one- these cars are fun with a capital F. If you should have any difficulties at all, email Carlos Medina in Daytona, cmedina@garyyeomansford.com (I think thats it) they sell so many freaking mustangs it aint even funny. I was in florida last december(of course my car came in- in ohio) and he had like 20 gts sitting there on the lot- at that time regional had said entire pittsburgh district was only getting 6 per week. I can(and have) ranted for hours about ford southern peach allocation system- it sucks for those of us up north. buy a plane ticket down, drive it home- we was guaranteeing under 10 weeks last year even, some as short as 4 weeks from order to home. I had spoke with him thru forums, almost ordered thru him(shoulda) and stopped in to meet him while we were there on vacation to say thanks for offering to help(had regional not gotten me a priority 1 replacement for the carhauler damaged unit I woulda- he was ready to help at a better price even) and was simply shocked to see that many mustang gt's in one place...good luck- you wont regret it

Well it's ordered.

07 Vert GT Vista Blue, light graphite interior with IUP.

Manual tranny, 3.55 limited slip, convertible boot, anti theft, 18" polished aluminum rims. Chrome exhaust tips was an $87 dealer install option and on the 07's you can opt for a cloth top instead of vinyl so I got that as well. Total before tax $32,107.58.

Now comes the waiting game. Thanks for all the help guys!

Well it's ordered.

07 Vert GT Vista Blue, light graphite interior with IUP.

Manual tranny, 3.55 limited slip, convertible boot, anti theft, 18" polished aluminum rims. Chrome exhaust tips was an $87 dealer install option and on the 07's you can opt for a cloth top instead of vinyl so I got that as well. Total before tax $32,107.58.

Now comes the waiting game. Thanks for all the help guys!

Sounds nice......I ordered a Vista Blue Premium GT Coupe. Great color choice!

Chip in SC

congrats rpenna!

Ive had my Vistablue hardtop (got a thing for fastback rooflines) since december, lovin every minute of it since- I saw a vista with the light interior/polished 18's in florida a couple days before mine came in- with kids the light interior scared me a bit, but man is that sharp. f mine hadnt came in at home I just mighta driven that one home from Florida.

the sticks a blast too- almost every corner I'll short shift a little quick to get that little chirp- just off idle it sounds neat, the kids giggle every time we go for a ride. when engines cold if you lift throttle after pulling out(like first stopsign) it will burble and backfire a little...such cool noises from such a small motor, still cannot believe the job ford did on these cars.

congrats rpenna!

Ive had my Vistablue hardtop (got a thing for fastback rooflines) since december, lovin every minute of it since- I saw a vista with the light interior/polished 18's in florida a couple days before mine came in- with kids the light interior scared me a bit, but man is that sharp. f mine hadnt came in at home I just mighta driven that one home from Florida.

the sticks a blast too- almost every corner I'll short shift a little quick to get that little chirp- just off idle it sounds neat, the kids giggle every time we go for a ride. when engines cold if you lift throttle after pulling out(like first stopsign) it will burble and backfire a little...such cool noises from such a small motor, still cannot believe the job ford did on these cars.

A year ago yesterday, my wife and I had our baby daughter. I had a Wrangler at the time, and loved it. However it was lifted 4" and getting the baby in and out of the carseat was tough in summer and would have been borderline dangerous in the winter. So, I traded it in on an Infiniti FX35. Love the FX, but I miss the convertible.

I also have a Harley, which is seeing extremely limited (read: zero) use since the baby. I work from home, so I have no opportunity to ride to work anymore, and my wife hasn't opened up to the idea of just leaving the baby alone while we go out riding. :)

So, I'm hoping the stang will give us a little top down fun as a family. We took our daughter for a test drive yesterday (her 1st bday) with the top down, and even at 55mph, she seemed to enjoy it.

The dealer had no manual trannys, and while the auto was fun, I think the stick will take it to the next level. Sure wish my dad had bought me a sportscar for MY 1st birthday, hehe.

Archived