TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAAC

ilmor

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If its come this far, it is already ugly. Hopefully, they can find a way to work it out to the benefit of all parties involved.

If its come this far, it is already ugly. Hopefully, they can find a way to work it out to the benefit of all parties involved.

I support Carroll Shelby. He's the one with the reputation, done the work, taken all the chances and made his own career. SAAC has in the past done good for old shelby car owners. Why they would sue Shelby just shows me its more than a club. It's a business, and they make money off Shelby.

Just my 2 cents

I don't know the facts of the case, however I suspect that SAAC is the defendant in this matter, not the other way around. Also, SAAC has apparently done a tremendous amount of work over the years to support the Shelby name in various ways when Shelby himself was not doing so. It will be interesting to see where this ends up. Again, hopefully it will benefit both parties.

I don't know the facts of the case, however I suspect that SAAC is the defendant in this matter, not the other way around. Also, SAAC has apparently done a tremendous amount of work over the years to support the Shelby name in various ways when Shelby himself was not doing so. It will be interesting to see where this ends up. Again, hopefully it will benefit both parties.

Yea, already knew about this 'got your facts straight Coldwater', and its seems sad that after all SAAC has done to be treated like this is wrong! I would support both clubs, but this 'Team Shelby is the only club offically recognized' by Shelby is very ridiculous! :redcard:

Yea, already knew about this 'got your facts straight Coldwater', and its seems sad that after all SAAC has done to be treated like this is wrong! I would support both clubs, but this 'Team Shelby is the only club offically recognized' by Shelby is very ridiculous! :redcard:

Well I'll shut up now :dog:

I have been a SAAC member for about eight years and currently belong to SAAC and Team Shelby. SAAC personally helped me restore a 67 GT500 by providing answers to every question I could come up with. Bob Gains was unbelievably helpful. I got a chance to go to SAAC 31 at VIR and we had a very good time.

We don’t know what happened between Carroll and SAAC because we don’t know if Carroll had been asking SAAC to be more inclusive or maybe other changes Carroll wanted over the years just did not happen. We can’t guess what went on during private discussions.

My two cents is that I hope both clubs coexist or if eventually both groups end up in one club; everyone just has a good time and enjoys these awesome cars. For me Carroll’s legendary role in bringing Ford to the top in racing is absolutely fantastic. Remember only after failing to buy Ferrari did Ford accept Carroll’s leadership with a racing program the produced 66 and 67 Lemans victories.

I have been a SAAC member for about eight years and currently belong to SAAC and Team Shelby. SAAC personally helped me restore a 67 GT500 by providing answers to every question I could come up with. Bob Gains was unbelievably helpful. I got a chance to go to SAAC 31 at VIR and we had a very good time.

We don’t know what happened between Carroll and SAAC because we don’t know if Carroll had been asking SAAC to be more inclusive or maybe other changes Carroll wanted over the years just did not happen. We can’t guess what went on during private discussions.

My two cents is that I hope both clubs coexist or if eventually both groups end up in one club; everyone just has a good time and enjoys these awesome cars. For me Carroll’s legendary role in bringing Ford to the top in racing is absolutely fantastic. Remember only after failing to buy Ferrari did Ford accept Carroll’s leadership with a racing program the produced 66 and 67 Lemans victories.

They might have help you with your 67 GT500, but they are useless club for the NEW Shelby's. I only have been a member for a year and WILL NOT renew my membership with them. I sent so many emails to them AND THEY NEVER ANSWERED ME. I agree with SLB8SNK they are a stupid club!

They might have help you with your 67 GT500, but they are useless club for the NEW Shelby's. I only have been a member for a year and WILL NOT renew my membership with them. I sent so many emails to them AND THEY NEVER ANSWERED ME. I agree with SLB8SNK they are a stupid club!

Well my point really was, if they were indeed a special car club, and they had a purpose (even among themselves) and they think that because MR. Shelby is not involved, they have issues with it, and it will effect their club, then they are a stupid club! A clubs value is it's members, not it's web page or forum. If they truly have issues, and need to involve lawyers.... well just stupid! If this forum changes, and Mr. Shelby leaves us, I will more than likely still appreciate it, as I come for the members and their input and knowledge. That is the club. It is like I tell people in the M&A world (Mergers and Acquisitions), you are not buying a company, or a name, you are buying the people.... OK, off my soap box...

