TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Allocation

thadeus618

This has probably been answered already but I can't find it. I ordered my car the first day it was possible this year and I am getting the dealerships first car with priority 10. It appears that some dealerships are getting a 2nd car before my dealership gets thier first. The zone rep I talked to said this is the month I will get my build date and it should be built in December but I assumed all of the dealerships getting cars would each get one before some recieved 2.

I really don't know why that bothers me because I either want my car right now so I can drive it or not till spring because I will just be paying for my car to sit in my garage. I am just nervous (paranoid) thinking something will happen and I won't get my car.

Ted

This has probably been answered already but I can't find it. I ordered my car the first day it was possible this year and I am getting the dealerships first car with priority 10. It appears that some dealerships are getting a 2nd car before my dealership gets thier first. The zone rep I talked to said this is the month I will get my build date and it should be built in December but I assumed all of the dealerships getting cars would each get one before some recieved 2.

I really don't know why that bothers me because I either want my car right now so I can drive it or not till spring because I will just be paying for my car to sit in my garage. I am just nervous (paranoid) thinking something will happen and I won't get my car.

Ted

There are better guys here who can answer, but for the quick answer, you are ok and all will be fine, just be patient. Bottom line, the allocations and who gets what, and who is getting number two before someone gets number one, have all been seen and lived on this forum. There are several reasons this happens and the more you dig the more convoluted it all gets. However, I agree with your worry. My dealer had NO clue right up to the day they got the car. I got no VIN no DORA, nothing like what most get here. Matter of fact someone here got my VIN for me before the dealer even knew what was going on. Bottom line, it is a crap shoot. If you car is ordered, and it is the way you want it, at a price you can live with, you will need to do like so many of us who ordered did, sit and wait and be patient. When the car comes, it will all be worth it. PS- I live in MI and got my car in Sept, it is now sleeping for the winter, so I know the feeling. Good luck!

Archived