TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby rear styling

Although I am not planning to mod my car, I was thinking that it would be good if someone came out w/a rear end panel tailight treatment which mimicked the early Shelby Mustangs, such as in this photo. Maybe someone could do a photoshop of this styling on a SGT or GT500.

68-Shelby-GT500-rear002-Raw-Horsepower_L.jpg

I have no idea. That was a pic I came across somewhere that someone else did up on how they would have liked to see what this car should like.

Whoever did this did a fabulous job! I would love one that looks like that. :happy feet:

YaaaaYAAAA, I would have coughed up a much larger ADM for that look.........

:finger: NOT.........

• 3 weeks later...
The day I purchased SGT3834 I had my dealer order a GT 500 rear spoiler, got the stripes from Shelby & had it installed. It really finished out how I felt the car should look from Shelby.

+1 I agree..

Show us some pics of it!! :happy feet:

Welcome to StangsUnleashed 'deadeye3834!!'

Although I am not planning to mod my car, I was thinking that it would be good if someone came out w/a rear end panel tailight treatment which mimicked the early Shelby Mustangs, such as in this photo. Maybe someone could do a photoshop of this styling on a SGT or GT500.

Ilmor I agree with you and was wondering the same thing recently. The current taillights are all Mustang (which are beautiful) and it would be so cool if there was a new Shelby Mustang taillight.

Thanks KR for the imagery, looks great!

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking of! Shelby should develop and offer a rear tail lamp styling kit like that.

This is a pic of a Shelby Clone that I took at ford World Headquaters this year. I really like what he did to the rear . This kit is out there somewhere but I can't remember who makes it.

NiceClone-1.jpg

Shelby Performance parts has a similar spoiler on page 22 of their winter catalog. It's made by Xenon.

I like the ducktail as it is close to the original spoiler but I believe that is the classic design concepts ducktail as the Xenon does not cover the third brake light. Not Cervinis either as their ducktail has a cutout for the brake light.

Archived