TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally a forum where the Continuation series won't get knocked by the CSX "have nots"

CSX4206

3212: I explained the "have not" comment. Don't need to explain it further. If you can't read my explanation above or don't understand it thats your problem. Your description of what occurs as far as what happens with replica owners on other sites is not accurate at all. I see it completely differently but won't waste my time on this issue further.

As to who knocked the Continuation series, we can start with you and your "elitist" approach in addition to Mr. Parnelli. You apparently don't even read what you write. As to ridicule... really? Whose gonna ridicule me for saying exactly what SAAC says and what Team Shelby says. I'm going to be ridiculed at Cobra get togethers? Really. I'm scared now!! That's fine, if anyone wants to ridicule me, thats fine, I'll ridicule them right back. Really don't care. Moreover, I don't need "other 4000 owners to stick up for me" When I need that I'll ask. If they don't want to speak up for their own car thats their problem and they're free to be self deprecating all day long to win acceptance by Jamo and his buddies. Its a free country. Personally, I don't want or need their acceptance.

4802: I need help? Really? I disagree. Now for my thoughts as to you. I think you need a pair and need to stop kissing the a$$e$ of the "popular crowd" just to be accepted. I'm not looking to trade my position on the facts, which is fair and accurate, in exchange for acceptance by false friends. You can feel free to do so however.

If getting along means having to knock my own car and agree with the "have nots" (those who knock the Continuation series and who are motivated by sourgrapes to do so) to gain acceptance and "get along" you can count me out.

Have a nice day.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen Evan,

You take this stuff WAY too seriously. Nobody is out to diss your car, from what I have heard from folks and seen from pictures it is a thing of beauty.

What causes these discussions to escalate is part theater part ignorance. Some of the people know exactly what buttons to push bringing forth the "argumentative Evan" and it becomes comedic, the rest, just don't know any better.

..and Jamo, well, we have had discussions both parallel and perpendictular. But as adults we either compromise, agree-to-dissagree or come to a mutual concession.

But afterwords, and this is the important part........we move on.

Try it.

4802: Fair enough.

3212: Well your "welcome" statement to 4802 would be a breath of fresh air if it were genuine or as some may say "real" but we know otherwise. As far as the "not so friendly 4000 owner" that "not so friendly 4000 owner" sees you as a "condescending/elitist 3000 owner" ergo his not so friendly attitude towards you.

Parnelli,

I noticed your avatar, were you at VIR, '06?

Edit: Sorry about the hijack

Yessir, I was. Its in my neck of the woods, I love VIR. I was there with a beater 69 Mustang I been playing with, I just drove up to watch the races and check the paddock out.

I had a 66 GT350 back in the day, sold it years ago. Been in love with the T/A Mustangs since the 70s when Trans Am was a really great series. I thought about getting the PJ Mustang replica (oops I used that word agin!), but its just too pricey, $30K more and I could buy a legit '70 racer.

I'm not totally stupid when it comes to Cobras, I had me one of them too about 10 years ago (another RxPLica!) before there were so many around, but it was just a playtoy, would not mid getting another, but prices sure have gone up on 'em.

Gosh.....Gee Wiz......I thought after selling CSX4758 and getting me a shiney new GT500 I could come over here and find me some brand new friends. should have known everyone would come over here. Thought Evan sold that REAL cobra years ago.....what happened. Anyway....Welcome everyone to TEAM SHELBY.......but don't go too hard on my comrades over at CC as to ME my CSX was just another kit....granted a Shelby...but you get my point. the new GT500's are a blast especially when you let this bunch convince you to modify it. Can you say boost monkey heaven!!!

Gary

Let's get this on track Alan.There is only 1 pecking order here,and here it is.

1-Carroll Shelby

2-Joe Moma

3-Jamo

4-CSX 4206

5-A blind guy behind the wheel of this site

I hope we all have this straight now. I am not going to tolerate this kind of motor oil any more.

Don't laugh so hard....I knew what I was doing. Bought myself a brand new GT500, my wife a new Mustang GT and had some left over for improvements. CSX4758 was one of the nicest around with all the correct goodies and a Keith Craft 482 cu in monster. It was just time for something a little more practical that we could use for more road trips. I'm having fun and that's all that matters. it's just fun to see the B/S is STILL going on after all these years.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

post-8899-1198127017_thumb.jpg

post-8899-1198127017_thumb.jpg

Let's get this on track:

Best Cobra:

CSX2000 with race history

CSX3000 with race history

CSX3000 street

CSX2000 street

CSX7000 fiberglass with Gessford Weber Monster

CSX4000 glass built in LV

CSX8000 glass built in LV

CSX4000 Alum

CSX7000 Alum

CSX4000 built in Cambodia or any other place other than USA

I hope this helps the mustang guys.

