TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally a forum where the Continuation series won't get knocked by the CSX "have nots"

CSX4206

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do alot of cruising here in the pacific NW on the columbia Gorge and other senic areas in Oregon and Wahington. Last summer me and some other GT500 buddies went out for a 300 mile run. Most of our runs are shorter, but the long ones are very fun.

Putnamdoscruise8-18-07189.jpg

Putnamdoscruise8-18-07008.jpg

So Grabber...have you tracked them? [i'm talking road courses] The Shelby just looks like it would hunker down.

I have not been on the track. I live real close to some wilderness areas that are very lightly traveled, and I can open her up there now and then. I have the JLT stage I with Evolution tune in her, so she does haul butt.

JLTMotorcraftoil012.jpg

I do alot of cruising here in the pacific NW on the columbia Gorge and other senic areas in Oregon and Wahington. Last summer me and some other GT500 buddies went out for a 300 mile run. Most of our runs are shorter, but the long ones are very fun.

Putnamdoscruise8-18-07189.jpg

Putnamdoscruise8-18-07008.jpg

You live in great country for long cruises...that last tree tunnel looks like the video you posted...same area?

The Western States Cobra Bash in Reno in early May draws folks from your area (driving Cobras in the rain all the way), and Shelby Mustangs from all over...probably already sold out for this year, but me thinks some future time would be a great setting for folks to join up. Think of the drive coming down!

I have not been on the track. I live real close to some wilderness areas that are very lightly traveled, and I can open her up there now and then. I have the JLT stage I with Evolution tune in her, so she does haul butt.

JLTMotorcraftoil012.jpg

Nice comparison of the old and new tech, eh? Both will kick your ass back in the seat.

L1010837copy.jpg

You live in great country for long cruises...that last tree tunnel looks like the video you posted...same area?

The Western States Cobra Bash in Reno in early May draws folks from your area (driving Cobras in the rain all the way), and Shelby Mustangs from all over...probably already sold out for this year, but me thinks some future time would be a great setting for folks to join up. Think of the drive coming down!

Ya, the vid was from that same area.

Some day I would love to drive to Reno in the summer.

Here is Multnohma falls

CrownpointGT50010-22-07019.jpg

Here is the columbia river gorge ( 40 minutes from my house)

CrownpointGT50010-22-07006.jpg

Last year I hosted my first Pacific NW meet and greet. These are members from this site that came:

GroupphotoMeetGreet5-26-06.jpg

I am going to do it again this spring. I have a thread posted on it. It would be cool to get some Cobras to attend if anyone lives in the Portland / Vancouver area that wants to come.

Heres the link to the next meet and greet.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...c=12545&hl=

That scenary over the river is something else.

Here's a portion of the 200 Cobras at the Bash last May...Squaw Valley Ski Area near Lake Tahoe.

L1000518copy.jpg

Wow, that many Cobras in one gathering must of been a sight to see. I could only imagine the looks you guys got as you cruised down the hwy.

I have 3 other local couples that I go out on small outings with, and we really get the looks when we roll into town.

Putnamdoscruise8-18-07181.jpg

Putnamdoscruise8-18-07064.jpg

Yeah, we make a little noise cruising through the Sierras with the sidepipes.

We sorta make it a mission to drive by folks like this guy real slow and clear out the belching over rich carbs at elevation so that it helps him breath as they ride up the grades.

We also like to rattle Prius side windows, car alarms, etc....

L1000458copy.jpg

Grabber,

That sure is one sweet looking GT500, I love the upgrades you made and best color you could choose (see my avatar!). :happy feet: :happy feet:

Jamo,

I love that naked Cobra. I heard the Kirkhams make a nice product, don't they also supply the bodies to Shelby? I think I remember reading about them in Car & Driver (?) many years ago, bodies come from Poland or something. I guess there is no question that that is an aluminum body. Must be gawd awful to keep clean.

...can't show ya my Cobra running...but I sure can step up and let you hear what a REAL engine sounds like...

My 427 on the run-in stand...

CW,

The sound of that motor sounds very fast.

Jamo,

Your wife might like feel of a Harley. Mine does. ;)

DSCF2696.jpg

CW,

The sound of that motor sounds very fast.

Jamo,

Your wife might like feel of a Harley. Mine does. ;)

DSCF2696.jpg

Damn Rob.In the last 12 hours you have told everyone here your whole life story except the part that you wear a bra. :yup: You haven't shown any of those pictures yet. :doh: I know he will he loves those pictures. :backtotopic:

Damn Rob.In the last 12 hours you have told everyone here your whole life story except the part that you wear a bra. :yup: You haven't shown any of those pictures yet. :doh: I know he will he loves those pictures. :backtotopic:

Is your car letting it all hang out?

My car does have a bra. You can't see it, unless I point it out to you.

Speaking of that. :hysterical2:

Edit: 07....go jump rope would ya!!!

jump.gif

Archived