TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Dodges welcome?

rare_ram

Yes Dodge is Welcome, we are still in the process of working on the site and there will be a place for Shelby Dodge soon.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me or you can e-mail me at Sharone@teamshelby.com

Welcome. :happy feet: :happy feet:

In 87 Dodge made a little over 2000 SCs, Shelby took the last 1000 made and modified them at his Whittier facility into the 87 GLHS. Although there never was a Shelby Rampage the guys at Shelby modified some with the Shelby parts and used them as parts runners.

Just wondering if the Shelby Dodge owners are welcome here or just Fords?

Absolutely, welcome aboard! My wife & I bought an '85 Shelby Charger brand new, maroon & silver, it was a really pretty little car! We decided it was too small to load 2 childseats in & out of, so it went away in 1988. In 1997 however I stumbled across an '87 GLHS at an auto auction in Billings Montana, I bought it and still own it. It's a blast to drive! Now it sits in our garage next to our '67 GT500 and our '07 GT500. We are true Shelby fans, regardless of what power plant is under the hood!

In 87 Dodge made a little over 2000 SCs, Shelby took the last 1000 made and modified them at his Whittier facility into the 87 GLHS. Although there never was a Shelby Rampage the guys at Shelby modified some with the Shelby parts and used them as parts runners.

Actually that is an urban myth. 1987 Dodge Shelby Chargers were still being produced even after the Whittier plant received the 1000 cars they ordered. Here is a vin # (1B3BZ64E5HD593500) to a 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger produced after the ones Whittier received. Compare this vin # to any GLHS vin # and you will see the proof.

If you are referring to the "Direct Connection Rampages" those were actually modified by the Chrysler Nu-Car prep workers and not Shelby's people.

Time to try again and get these myths busted :)

Steven

• 3 weeks later...
We are adding a Dodge section to the museum in Las Vegas as well, Carroll has more then a few Dodges in his garage... some fine examples!

Amy

Going to have to expand that museum soon Amy! It was getting crowded the last time I was there. I am all for that...and a bigger gift shop.

:happy feet:

Archived