TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SVT Certificates?

malcoll

??

2007 owners didn't "receive" them - we had to order them if we wanted them.

I'd assume 2008 owners will get the same option once 2008 production ends.

I want a nice mirror wall plaque like the one Shelby Dude

got FOR FREE?????????? :baby:

I want a nice mirror wall plaque like the one Shelby Dude

got FOR FREE?????????? :baby:

That was actually sent to me by mistake. They were suppose to send me the Carroll Shelby arthouse print. They did finally got it taken car of and I did get the Shelby print.

The plaque is still sitting here boxed up waiting for them to pick it up so they can get it to the owner that won it.

• 5 years later...

??

2007 owners didn't "receive" them - we had to order them if we wanted them.

I'd assume 2008 owners will get the same option once 2008 production ends.

They have been available for sometime you just have to order it from SVT.

• 2 weeks later...

If you call them to order one (vs. buying on-line) Team Shelby members get a discount.

I don't remember how much but it's in a old thread on TS somewhere.

Phill

It would've been nice to offer this certificate to KR owners. I'd definitely order one asap. :drool:

There were a limited number of KR's for sale with a CoA. If I Remember CorrectlyIIRC, it was offered on the later ones that were still sitting on showrooms for sale (as a 'bump' to sell them).

Phill

There were a limited number of KR's for sale with a CoA. If I Remember CorrectlyIIRC, it was offered on the later ones that were still sitting on showrooms for sale (as a 'bump' to sell them).

Phill

Correct. Those certificates were a promotional item by Ford Marketing to help move unsold KR's.

Steve

Correct. Those certificates were a promotional item by Ford Marketing to help move unsold KR's.

Steve

Yes, and HIGHLY sought after by KR owners now!

(i.e. very rare!)

Phill

Well since the "promotion" is over it would be a nice gesture and most likely good business to offer the rest of the KR owners the same certificate. I would think that just about every KR owner that didn't get one would be glad to order one. :woot:

Well since the "promotion" is over it would be a nice gesture and most likely good business to offer the rest of the KR owners the same certificate. I would think that just about every KR owner that didn't get one would be glad to order one. :woot:

Many have tried, all have failed.....

Phill

Oh tell me about it Kona. When I called Ford Racing up they were like, "Oh you've got a KR. We will never offer those for a KR. That is a Shelby deal." I was like what the Hell. You offer them for the regular GT500s and every other SVT product. The KR was not a post-title car and was sold through Ford dealerships. It is a damn piece a paper. Anyway, some kid that's good with Photoshop can probably replicate one and those guys can go **** themselves.

You can still order the certificate from SVT and Shelby.

. SVT isn't interested in offering one for the KR owners. Like Phill said, "many have asked.". When I spoke with SVT they acted like they had a disdain for the model.

SVT developed most of the KR. I'm pretty sure it has a VIN that you could use to get your certificate. It just won't say "KR."

Oh, you're correct. You can still get a standard (SVT) GT500 cert.

You just can't get the KR specific cert. like what was given out to the late sellers/buyers.

Phill

When I was in the process of ordering a certificate from SVT for my KR all was good until when they ran the VIN they realized that it was a GT500KR. There was an immediate," Oh you have a KR," in a negative tone. "We don't offer certificates for the KR.". So as of now KR owners wanting a certificate from Ford/SVT are s.o.l.

I'm sure they just felt bad about not having a cert. available for you. Did your KR come with any special paperwork when you bought it? That would be the proof of authenticity that I would frame and display at car shows. You can still obtain a certificate from Shelby American.

When I was in the process of ordering a certificate from SVT for my KR all was good until when they ran the VIN they realized that it was a GT500KR. There was an immediate," Oh you have a KR," in a negative tone. "We don't offer certificates for the KR.". So as of now KR owners wanting a certificate from Ford/SVT are s.o.l.

Have you tried ordering the SVT certificate online? Steve

Archived