TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MY 08 SHELBY GT500 IS HOME SAFE AND SOUND

Big_Slick737

HI EVERYONE,

First I want to say thanks to EVERYBODY HERE, for helping me in my search for my car. Thanks to CobraBoy originally for helping me out to find a deal that unfortunately didnt work out. But things work out for a reason and TY to Sprint200 for making this deal happen.. WOW what an experience. I guess those Okies are good folks after all :hysterical2::hysterical2: Sorry Jeff had to say it :-)

Thanks to Grabber, Shelbydude, Stangfan, Joe G, Joker, and everyone else during the process of PSDS, I made it through it with a little bit of sanity intact.

Ill make this post short and elaberate more about my drive home later today... it was Interesting to say the least. And NO I didn't get any tickets or pulled over by any cops on the way back from Oklahoma. LOL

I hit some nasty Traffic coming in.

All I can say is I LOVE THIS FREAKING CAR.. IT IS BADDDDDDD :censored: I was nice to her on the way home though. Ill give a full account of my impression on the car later too.. I need to go Wash her up ( LOTS OF DEAD BUGS AND BRAKE DUST ) :hysterical2::hysterical2: I plan on taking her to work this afternoon.... so she needs to be purty :headspin:

Here are a FEW PICS off of my phone. Have to download the others off the camera and will load those up as soon as my wife downloads them off her Digital Camera.

post-3542-1195226300_thumb.jpg

post-3542-1195226311_thumb.jpg

post-3542-1195226328_thumb.jpg

post-3542-1195226343_thumb.jpg

post-3542-1195226300_thumb.jpg

post-3542-1195226311_thumb.jpg

post-3542-1195226328_thumb.jpg

post-3542-1195226343_thumb.jpg

The GO car is Sprint200's GT500

And the last pic for now is My Girl Home Safe and sound tucked in for the night :happy feet: :happy feet:

:party2: :party2: :party2:

I needed a Drink as soon as I got home after the traffic nightmare.

And No I didnt even make it to the MAVS v SPURS game last night. Had to watch it on TV. :banghead:

post-3542-1195226479_thumb.jpg

post-3542-1195226492_thumb.jpg

post-3542-1195226479_thumb.jpg

post-3542-1195226492_thumb.jpg

Looks beautiful Big SLick !!!

Welcome to the Owners Club Slick!!

Thanks Guys !!!

So I got to the dealership bouncing off the walls.. the dealer picked me up at the airport. Jeff would have but I couldnt take the PSDS and stayed off the site the night before :hysterical2::hysterical2: And your right the GO Shelby ride to the dealership would have been alot more fun.. LOL

Got to see her in the bay and took some pics and Spirit200 showed up after I called him to let him know I was there. We took the car to get gas and then out to do the test drive on her. She Had 6 miles on the car. So we went down the road and at 13mi on the Odometer. We Turned around to test the BOOST and sure nuf, I laid into it and VARRRROOOOOOOOOM off we go, Boost was there got it up to 8lbs :hysterical2::hysterical2::superhero: IT WAS AWSOME to feel that car pulling hard.

We got back to the dealership and finished up with everything, took some pics and then Spirit treated me to an awsome lunch before I had to hit the road an head home. Again, thank you sooo much for the hospitality Jeff.

Ok off on my way home I took it easy on her kept her below 80 the entire way.. but WOW does she want more, you can just tell. About half way home I got to test out her handling no by choice. A small pickup truck out in front of me Blew it's right front tire and starts spraying tread all over the place as he bailed off the road to the right. I did some nifty driving to dodge the debris. Thanks to her superior handling She came out un-scathed. :happy feet: :happy feet:

The Adventure was just begining: As I got closer to dallas I hear on the Radio that I-35 is Shut Down Completely Both direction :banghead: So I get stuck in Rush Hour Traffic Bumper to Bumper, I try bailing off to take different routes to get out of the mess and each time I end up in another mess of snarling bumper to bumper traffic... :banghead::banghead: Well I got a good chance to practice with that clutch... and 2 hours after hitting the traffic jams I finally make it home. Oh and I didnt Stall her Once. Lucky Me !!! I was PARANOID THE ENTIRE TIME IN TRAFFIC WORRIED SOMEONE WAS GOING TO GET STUPID AND HIT ME BY ACCIDENT OR I WOULD STALL IT AND SOMEONE NOT PAYING ATTENTION WOULD REAREND ME. lol :hysterical2:

Finally home I needed a Drink to get rid of that stress and stare at my new car in the garage.. LOL everytime I opened the door to the garage I was shocked to she My GT500 sitting there.. :happy feet: It wasnt REAL yet, and still isnt real. :happy feet: At some point it will sink in.

