TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 quarter side air scoops

GT500 quarter side air scoop factory option  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the GT500 with a factory side air scoop as an option

• yes
    • no

I want to make a strong push to get side air scoops added on for the GT500 as a factory option. Just like the ones on the Hertz car and the California Special. (behind the door not on the window) They look awesome. All Shelbys have the side quarter body scoops. This is the only model that doesnt. Help me get it offered as a factory option thru the dealer.

Please vote. Remember Iam asking it as an option not standard!!

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

post-4943-1148548444_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148548472_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148548492_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148548873_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148548900_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148548946_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148548976_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148548996_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148549152_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148549166_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148549291_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148549313_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148549332_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148549410_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148549923_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148548444_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148548472_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148548492_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148548873_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148548900_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148548946_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148548976_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148548996_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148549152_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148549166_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148549291_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148549313_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148549332_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148549410_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148549923_thumb.jpg

I think it's too late to make a push for any more options. I have seen many aftermarket scoops put on at local bodyshops including roush and saleen packages. I would definitely look at them up close before you purchase one. A few look great, but some are larger than the window and are attached with screws to a bracket and then to glass with two way tape and they look like at speed they would rub the paint around the windows. :headscratch:

The scoop iam talking about is on the body behind the door on the quarter panel. The one right where the latch is not the one on the window. Scgt i changed it in the original post so there is no confussion which one i was talking about it was kinda vague. Also what iam writing about is a factory option or offering thru the dealer as a factory dealer installed option because I want to take my Shelby to shows and they deduct points or make your car as non original if you put aftermarket stuff on them. Iam pushing for a dealer installed factory option (don't know if this is available thru Ford or not) Help on this?

The scoop iam talking about is on the body behind the door on the quarter panel. The one right where the latch is not the one on the window. Scgt i changed it in the original post so there is no confussion which one i was talking about it was kinda vague. Also what iam writing about is a factory option or offering thru the dealer as a factory dealer installed option because I want to take my Shelby to shows and they deduct points or make your car as non original if you put aftermarket stuff on them. Iam pushing for a dealer installed factory option (don't know if this is available thru Ford or not) Help on this?

Question: Are members the only ones that can vote?

how about a side scoop and a window louvre? Or is that too much. What did the original gt 500 (1st year) have?

Personally, I've seen some 05 & 06's that had rear side window louvres that looked pretty nice, but not all vendor's products look good.

This isn't going to be popular, but my opinion is that a side scoop that is not functional is a waste of time, money, and weight. If it forced cool air through the rear brakes, it would be different.

Side window louvers CAN be seen as a liability issue for the manufacturer - it reduces visibility. Adding it yourself is another issue.

Customize the car all you want, but at this late stage, I don't see any changes being made to the 2007 models, the 2008 models are another matter.

Just my .02 and probably worth even less. ;)

This isn't going to be popular, but my opinion is that a side scoop that is not functional is a waste of time, money, and weight. If it forced cool air through the rear brakes, it would be different.

Side window louvers CAN be seen as a liability issue for the manufacturer - it reduces visibility. Adding it yourself is another issue.

Customize the car all you want, but at this late stage, I don't see any changes being made to the 2007 models, the 2008 models are another matter.

Just my .02 and probably worth even less. ;)

Stripes have no real function but they look good. Same for the side scoop. On the old Shelby's they were not functional but they look good. Same with the 2007 Shelbys it looks good. Its about enhancing an already beautiful car. It would be great to be able to make the enhancements through Ford instead of the aftermarket.

I am sure if you lobbied Ford, it would be fairly easy to get them to offer bare gelcoated and/or painted parts through Ford Racing Parts. It would be easy money for them.

Put together an online petition, there are lots of sites that host them.

I just feel differently about the scoops.

I saw a pic on a site recently of a GT500 with side window covers they where a very low profile type.

the car was the pre - production type shelby with no indentification markings on it. But even if offered

I would not do it because of the way they mount on the car. I saw a GT someone put some on using the

double stick tape method. They had been removed to be repainted during a mod of the car the tape damages the paint finish so once you install them they have to stay on or you have to deal with the paint problem they create.

I agree with DVS2XS

" This isn't going to be popular, but my opinion is that a side scoop that is not functional is a waste of time, money, and weight. If it forced cool air through the rear brakes, it would be different. "

They where functional in the early models to cool the brakes. But as he said too you can mod the car to look the way you feel it should look.

I saw a pic on a site recently of a GT500 with side window covers they where a very low profile type.

the car was the pre - production type shelby with no indentification markings on it. But even if offered

I would not do it because of the way they mount on the car. I saw a GT someone put some on using the

double stick tape method. They had been removed to be repainted during a mod of the car the tape damages the paint finish so once you install them they have to stay on or you have to deal with the paint problem they create.

I agree with DVS2XS

" This isn't going to be popular, but my opinion is that a side scoop that is not functional is a waste of time, money, and weight. If it forced cool air through the rear brakes, it would be different. "

They where functional in the early models to cool the brakes. But as he said too you can mod the car to look the way you feel it should look.

I understand totally. I feel the same way about some things on the car. I want most of everything to be functional. The side scoops I want to be flashy and from Ford. It is a true power house of a car so it can afford a little flash that isnt functional. The key is I want Ford to put it on for me so I can maintain the originality of the car from Ford.

I want to make a strong push to get side air scoops added on for the GT500 as a factory option. Just like the ones on the Hertz car and the California Special. (behind the door not on the window) They look awesome. All Shelbys have the side quarter body scoops. This is the only model that doesnt. Help me get it offered as a factory option thru the dealer.

ok.....this is the last time iam pushing this one up and then i will make sure mine has an air scoop from Ford.

They should have also retroed the back Tailights. That would have really made this car look unique to the Mustang.

Oh well, nothing going to be changed now - One week away from them hitting the factory floor.

Archived