TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally a forum where the Continuation series won't get knocked by the CSX "have nots"

CSX4206

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys.

4802: The VW or "Hoover without a handle" as I refer to it will have to stay for now. Unfortunately, I have no time for the track with 3 kids who play travel sports (then add the wife and work to the mix). You get the picture. One day though for sure. Sigh.....I hope my long time previous and current occassional off road motorcycle experience will translate well to the track for a quick learning curve. I have such little time for myself I don't even get to ride the bikes, and am considering selling the street bikes for lack of use. Each have less then a 1000 miles.

Jamo: Palm tree? What palm tree?.......

Actually, my wife was going to throw it out and I figured it will make the garage look warmer in the winter and climate appropriate in the summer. I may trade it in though for something more indiginous to the Northeast. I'm thinking White Birch maybe...

Happy new year guys.

CSX4206,

Sweet looking cars, but what is the story on the custom plates?

Mr S2

Thanks guys.

4802: The VW or "Hoover without a handle" as I refer to it will have to stay for now. Unfortunately, I have no time for the track with 3 kids who play travel sports (then add the wife and work to the mix). You get the picture. One day though for sure. Sigh.....I hope my long time previous and current occassional off road motorcycle experience will translate well to the track for a quick learning curve. I have such little time for myself I don't even get to ride the bikes, and am considering selling the street bikes for lack of use. Each have less then a 1000 miles.

Jamo: Palm tree? What palm tree?.......

Actually, my wife was going to throw it out and I figured it will make the garage look warmer in the winter and climate appropriate in the summer. I may trade it in though for something more indiginous to the Northeast. I'm thinking White Birch maybe...

Happy new year guys.

Simple. The Shelby is a real Cobra therefore REAL427.

I've had my chops busted by some others on other sites for not being a "racer" and just a "show and shine" guy or "waxer" as they put it. I kinda liked the "waxer" monkier so I went with it.

So is that an actual NJ plate, from the pictures is does not appear to be unless NJ has switched to a new format that I have not seen yet.

MrS

• 3 weeks later...
Long time coming. Finally,..a forum where the Continuation seires won't get knocked by those who don't have one simply out of sour grapes.

In short, my thoughts are that you should respect the cars other guys have and don't say things about their cars you wouldn't say in person.

Hopefully, other CSX owners will join this forum also and not stay exclusively over at Club Cobra.

Finally! :happy feet:

I agree with you! On CC, it has gotten so bad, if you even mention CSX, you are just pounced on and pummelled into a bloody mess. I have noticed that the CSX owners do not post comments too often on CC, anymore.

I've noticed over the past year, fewer and fewer of CSX owners make comments on CC. I think if you look at most of the comments there, now, you will find they are made by replica owners. The replica owners have become so territorial, that it seems like they resent any comment made by a CSX owner, except maybe original CSX owners! The CC site, IMHO, has become a site for replica owners, now. Kinda sad. :cry:

• 3 months later...

Hello all, I have just joined this group today. I have owned a '67, 427/435 Corvette since 1972. I have always wanted to own a 427 Cobra and have been researching them for years.

I had pretty much made up my mind to buy a CSX Aluminum car until I read this forum from page 1 to the end. I always knew there was a problem between real and replica owners but, I never knew there was this kind of strive between REAL Shelby owners.

I have always held the belief that a CSX 3000 was an original 60's Cobra and it is what it is and always will be, and the CSX 4000 Cobras are what they are and always will be, a continuation of a compoment car.

Were the original bodies not supplied to SAI from AC in England? Were the Engines and Transmissions not supplied by Ford? How about the rear suspension?

Explain to me what has changed?

I would love to own a CSX 3000 car but, there are too few and the price prohibits me owning one and, I think I speak for most CSX 4000 owners.

One will never take the place of the other but, are they both not REAL Shelbys?

Help me out!

Jim

Hello all, I have just joined this group today. I have owned a '67, 427/435 Corvette since 1972. I have always wanted to own a 427 Cobra and have been researching them for years.

I had pretty much made up my mind to buy a CSX Aluminum car until I read this forum from page 1 to the end. I always knew there was a problem between real and replica owners but, I never knew there was this kind of strive between REAL Shelby owners.

I have always held the belief that a CSX 3000 was an original 60's Cobra and it is what it is and always will be, and the CSX 4000 Cobras are what they are and always will be, a continuation of a compoment car.

Were the original bodies not supplied to SAI from AC in England? Were the Engines and Transmissions not supplied by Ford? How about the rear suspension?

Explain to me what has changed?

I would love to own a CSX 3000 car but, there are too few and the price prohibits me owning one and, I think I speak for most CSX 4000 owners.

One will never take the place of the other but, are they both not REAL Shelbys?

Help me out!

Jim

The CSX Cobras of today are all a continuation compoment cars and are as real as you can get today. Unless you can find a original Cobra and have alot of $$$$$$ to buy it.

Archived