TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally a forum where the Continuation series won't get knocked by the CSX "have nots"

CSX4206

Long time coming. Finally,..a forum where the Continuation seires won't get knocked by those who don't have one simply out of sour grapes.

In short, my thoughts are that you should respect the cars other guys have and don't say things about their cars you wouldn't say in person.

Hopefully, other CSX owners will join this forum also and not stay exclusively over at Club Cobra.

Finally! :happy feet:

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I would expect any CSX/Shelby "have nots" that would carry that sour grapes garbage from over there to here would probably not be very welcome here. They have there own sites to knock the Shelby all they want and make themselves feel better. Doubt that would carry over well around here very long. I imagine there would be plenty of others besides me piling on. :superhero:

I can't believe some of the Mustang crowd is that clueless.

You guys need to read some automotive history books. You may learn about the real Cobras as opposed to the mustang "Cobras".

:hysterical2:

Real Smeal...we don't give a rip about that here. We all just love Shelbys & Mustangs.

Welcome to our breakfast club.

Agreed.

My thread adn post is more directed towards others on another site dedicated to Cobras and Cobra replicas who knock Shelby and Shelby autos routinely.

Sorry if this was misunderstood.

Understood.

We are trying to not "knock" the brand here at Team Shelby. Carroll hates it when that happens.

Do you have any Pic's of your ride ? Please post them so we can all enjoy your car.

Grabber: Thanks. I just don't want to see anyone knocking any of SAI cars or products. I'm sick of it on the other site but its populated in great part by guys who don't own Shelbys. Just don't want to see any of those guys post their crap here. I fully support SAI and believe his cars new and old deserve respect as genuine articles. Just my humble opinion.

I'll try and post pics. I'm not the best with computers but will give it a go!!!

:headspin:

Understood.

We are trying to not "knock" the brand here at Team Shelby. Carroll hates it when that happens.

Do you have any Pic's of your ride ? Please post them so we can all enjoy your car.

So far there is no trouble. So far, unlike the forum you moderate there is no one here knocking Shelby or Shelby cars of any kind. If that happens yes it will be troublesome.

Thanks for your offer on posting pics though.

Regards

This could be troublesome for you here, Evan. :-)

(If you want, I'll help with your pictures.)

Ron: Please post the pics of 4206 (#1 and #2) Thanks.

Xlor8: Whatever yu say. :hysterical2: It will be interesting to see any of those characters knock or demean the CSX and SAI on this site. Should be interesting as I'd be willing to be most here will agree with my view which mirrors SAACs position on the cars. Lets see what happens. I'd be willing to venture it will be received as follows :finger:

I would recomend HRE highly to anyone they finished the car. The car is aluminum as noted, painted Raven black single stage (no clear as they didn't have clear in '65). Engine is a 1965 NASCAR 427 Sideoiler; dual quads. I spent alot of time trying to make sure the engine bay was as it was so to speak. Original dual plain manifold (FOMOCO); original Hollys; original pullys; original medium rise heads, original water pump, Aviad pan, driver side air vent pull knob and manual override switch for push fans per original SC spec, Smith guages, differential cooler per original spec, wheels scotch brighted to dull them so as to more closely match the Halibrand finish, etc..etc.. The only thing that is not as it was is the ignition (MSD). I have all original tags for windshield, radiator etc.. I'm now running Goodyear billboard tires. Differential cover was signed by CS. Original style seat belts with door interior finished as original with material over the tubing. I didn't however put a ReBatt in and opted for twin jell optimas instead for the safety factor. Current mileage is 4600 miles.

Sorry for running on about the car but ...well there it is. Pics to be posted soon.

southpark.gif

:hysterical2:

Oh yeh...if there is any trouble, let me know. I am pretty good with the trusty sword. :hysterical:

modvsspammer0mn.gif

Grabber, not sure of the rear wheel horsepower. But it was on a dyno and the results were 613 horsepower and 597 ft lbs of torque. The motor is 12 3/4 to 1 and must run on race gas. So long cruises are far and few in between because of the cost of the fuel and not being available at every corner gas station. This is an all aluminum bodied car, aluminum Shelby block and experimental aluminum Edelbrock heads.

Archived