TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has anybody seen premium int.

svtkeith

Dealer just took my order, had a hard time picking int color, I have seen some pictures on this site where the red inserts were bright, others pictures I have seen, the red was dark, and did not match the exterior red.If anybody out there has seen the car in person could they reply to this.The order is going in officialy May 26.Has anybody else ordered this color combo, if so, do you have a positive on the color, or are you taking a chance.If anybody has photos of interior, please post them.Thank you.

Dealer just took my order, had a hard time picking int color, I have seen some pictures on this site where the red inserts were bright, others pictures I have seen, the red was dark, and did not match the exterior red.If anybody out there has seen the car in person could they reply to this.The order is going in officialy May 26.Has anybody else ordered this color combo, if so, do you have a positive on the color, or are you taking a chance.If anybody has photos of interior, please post them.Thank you.

I have not seen the seats to say but did they give you a price on your order? I'd love to hear the going rate especially if in the US - it's sounding pretty ugly out there around price and while I won't be denied this car I will wait if it is as silly as people on the boards are making it sound like.

Thanks

Hey svtkeith,

I've seen the Torch Red with white stripes in person, with the crimson/charcoal interior,

but the doors were locked and it was under flourecent lights.

I don't expect the reds to be a perfect match, from paint to leather.

I ordered it and don't feel this will be an issue with me at all.

Two different materials refecting light differently.

Below is the best picture I've got to show both the exterior paint and the interior crimson

leather together.

KingCobra.

post-1791-1148674268_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1148674268_thumb.jpg

svtkeith the pics that kingcobra posted are very good thats pretty much the color of the seats i have seen them in person the red color is not a bright red its a medium toned color it complaments the exterior torch red pretty well. if you can see a mustang gt with this seat color option they are the exact same color as the gt500 :rockon:

I ordered the torch red/silver stripes with the crimson interior pkg. I have seen the red interior. The Atlanta auto show had a red/white with crimson interior on display. Just like in the 05GT, the bright red exterior does not match the red interior. It is more of a wine/burgundy color on the inside. Fortunately, the GT500 has less red accent than its GT counter parts these past few years. This should help with the blending of the two colors. I chose silver stripes to help accent the interior trim. I am ASSUMING there will be some polished aluminum highlights like the Mustang GT has. Unfortunately, I don't recall this about the interior. I was overwhelmed with this 500HP monster rotating on the turntable at the autoshow.

I chose silver stripes to help accent the interior trim. I am ASSUMING there will be some polished aluminum highlights like the Mustang GT has. Unfortunately, I don't recall this about the interior.

The chrome finished trim is replaced with a satin aluminum finish - kinda knocks down the brightness of chrome down to a classy level, methinks.

There is a picture of the dash brow in anoter section(5.0 magazine article)If you click the pic you can see the stitching.good luck

Here are a coulple of pics that show the wrapped and stitched dash.

I wish it had stayed the leather wrap that it was suppossed to be,

but I'm sure it will look great anyway.

KingCobra.

post-1791-1149458723_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1149458763_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1149458723_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1149458763_thumb.jpg

It seems that one of the guys working on the production line has said that the "leather" dash pads are having squeeking issues and the stitching is not straight.

It sure is'nt. Heck you can see it in the above photo. And the squeeks are still there as far as I know. Its been a week since I looked into it.

It seems that one of the guys working on the production line has said that the "leather" dash pads are having squeeking issues and the stitching is not straight.

Do you mean that the "soft touch" material on the dash

creaks as the dash flexes, when the car is moving???

KingCobra.

Do you mean that the "soft touch" material on the dash

creaks as the dash flexes, when the car is moving???

KingCobra.

The faux leather is glued to the upper brow. Its not squeeking. There are other areas of concern that make it squeek. The A-pillar covers seem to be one of them.

The faux leather is glued to the upper brow. Its not squeeking. There are other areas of concern that make it squeek. The A-pillar covers seem to be one of them.

How are the A pillars different in the Shelby, from the GT???

Are they covered in the "soft touch" material too???

KingCobra.

How are the A pillars different in the Shelby, from the GT???

Are they covered in the "soft touch" material too???

KingCobra.

No, They are normal. Come to find out its squeeking in more then one spot! :shrug:

The V6 GT and Shelby use the same A-pillar cover. The guy who puts it on does not look to see if its a shelby or v6 number he just grabs one for a vert or coupe and keeps on truckin'.

Same with the glove box door. No special Shelby box. The box that is installed is the box the person grabbed. Black is black and tan is tan.

• 1 month later...

Archived