BTW no fluid leaks after the drive home, the car handled great. Love how she feels on the road, I dont mind feeling the road a bit more than you would in Luxury Sports Cars. The car has soooo much power and Ive barely tested her out.

I washed her up this morning and took the wife for a drive, and she had a great time.... Punched her up to 100mph for a quick burst.. The wife had a big grin on her face when I looked over. :hysterical:

That is my report for the evening !!! :headspin: Still can't believe she's mine !!! LOL

Another happy owner. I love reading stories like that. :happy feet:

Congrats on the new car (awsome car) sounds like you had a good drive home. Mind should have been built this week.Take care of her and enjoy becareful the other people have no respect.Hope to have mind in couple weeks are so. I do not drink so I can not sleep just waiting for the call and to say it home would be awsome. Take care have a good evening!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :headspin:

Rock on my brother........

Congrats.

Now we'll expect to see you ine Hermann in April.............................................

:party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2:

Rock on my brother........

Congrats.

Now we'll expect to see you ine Hermann in April.............................................

:party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2:

Thanks Kyle: :happy feet:

Yup, have to talk to the wifey and try and make plans for a trip there and to tulsa.

:party2: Congrats Slick!!! Glad everything went OK and you made it home safe. :party2:

I see the dealer did a great job cleaning all the mud off I got all over her!

BTW, that isn't 6 miles it had. It really had 600 miles. I disconnected the speedo so the miles would still read 6 when you picked her up. :hysterical:

:party2: Congrats Slick!!! Glad everything went OK and you made it home safe. :party2:

I see the dealer did a great job cleaning all the mud off I got all over her!

BTW, that isn't 6 miles it had. It really had 600 miles. I disconnected the speedo so the miles would still read 6 when you picked her up. :hysterical:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: I knew it was too good to be true !! Well you did a great job of hiding the evidence. :hysterical:

and the Mavs crushed my Spurs....

You are having just too good a week....sheeesh!!!

We will defintely have a Hill country rally through central Texas in the spring...

Who's in?

Thanks to Michael Morris, I just got my parents the same car I'm getting... this way if some knucklehead hits my car, I can just make a swap, and who will know? :happy feet: :headspin:

Got the VIN for both cars today...looks like it could be a heck of a xmas!!! HOHOHO! :dreamy:

Great story Slick,

The car looks so good.

Sounds a bit familiar, hope you had good weather for the drive.

It's a weird feeling to finally have her in the garage after all this.

I went out to dinner tonite with my wife and left mine outside alone for the first time. A real good wide angled spot right in front of the restuarant face the bay, ooh soo good.

....I was the "boy friend" with the hot car tonite!!!! :superhero:

I hope you have hundreds of stories down the road.

Mikehart

and the Mavs crushed my Spurs....

You are having just too good a week....sheeesh!!!

We will defintely have a Hill country rally through central Texas in the spring...

Who's in?

Thanks to Michael Morris, I just got my parents the same car I'm getting... this way if some knucklehead hits my car, I can just make a swap, and who will know? :happy feet: :headspin:

Got the VIN for both cars today...looks like it could be a heck of a xmas!!! HOHOHO! :dreamy:

Congrats dubbs. Yeah that will be one fantastic xmas... you will have to tell me the dates in the spring.

Congrates Big Slick! That's just awesome. I'm not jealous or anything though :poke:

Glad you had a good trip and enjoy the heck out of it!

I am enjoying it completely... It is just too COOL to say the least. Lots of Head turning

when driving it around.

Mikehart your right , I peek out in the garage alot, and it is very strange seeing it in my

garage.... It is like dreamland... So I just pinch myself and yup Im awake she is really there. :hysterical:

:happy feet:

Archived