TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How About Some Pics Of Lowered GT500

gsharapa

I know there has been numerious posts on lowering the cars but I haven't seen a lot of the pics. For those that lowered your GT500 and still have stock wheels and tires could you post a pic of your car and what lowering springs you used? Front and rear or just rear. Thanks in advance as I'm ready to do this!

No pics available but I did the following:

Tokico D Spec Adjustables and Steeda Springs

Pan Hard Bar and Pan Hard Bar Brace.

20 Laps at Sebring HARD driving, 2.45 lap times, tires were not even feathered. Looked like I had been driving on the street.

Street is great and ride is awesome. Highly recommend this set up. You cannot go wrong.

I know there has been numerious posts on lowering the cars but I haven't seen a lot of the pics. For those that lowered your GT500 and still have stock wheels and tires could you post a pic of your car and what lowering springs you used? Front and rear or just rear. Thanks in advance as I'm ready to do this!

Ground Control adjustable (height and firmness) struts; GC adjustable rear spring pirches; Eibach springs (440#'s front/250#'s rear); Koni adjustable rear shocks; 19" CCW's (9.5" front/11" rear); Michelin PS2 rubber (265/35 front - 295/30 rear)

8algtj5.jpg

are you happy with those ccw's i was thinking about getting those!

are you happy with those ccw's i was thinking about getting those!

Yes, very happy. CCW was great to work with, Chip and John are good guys even if they're Chevy guys...

I called CCW on a Saturday and got John on his cell phone, he was out on a boat fishing with his buddies and picked up...I had some questions about tire size and we talked for a couple of minutes.

They were able to cut the center holes to fit the stock SVT center caps, mine were the first they had done this on (so they told me); they stick out just a little (about 3/32") so they are raised off the face slightly, I actually like them raised slightly but on the stock GT500 wheels the center caps sit flush with the face of the wheels. They said they can make them flush if you want them that way, they just didn't know that the stock center caps sit flush on the stock wheels and machined mine to stick out slightly.

If you can afford the CCW's they are a great way to go IMO, they're a world of difference compared to the "off-the-shelf" crap wheels that are mostly coming from China these days.

WP

Archived