TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 500 Articles

RUFDRAFT

Robert has invited me to write some articles on the GT for our site (thanks, Robert!).

I'd like feeback from you on what you'd like me to write about.

For starters, I plan on interviewing someone at SVT that can answer a broad range of questions. (some of which have already been posted here)

Let me know what you'd like me to ask - so I can give you what you need from him/them.

And - if you have any other story ideas, feel free to let me know.

You can post here - or email me at: oesterreichb@ecu.edu

I'll do my best to give y'all something to read to pass the time until your car's get delivered. :shift:

Bryan

ps - I'll have access to people at Ford - not yet sure how far up the ladder, but I'll try!

Some questions to ask include:

Final drive ratio - why 3.31?

Break-in protocol?

How is SVT engine assembly different than regular Mustang engine assembly?

Ride height????? why?

Any plans for an auto trans?

How many SVT workers drive SVTs? And which ones?

What sort of response have they had from the public?

Will Ford Racing packages void warranty?

Let me know of other questions or story lines. :shift:

DVS - I think I like you. Not as much as Orf - but I like you. :bandance:

I fell down a full flight of stairs when I was 2.

Thanks, Mom! :cheerleader:

I also plan to address the lack of cupholders in the Shelby.

Somebody has to.

Now that explains a lot.

I would like to read about the transition process that the

Shelby went through from conception to final product. What and how much input Mr. Shelby had and who were some of the other major people who made a major decision making contribution to the design and developement of the car. Is that alot to ask for?

I am laughing out loud!

Any last minute advice for DJ?

Perhaps a double dose of Ensure?

I'll give him your best on Sunday. :hysterical:

And - why aren't there any other cars around the "88" in your avatar?

Might they be... tentative? :hysterical:

I am laughing out loud!

Perhaps a double dose of Ensure?

I'll give him your best on Sunday. :hysterical:

Am i behind the times, I just read that the Shelby GT500H will only be 325 HP. Is that article right or wrong?

thanks

bud

Am i behind the times, I just read that the Shelby GT500H will only be 325 HP. Is that article right or wrong?

thanks

bud

Bud the Hertz cars are Mustang GT's with some tweeking. I think but not sure (read it somewhere a while back)

They have an x pipe , different mufflers, maybe different air intake and I might be streching it 3.55 gear with an auto. I know they have a dash plaque signed by Carroll himself.

Also a sign that says nothing parties like a rental have fun boys yours truely Carroll. (now Iam streching it)

post-4943-1148767811_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148767826_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148767811_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148767826_thumb.jpg

I am laughing out loud!

Tell him to drive like he knows how. If he goes back to that, he'll do better.

Probably because he's running 19th, at the end of the third pack. The other drivers aren't tentative. He is.

I like DJ. I have since he drove the Havoline car in '95 (I think it was '95). He just suffering from Driver-ready-to-retire syndrome.

I'd really like to play golf with him someday. He's a low single digit handicapper. I know it will never happen, but I can dream.

Bud the Hertz cars are Mustang GT's with some tweeking. I think but not sure (read it somewhere a while back)

They have an x pipe , different mufflers, maybe different air intake and I might be streching it 3.55 gear with an auto. I know they have a dash plaque signed by Carroll himself.

Also a sign that says nothing parties like a rental have fun boys yours truely Carroll. (now Iam streching it)

Found the site where I read about the Hertz car. Nice little site. Video of the Fast and the Furious Mustang here at that site also. Here is a Link .....Enjoy

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Autos...rticleId=109979

Agree. other suggestions for questions to ask the FoMoCo folks:

-will they make black stripes an option in '08? especially for the grabber orange base?

-what role (specifically) did carroll shelby play in the design/conception?

-does the recent "stock vette vs shelby" article really reflect the performance of the GT500?.. or were there

circumstances that we are not aware of?

-what is the meaning of life?

-where is jimmy hoffa?

that about covers it.

Among other things theres the common ones:

1/4 mile times

0-60 time

release date

How much hp is the stock block good for

why the same interior

What hp does it make at the rear wheels

Will there be a new cobra in 08/09

And if you can throw this one in to about the 05/06 mustang gt's ask him and you can quote me... Why such shitty brakes!

Orf - just got home from the Race.

Sorry, man.

I won't take a cheap shot.

It was a great race yesterday in Indy and NC!!!! 13 gallon fuel cells and new pavement made it a stratigic racers race in NC yesterday.

I haven't yet seen the replay - all I know is we turned back - and right in front of us was DJ in the wall. Our 4th turn seats proved very entertaining. It has to be a tire issue.

Nope. It was a new spotter issue. He and DJ weren't on the same page. His old spotter, Eddie D'Hondt who was also GM of RYR, was fired last week.

With his announcement a couple weeks ago, I wouldn't expect to see much from the 88 team. Even less than they've showed the past 3 years.

DVS - I still plan to write. I've decided that I can at least drive the Shelby for a year - then sell if I have to. :bandance: I'm just waiting to hear from the Boss - he's scheduling some things for me.

Orf - I'm confused - spotter? Don't they use rear view mirrors to check on the car behind them? I mean the sportter said "hold your line." What's he supposed to say - "move over for Gordon?" ?? Sounds more to me like blaming someone. Just my 2c - as usual. :shift:

Archived