TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally a forum where the Continuation series won't get knocked by the CSX "have nots"

CSX4206

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said 'some' right in this thread, but that is a thought Bucko. While I prefer the connection of the 4000 to Shelby, I also appreciate the fact that them Factory Five guys are actually driving them on the track. I have only seen a handful of 4000 owners do that in all my days.

Not too many others run them 4000s hard.

The majority of FFR's are not run hard either.

The pedigree of the 4000 may not be the most important reason for buying a 4000 for some 4000 owners, although obviously, it is a benefit. It appears to me that it may be the main reason for you if you were to go that route, which is fine as well.

I said 'some' right in this thread, but that is a thought Bucko. While I prefer the connection of the 4000 to Shelby, I also appreciate the fact that them Factory Five guys are actually driving them on the track. I have only seen a handful of 4000 owners do that in all my days.

We had a dealer down here in NC, Nostalgia Motor Cars, Jim Harrell. He was one of the few that ran them hard, built himself some nice 4000 & 7000s and ran them on the track in the spec series, prolly 5 - 6 years ago, he was a hell of a driver. Tried to keep up with him on track at VIR with a 66 racer.

Not too many others run them 4000s hard.

That is the man / dealer that I got my car from. I was sorry that he got out of the business. While I probably do not run mine as hard as some, I do likes to get on the track :D I do run hard enough to break stuff on occasion!!

I was sorry that the CSX spec series never really got off the ground. I assume it was related to the long lead times early on as well as the cost of the cars when compared to FF.

Anyway, Jim had some really nice track Cobras.

07 Shelby and Grabber

Assolutely respect your role as moderators, and I would not presume to tell you what to do, but I will offer you some suggestions as your previously dedicated Mustang site ventures into the larger world of all things Shelby, and hopefully brings in folks who have spent time in many other forums. Now, you can take these suggestions as they are intended, or you can simply ignore them...that choice is yours, but if you take affront to them even being offered in the first place, then you have misunderstood what is intended.

Modifying a person's post is way beyond any minimal standard of decorum anywhere in the automotive forum community...just plain bad manners when the intent should be to set an example. Deleting obscene or defaming language, or even names or personal information, is certainly well within a moderator's perogative...but changing a person's commentary because you disagree with it...sorry, but that's unethical. Folks that know me from other forums know I go much further...I don't like people who change their own posts after they have been responded to.

The point is...if you feel something has gone beyond the limits of decorum...delete the dam post, don't modify it to your liking.

Troublesome kids in your midst? Well, when you push them over the top with over zealous moderating tactics in public, you can certainly expect backlash. Knowing that, I sometimes do that on purpose just to draw the morons out, but that's when all else is lost...certainly well beyond bantor amongst friends, which is what this thread has generally been. Warnings, even suspensions (as in the workplace) can go a long way towards bringing folks into line.

Banning folks, asspecially those who have been involved in the discussion of modern Cobras for years (one might honor the chicken or the egg, but it is open to question whether there would've been modern Shelby Mustangs had CS not gotten back into the game with the 4000s), is bad juju when a community is being invited to participate in a new forum and move forward. As to the person in question, Allan, CWorks and I have had to run herd on him as well as others on this thread for years...and while they like to run in short spurts every now and then, they all still generally move in the same direction to the next rise on the range. The level of intelligence may be lost to you given the familarity in the posts.

Using your approach, had Amy posted what she did earlier in this thread at another forum most of us here frequent, there would have been a substantial rewrite because many highly educated and informed folks in the industry that have been around for decades and who are not confined by corporate or legal necessities, would disagree with her historical commentary. Point is: We wouldn't rewrite it...it would simply be unethical to do so.

Nobody has a problem with you folks having your own standards here...but be aware in your initial stages of developing a community engulfing folks from other forums, that your are going to be dealing with folks who have history between them that is far older than this site, just like folks coming in need to know you have all been here for awhile before the doors got opened up. One thing about this group of Cobra folks...we will go back to back in a street brawl with anyone. And that includes the Evans, Allans, Rogers, JohnnyMacs, Jamos, Computerworks, Sals and everyone else that can run through a toploader and listen to carbs sucking air through a scoop instead of through something called a throttle body.

Kick one of us off...you might as well kick us all off. We'll deal with the discussion which ensues at another place and see what develops. I've copied this little post, just in case it might get rewritten or mistakenly be deleted...

Personally, I kinda like what you have going here, and I think we can follow your softer level of discussion...that can be a good thing. But if you want that, you might want to consider mending some fences so the herd won't run wild.