Allan

Hi, Allan, thanks for helping us Mustang guys understand the Cobra world better. With all the bickering amongst themselves, though, I think I prefer the friendly Mustang crowd. We own mass produced cars that don't cost so much that we get all wound up in lineage and history. We can mod them, wreck them, race them, buy and sell them, etc. without fear of being subjected to ridicule and scrutiny.

I've been reading this particular thread for days now, much like one would watch the Jerry Springer show. It's been quite entertaining to see the infighting.

I gotta say that I appreciate any and all Cobras - even the replicas. I would love to own any of them, but my budget does not allow (maybe after the kids finish college, but certainly not now). I have a couple friends who own Cobra replicas, and they are nice folks who are passionate about their toys. Us Mustang guys are equally as passionate about our cars, and it would be nice to be able to look up to the "real" Cobra owners to set a good example of how to interact with each other, but that seems to be lacking from the examples in this thread.

Can't we all just play nice here together, guys and gals?

Let's get this on track:

Best Cobra:

CSX3000 street

CSX2000 street

CSX4000 Alum

CSX7000 Alum

Allan

Gosh.....Gee Wiz......I thought after selling CSX4758 and getting me a shiney new GT500 I could come over here and find me some brand new friends. should have known everyone would come over here. Thought Evan sold that REAL cobra years ago.....what happened. Anyway....Welcome everyone to TEAM SHELBY.......but don't go too hard on my comrades over at CC as to ME my CSX was just another kit....granted a Shelby...but you get my point. the new GT500's are a blast especially when you let this bunch convince you to modify it. Can you say boost monkey heaven!!!

Gary

Looks like some of you guys got some history with this feller CSX4206? So how he's talking to me ain't unique? I should not take it personal? I was surprised at how serious a simple comment that I made was taken. What is CC?

Let's get this on track:

Best Cobra:

CSX3000 street

CSX2000 street

Shelby pedal cars

Shelby Texas chili

CSX4000 Alum

CSX7000 Alum

Allan

Allan thanks for the list but I would like to make a slight adjustment that I am sure you just overlooked.

Just below the CSX 2000 street cars would be the Shelby pedal cars and then the ShelbyTexas chili if we are to keep the pecking order correct.

Thanks, 3212

Ok now this is coming to a halt.Grabber has asked nice, to respect each other and their cars.This is a very nice site and I am going to keep it that way.I have already done some editing and deleting.The next step is I am going to start banning.Now lets play with the new rules,please.

If there is any confusion see post #105

GT500-07......The Cobra was a life long dream and took many years to get there. It was a blast to drive and extremely fast. Anything over a 100 and you better be on your toes. I have driven Cobras in the pouring rain and all in between and there is nothing like it. It took several months before I could bring myself to sell it but it went to a very good home in California and I have a new toy....granted it's just another Mustang but I am having a ball with it. My wife was involved in an accident recently and it totaled her car so I decided to use some of my slush fund to make a new 07 GT possible. Never thought in a miilion years we would ever be a 2 Mustang family. It' hard to describe but a 100 mph in a big block Cobra is an adrenelin rush you can't describe....but since I have gone the EVO Stage 2 route it really pulls just as hard when it hooks up, just in a different way. I miss my Cobra and knew once I sold it I would never get back to that level of a Cobra cause I'm just an average working Joe but I feel better about taking it on trips and leaving it parked outside overnight....Something you just can't do with a Cobra. I'm proud to say I did own a Cobra in my lifetime but it was time for something different. We have people around here that trade Cobras and hotrods every year or so just to have something different whereas I get very attached to something I worked so hard to get. Not everyone can own a Shelby. I was at the right place and the right timeto get mine otherwise I would have ordered another ERA. I was the only CSX car in the Texas Cobra Club and never could understand why more CSX owners would not come play with us. Our annual meet in Austin in March typically draws around 80 to 100 Cobras for 3 days of parking lot partys and a cruise. The only thing we have in common is the dream and it'can be expressed at any price level you want to and that's the beauty of it.

The funny part about this is that this conflict has been going on over at Club Cobra for many years with the same players. ....just different perspectives. There are at least 4 of us who have sold Cobras and are playing with the new Mustang except for one person over on Club Cobra that goes by "hey, little cobra" and that's Kristen. She bought my ERA and kept it. The GT500 was a X-mas present to her. THey are all fun cars and the people are second to none. Hope to see many of you in Tulsa this year. Go once and you will be hooked forever.

I'll shut up now and go away...

Merry Christmas to All

Gary Morris

Founding member of the Texas Cobra Club

2007-08 President of the Shelby Cobra Association of Texas

Member in good standing with Team Shelby

Just another member of the North Texas Mustang Club :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Archived