TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Changing HID's on Cars in Canada

Joe Frito

I am in Canada and am in the process of purchasing an '08 (haven't found a good price on the color I want yet) and have heard that we can't convert cars with the HID's to have daytime running lights (required in Canada). Can anyone that has imported an '08 with HID's please confirm this and how much it cost to change them over to the normal headlights. I have not seen too many cars for sale without the HID option, so this may be the only way I can get the one I want.

I am in Canada and am in the process of purchasing an '08 (haven't found a good price on the color I want yet) and have heard that we can't convert cars with the HID's to have daytime running lights (required in Canada). Can anyone that has imported an '08 with HID's please confirm this and how much it cost to change them over to the normal headlights. I have not seen too many cars for sale without the HID option, so this may be the only way I can get the one I want.

My car has HID's with daytime running lights - it is a simple computer download to get them activated.

My car has HID's with daytime running lights - it is a simple computer download to get them activated.

If the download is the same as the '07s it may be simple, but it's not cheap. I had the local Ford tech on a cell phone with Ford, while they did whatever they do, to find and release the code. Two freakin' hours! SVTKeith in NS had the same ordeal, but I think they only charged him $100. Me? $200! You'd think Ford would call back with the info.

The Canadian dealer needs to supply the VIN number and Form 1 number that you get at the border to Ford before the dealer can activate the DRL's. Go figure :banghead:

If the download is the same as the '07s it may be simple, but it's not cheap. I had the local Ford tech on a cell phone with Ford, while they did whatever they do, to find and release the code. Two freakin' hours! SVTKeith in NS had the same ordeal, but I think they only charged him $100. Me? $200! You'd think Ford would call back with the info.

The Canadian dealer needs to supply the VIN number and Form 1 number that you get at the border to Ford before the dealer can activate the DRL's. Go figure :banghead:

Complexe process, do you have pics.............

Complexe process, do you have pics.............

I was at the Ford dealer this morning and they told me there was some bulletin out that stated not to hook up DRL to HID lights :banghead: Stopped by Crappy Tire after that and the guy told me you can use any front light for the DRL's, including your signal / marker lights. :censored: I need to get this sorted out before the white stuff arrives!

I was at the Ford dealer this morning and they told me there was some bulletin out that stated not to hook up DRL to HID lights :banghead: Stopped by Crappy Tire after that and the guy told me you can use any front light for the DRL's, including your signal / marker lights. :censored: I need to get this sorted out before the white stuff arrives!

That's ridiculous! You shouldn't have to pay for a Service Departments' 'Learning Steps/Stumbles'. I paid $35 to have DRLs activated on an 06' Freestyle. The SJB and WDS are no different than the Mustangs.

Of course in Alberta Dealers are, were, hosing Customers pretty good with the GT500 Pricing.... so they're probably doing the same with Service Pricing as well. :nonono:

Archived