With respect, Jamo B)

Jamo,

I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from. I am really hoping that this thread can run on it's own and that the level of attention to it by the moderators can mellow out. But when members and staff are hitting the report button every other day because of disrespect and ugly words towards one another it makes it tough for that to happen.

Merry Chrismas to you all. My wife is baking a bunch of cookies and candy so that's my focus this afternoon. :happy feet:

You guys have a great Christmas, you hear! :)

Grabber

Thanks for understanding it in the light in which it was intended.

Happy Holidays and stay safe. :)

CW sent me a PM that cleared up some things too. I have shared that with the other mods.

I think we are on the right track here. :)

Jamo,

I have read your post and I respect what you have to say.It is unfortunate what has happened.I will take full blame/credit for what I have done but it had to stop.I hope to leave it at that.I really do enjoy learning and I am not above reproach and maybe we can all learn from this...............Merry Christmas To All.........................FRED..................................

Davy,

While the Factory Five ain't my cup of tea, their spec series thrives, where as the Shelby series died a horrible death. It may exist on a small scale in the west, but it never caught fire on a national scale.

Quillen,

Jim Harrell was a great man, shame his wife died and he got out of it all. I was at an event at VIR where both Shelby and Superformance were hosting an event and they let a handful of us good old boys come and play with them. I gotta say, he drove the pants off the Shelby Cobras. I really respect him for that.

I am glad to see that you track your Cobra when possible. It ain't an easy car to track (I've done it), but I think, since it is such a primitive car mechanically, the enjoyment factor increases 10 times.

Edit By Grabber: Lets not egg anything on.

In plain terms 07 Shelby threw out the "B" word. ( ban.gif)

southpark.gif

Aaahh, I come back from dinner to find out you kids have worked it all out......Great !

That relieves me of having to chew someone's butt regarding this glacticlly stupid reference to the "B word" used in a disciplinary context

for sending a note to Jamo advising him of a "moderator being moderated".

Whew, that could have been uncomfortable. :P

BTW: You have mentioned this is a family site, "threatening posts will not be allowed" type thing. If this is true, you may want to discontinue use of the angry cop and the nightstick, kids may not understand. (unless it's Crilly)

All,

Have a wonderful Christmas.

Best regards,

Bret A Ewing

Edited for grammar. (my grammar sucks).

Davy: Good posts. I agree with all especially your observations and statements as to Mr. Parnelli.

3212: Punked or not, like I care..... I stand by what I said. Read it again, maybe you'll understand.

While I don't agree with editing posts I do agree with Moderators making short work of people that want to come into Team Shelbys house where owners are supposed enjoy comaradee' amoung other owners of Shelby autos and enjoy discussions related to Shelby autos, Cobras etc..and put the cars down either directly or with their usual backhanded descriptions.

For all those individuals that want to come here and crap the place up by knocking the CSX Continuation series, its pedigree as a genuine Cobra or any other Shelby auto, and making statements clearly contrary to the SA position as to pedigree and genuiness of their products whether those guys own Shelbys or not, I agree that they should be shown the door quickly. Guys like that, and they know who they are, can go back to their own little website and knock Shelby American, the Continuatin series and anything else they want. Just don't do it here. They can get lost. I fully support the moderators in those efforts and they need to be diligent because if you give those guys and inch they'll take a mile. Get rid of them quickly.

Hope to see you at the SAAC convention. Should I be looking for you in the Show and Shine area?

From the SAAC forum quote from Rick Kopec

"We decided to split the show into two separate shows. The “Hi-Performance Motors” show was intended to showcase Cobras, Shelbys, Bosses and Tigers as they might have been on the dealer’s lot a year or so after they were originally sold. Not a concours because we already have one of those, but something for cars, which are essentially, stock but with parts which were available at the time they were new. Parts, which might not have come with that particular car; things like a Paxton supercharger, Weber carburetors or a roll bar. Things which would keep them out of the concours but not push them into the category of restomod or radical custom. And like a dealer’s lot, they wouldn’t be parked by year or model but as they pulled in. So you could walk along and be pleasantly surprised by the next car you happened upon.

If a car didn’t fit into the H-P Motors show, it was at home in the “Shine ‘N Show.” This was where everything else parked. Again, in no particular order: a replica Cobra next to a Thunderbolt; a Saleen Mustang next to an ’07 GT500; a CSX4000 next to a ’03 Mustang GT."