Not that anyone asked for my 2 cents.....but perhaps jealousy has to do with it. I am a member of SAAC, Team Shelby and MCA and each club has its own agenda. Over the past years, I have not seen Carroll Shelby at any of the SAAC or MCA events, both which are Shelby and Mustang clubs. Team Shelby offers Shelby lovers the opportunity to interact with Shelby folks to get the answer and help they want directly from the source. It is the source that is the legend and as such, Carroll Shelby has the right to choose who will be recognized or not! It is his name and his legend!

As an individual, MCA Regional Director and car club Vice President, I will continue to support and follow Carroll Shelby wherever he chooses to lead us as hobbyist! If it is Team Shelby, then so be it!

Not that anyone asked for my 2 cents.....but perhaps jealousy has to do with it. I am a member of SAAC, Team Shelby and MCA and each club has its own agenda. Over the past years, I have not seen Carroll Shelby at any of the SAAC or MCA events, both which are Shelby and Mustang clubs. Team Shelby offers Shelby lovers the opportunity to interact with Shelby folks to get the answer and help they want directly from the source. It is the source that is the legend and as such, Carroll Shelby has the right to choose who will be recognized or not! It is his name and his legend!

As an individual, MCA Regional Director and car club Vice President, I will continue to support and follow Carroll Shelby wherever he chooses to lead us as hobbyist! If it is Team Shelby, then so be it!

Nice post Neil ~ +1 :snake:

Although this action against SAAC may not be directly related to this incident, the situtation reported in the articial link below is a very compelling reason for Carroll's desire to regain control of his name and likeness across the board. Unique Performance is done, and I wouldn't be surprised if Dennis Hasty ends up in jail because of it's demise. It looks like some shady stuff might have happened there, and that's the last thing that any of Carroll's corporations need to be assocated with even if it was just on the licensing side of the business. Other than licensing, Carroll never had any hand in that business, but people only read and hear what they want, especally angry people with laywers who seek out the deepest pockets in any tort in order to have the best chance of recoving funds for their clients and of course their own pockets. They may not have a case against him, but they will drag his name through the mud attempting to suck him into the fray anyway.

http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_story_309192500.html

Well my point really was, if they were indeed a special car club, and they had a purpose (even among themselves) and they think that because MR. Shelby is not involved, they have issues with it, and it will effect their club, then they are a stupid club! A clubs value is it's members, not it's web page or forum. If they truly have issues, and need to involve lawyers.... well just stupid! If this forum changes, and Mr. Shelby leaves us, I will more than likely still appreciate it, as I come for the members and their input and knowledge. That is the club. It is like I tell people in the M&A world (Mergers and Acquisitions), you are not buying a company, or a name, you are buying the people.... OK, off my soap box...

Yes, go play as you are just digging a deeper hole. :finger:

Although this action against SAAC may not be directly related to this incident, the situtation reported in the articial link below is a very compelling reason for Carroll's desire to regain control of his name and likeness across the board. Unique Performance is done, and I wouldn't be surprised if Dennis Hasty ends up in jail because of it's demise. It looks like some shady stuff might have happened there, and that's the last thing that any of Carroll's corporations need to be assocated with even if it was just on the licensing side of the business. Other than licensing, Carroll never had any hand in that business, but people only read and hear what they want, especally angry people with laywers who seek out the deepest pockets in any tort in order to have the best chance of recoving funds for their clients and of course their own pockets. They may not have a case against him, but they will drag his name through the mud attempting to suck him into the fray anyway.

http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_story_309192500.html

What???? DO NOT compare SAAC to Unique Performance! Not even remotely comparable. There is plenty of room for both clubs to coexist as I still see SAAC catering to the vintage Shelby's and Team Shelby for the new ones. I have a 69 GT350 as well as an 2008 Shelby GT being built and would plan to attend both clubs events, but I can surely understand why SAAC is upset with this 'Team Shelby being the only recognized club' nonsense especially after 30 plus years!

is it possible that saac dug their own hole on this?

out of all of the shows, cruises etc that I have been to, it is only the hard core older shelby and mustang guys and clubs that have made me feel unwelcome. If SAAC has taken the same stance, then it is easy to see why cs is starting up with a new organization.

Well, my $.02...

I was a member of SAAC for a few years, a few years ago. I attended a few of their get togethers. I wasn't too impressed and am glad Mr. Shelby decided to start his own club.

post-8268-1195430965_thumb.jpg

OMG!

NICE DOG!

Hum... after several posts defending SAAC, this? Sure hope your not a defense lawyer! :hysterical:

Hum.....you did have a question mark at the end of your remark, so I gave you an answer. What ever you decide good luck I'm sure it will work out for you. Speaking for myself I'm done with them :rip:

Archived