TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally a forum where the Continuation series won't get knocked by the CSX "have nots"

CSX4206

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Where are all the CSX4000 series guys/gals? These cars are awesome and it seems like there is some real animosity towards owners of these cars. I am in the process of getting one and am in disbelief that there are no active owners here. What gives? What am I missing on this? Someone, anyone, enlighten me.

Where are all the CSX4000 series guys/gals? These cars are awesome and it seems like there is some real animosity towards owners of these cars. I am in the process of getting one and am in disbelief that there are no active owners here. What gives? What am I missing on this? Someone, anyone, enlighten me.

switz,

Tell us all about your new CSX car like engine, color etc.

here's one that could save you some time and money

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks...A1%7C240%3A1318

Thanks for the link. I have talked to this guy several times for the last several weeks. Nice guy named Miles, from England I think. Anyway, his car is priced right but it doesn't have what I am looking for. He has a 428 and a 4 speed. I am looking at a 427 with a 5 speed. The dealer I am talking to is Stephen Becker from Planet Cobra. This guy is very nice and easy to deal with. There was a roller that was one of the first 20 series 4000 cars produced that was in his home state. I had Mr. Becker drive to the guy's house and look at the car. He gave me a wealth of information on the car and it looked like it was too much trouble to do as I could get a new roller that needed less work for less money. I am looking at a vintage 60's 427 side oiler engine and a 5 speed for the car. I should know more today if this is going to fly as I am awaiting a fax right now.

Well, I just sealed the deal on CSX6020. Red with a 5 speed tranny AND a 1965 427 Side Oiler period correct engine for the car. I ordered a heater and period correct Goodyear tires with a glovebox. I am pretty stoked about this as I never thought I would own one of these.

It is nice to see folks back in this section. Let's see what we can stir up here. :happy feet:

Well, I just sealed the deal on CSX6020. Red with a 5 speed tranny AND a 1965 427 Side Oiler period correct engine for the car. I ordered a heater and period correct Goodyear tires with a glovebox. I am pretty stoked about this as I never thought I would own one of these.

It is nice to see folks back in this section. Let's see what we can stir up here. :happy feet:

sweet, another Cobra owner. I did the 4spd top loader with 307 gears, plenty of punch. No heater, did the glove box and Amy had Mr. Shelby sign it for me at the 85th bash. Running the 427, you have plenty of heat. I drive the CSX more then the GT500 or the SGT. Every one gives you the thumbs up when you tooling around.

have you driven one yet?

sweet, another Cobra owner. I did the 4spd top loader with 307 gears, plenty of punch. No heater, did the glove box and Amy had Mr. Shelby sign it for me at the 85th bash. Running the 427, you have plenty of heat. I drive the CSX more then the GT500 or the SGT. Every one gives you the thumbs up when you tooling around.

have you driven one yet?

Never driven one. Years ago, when I was a teenager (1971 ish), a friend had a 289 Cobra. Was the most incredible ride I have ever been on and it has been burned in my memory ever since. I could have bought it from him for $2500 but passed; ooops...anyway, I can't wait to drive it. So, how does it drive? I would imagine it is glued to the ground. I had one of the new mini coopers and it was like driving a go-cart.

Never driven one. Years ago, when I was a teenager (1971 ish), a friend had a 289 Cobra. Was the most incredible ride I have ever been on and it has been burned in my memory ever since. I could have bought it from him for $2500 but passed; ooops...anyway, I can't wait to drive it. So, how does it drive? I would imagine it is glued to the ground. I had one of the new mini coopers and it was like driving a go-cart.

Just be very very careful with it! It WILL bite you!

they can be snug if your a big guy. the removable steering wheel comes in handy. sitting behind the 427 it gets real warm/hot inside the CSX. also,always remember to step away from the pipes when getting out (very hot). no power steering or power brakes, will build some strong legs working the clutch and brakes. never punch it in a turn or it will spin out from under you. they hold the road very well, just respect the power they can make and give yourself extra room to stop. i also had a mini cooper S, they are like driving go-carts but nothing like driving a CSX with a 427.

they can be snug if your a big guy. the removable steering wheel comes in handy. sitting behind the 427 it gets real warm/hot inside the CSX. also,always remember to step away from the pipes when getting out (very hot). no power steering or power brakes, will build some strong legs working the clutch and brakes. never punch it in a turn or it will spin out from under you. they hold the road very well, just respect the power they can make and give yourself extra room to stop. i also had a mini cooper S, they are like driving go-carts but nothing like driving a CSX with a 427.

I look forward to it....should be fun

:shift:

Thought would chime in..I bought my Cobra in 2004 as a completed roller,built and installed a roller

side oiler,4spd trans and the rest my self. I have drag raced it and some open track,just for fun.

When I want loud and the wind in my face,I take the Cobra for a cruise.I love my 07 GT500,but,

they are two completely different cars to drive. Now I can't wait for spring to get here.

Happy New Year to all

Mike

post-5317-1230778226_thumb.jpg

post-5317-1230778301_thumb.jpg

post-5317-1230778337_thumb.jpg

post-5317-1230778226_thumb.jpg

post-5317-1230778301_thumb.jpg

post-5317-1230778337_thumb.jpg

Hey switz, you only live about an hour from me.

If you ever need a second opinion on your new CSX, give me a call! :)

Ken

Hey Ken, I travel through Sac all the time. It would be nice to have a forum get together sometime up where we are.

:shift:

Thought would chime in..I bought my Cobra in 2004 as a completed roller,built and installed a roller

side oiler,4spd trans and the rest my self. I have drag raced it and some open track,just for fun.

When I want loud and the wind in my face,I take the Cobra for a cruise.I love my 07 GT500,but,

they are two completely different cars to drive. Now I can't wait for spring to get here.

Happy New Year to all

Mike

She is a fine looking ride for sure

Ok, I have a few questions for you folks that have a csx4000 series:

1) I understand it gets hot inside the car. Air is out of the question but what about the "fresh air vents" that are offered? Damn, to do both sides is allot of money (around $2k). Jeez, that seems pretty high for fresh air. It gets hot in the summer where I live. Is the car drivable in the heat without any extras?

2) What about a soft top? I have searched the web and have seen a few but does anyone here have any experience with one? If so, where did you get it and how much?

3) Tonneau cover is pretty pricey. Any aftermarket ones that are as good/better? What about a snap less one? Where do you get it. I saw one on the net that a guy had but he didn't say where he got it.

That's it for now. I am sure I will have more in the future.

Thanks, steve

Archived