--, and I would not presume to tell you what to do, but I will offer you some suggestions

--

Modifying a person's post is way beyond any minimal standard of decorum anywhere in the automotive forum community...just plain bad manners when the intent should be to set an example. Deleting obscene or defaming language, or even names or personal information, is certainly well within a moderator's perogative...but changing a person's commentary because you disagree with it...sorry, but that's unethical.

-

The point is...if you feel something has gone beyond the limits of decorum...delete the dam post, don't modify it to your liking.

Nobody has a problem with you folks having your own standards here...

--

Kick one of us off...you might as well kick us all off.

With respect, Jamo B)

I don't know, but I thought this was a "private" site, that is payed for by an individual(s) or private enterprise, and not the general public. Apparently people do have an issue with what the moderators are doing. I would say that the moderators can do anything they want to do, to anybody on this site. Ethics are not even an issue here. It's their site to do what they believe is appropriate, not what is ethical? I don't think anybody is forced to post on this site.

This is no different than what goes on every day in business. There are no ethics.

I say kick'em all off. :hysterical:

There are no ethics.

Of course there are...this is supposed to be a community of like-minded friends.

Lay off the moderators until you've walked a mile in their boots.... it's a tough line to walk and, although every decision may not be the right one, you know they have the best interest of the site at heart.

Evan..I think you have made your point...now, let's move to a different aspect of your car instead, OK?

You go first.

oh...BTW...everyone have a great Holiday and enjoy the real, REAL stuff....family, friends and cars. :-)

Of course there are...this is supposed to be a community of like-minded friends.

Lay off the moderators until you've walked a mile in their boots.... it's a tough line to walk and, although every decision may not be the right one, you know they have the best interest of the site at heart.

Let me refrase, as it apeared to me you quite didn't understand what I was trying to say.

First of all, I personally think the moderators are doing a fine job. I was not critiqueing? their role, only guests who were responding.

Second, I don't think it matters what you or I think is ethical, it is what the people in charge believe to be ethical, and they have the right to, since it is their site, not yours or mine. They have to do what they believe to be right, for whatever reason they choose. And I'm not trying to defend them/anybody, as I am sure they are capable of that themselves.

thirdly, I don't want to be in their shoes. Anyways, I don't think I would be as forgiving as them.

And fourthly, to be politically correct, based upon one's belief's and not to offend anybody, everybody have a great holiday season.

Let me refrase, as it apeared to me you quite didn't understand what I was trying to say.

First of all, I personally think the moderators are doing a fine job. I was not critiqueing? their role, only guests who were responding.

Second, I don't think it matters what you or I think is ethical, it is what the people in charge believe to be ethical, and they have the right to, since it is their site, not yours or mine. They have to do what they believe to be right, for whatever reason they choose. And I'm not trying to defend them/anybody, as I am sure they are capable of that themselves.

thirdly, I don't want to be in their shoes. Anyways, I don't think I would be as forgiving as them.

And fourthly, to be politically correct, based upon one's belief's and not to offend anybody, everybody have a great holiday season.

Well Davy, you might want to pay more attention to reading. My suggestions were directed to experienced moderators from the position of being an experienced moderator. In other words, we walk in the same shoes. I respected their situation and offered a fresh look, as I would invite them to do for me at a site where CWorks and I moderate with nearly 20,000 members, 50,000 threads, 500,000 posts and dozens of sub-forums bigger than most sites.

Seems that when all you have to offer is to say you don't want to be in their shoes is to find yourself barefoot.

Now, let's be real clear, the discussion was past, and folks were moving on quite nicely. You chose to make some remarks about another member's post (mine) when the moderators made it overwhelmingly clear that they wanted theings to move forward.

Seems to me you are not following their direction at this point.

You commented on my post, and I've now responded. You would do well to leave it at that.

Grabber

Went back and linked full-sized ones.

2005 C6 Vette...daily driver. I drive all over California representing growers, so it sees duty monthly on coastal routes, the wine country, deserts, etc. It's turned out to be a great business coupe. ;)

The Cobra was built in 2003...Kirkham with a Shelby aluminum 427 stroked to 482ci/toploader. Driven everywhere, most recently over 10,000 foot passes in the Sierras, as well as on the track at SAAC (Fontana) and the Western States Cobra Bash (Fernley) as well as at Buttonwillow, Willow Springs. Not babied.

The backdrop is coming out of Kings Canyon onto the Valley floor during an early November dusk. About 10 miles from home, so running into the canyon after work is a nice way to end the day.

Archived