TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NOW Shipping GT500 C&L Performance Intakes

Mark@LFP

NEW C&L Performance Cold Air Kit for Shelby GT500's now in stock and ready to ship.

Please call (281-385-5339), PM, or e-mail for special Stangs Unleashed member pricing. Price too low to list!

C_L_Shelby_GT500.gif

Power gains?

Dyno Sheets?

Does C&L have a dyno to perform their own tuning or do they sub that out to others? I'm curious just how much testing went into their tune.

Check their site:

http://www.cnlperformance.com/shelbygt500.html

I already have mine installed. No dyno as yet, but I will post when I do. There is a substantual difference in the performance, but I don't know how it would compare to any of the other CAI and tunes. I have C&L on my Mustang GT and have patiently (well, for the most part!) waited over a year for this particular CAI. I am happy with it.

They will have a Stage 2 that is a unique offering. Now I am waiting patiently for that!

post-3525-1195220093_thumb.jpg

post-3525-1195220111_thumb.jpg

oldimp,

IMO it really is the best looking of all the CAI kits. I can't tell from your pics, but how is the clearance under the strut tower brace? Is there enough room for the engine to torque roll without hitting it?

I guess I now need to compare the Predator vs SCT functions to see if they offer the same adjustability.

ingram4868, I estimate about 1/4 inch clearance at strut tower brace. I haven't driven it enough to suggest it is enough clearance! I went directly to C&L for mine, so I have their tune with the Predator. If you go with someone else, say Evolution, you get the SCT I think. I think that they basically do the same things. I wanted to set my max RPM to 6500 and cut of the top-end speed limiter and I was able to do that and I would have been able with the SCT, also.

Oldimp,

Thanks for the clearance pics in the other post. Looks like same clearance as I have with the JLT.

As for tune numbers, Justin at VMP is testing the C&L today in a head to head including the K&N, JLT and FRPP CAI kits. He has posted results on the Modularfords website. So far, with VMP's tune, it appears little difference in the K&N, JLT and FRPP. The numbers he has posted show a slight preference for the JLT.

Regarding tunes, you can buy the C&L with C&L's tune, or go with the C&L and EVO's tune.

I think the C&L is the best factory looking CAI, they definetly did a nice job on the fit and finish. The JLT is the best looking as far as finish but could used a little help on fit. I have installed a couple of JLT's on GT500's and it take a little time getting to not touch the strut bar, I know on the second one they added spacers to help with the fit which to me means they are fixxing a fit problem. If the carbon fiber piece could be remolded with a slight bend at the throttlebody side it would be perfect! Don't get me wrong I love the JLT but the the fit on the C&L looks better without spacers!

• 4 weeks later...

LFP agrees that under hood art is just as important as performance. That is why C&L Performance Intakes are offered exclusively from LFP in any powdercoated color (silver, grey, red, blue, yellow, black, white...etc) These are just a few colors we have already done. We'll have a photo up as soon as we have our next run back from powdercoat.

LFP agrees that under hood art is just as important as performance. That is why C&L Performance Intakes are offered exclusively from LFP in any powdercoated color (silver, grey, red, blue, yellow, black, white...etc) These are just a few colors we have already done. We'll have a photo up as soon as we have our next run back from powdercoat.

That is outstanding!! :happy feet:

How well does the color of the pipes match the car's paint? Would blue match the VISTA BLUE exterior?

Archived