TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Accident

Sun57

Long story short, a container truck backed up on my shelby GT. Ruined the front bumper, the hood, headlights, and driver side front fender. Luckily, the truck didn't went over my car or it would have been totaled. I will post pics soon. It's really sad and people at my work felt the same because they love my car. The only good thing I see happening from this is finally I have a good reason to change my hood to a CShood, and finally I get a new front bumper with no front plate holes and curb damage underneath.

Well anyways, I was hoping if someone here can help me out find a good body shop. I live in Redondo beach and I work in Hawthorne. Anywhere near those areas is perfect.

btw, do any of you know how fast the order is shipped from Shelby if I order the hood? I know I can ask them myself but it's saturday and they are closed.

Sun ... bad day for sure. Think thats prob most of us stang heads biggest worry ... someone else hitting our car. I am always allowing a good 10 feet of space in front of me in case i have to pull up to avoid someone hitting me from the rear. Im always driving in the fast lane for two reasons.

1) i drive a fast car :hysterical2: ( red coupes only )

2) harder for someone pulling out of side street to hit ya .. gives u more reaction time

Seriously thought .. that really sucks. My heart goes out to you

Sorry bout the accident. I too had a small accident last nite. I was pullin in my garage , in the front of my car is a shelving unit and I let out the clutch and lurched forward into the shelf.I got a small dent in my bumper now. I was so dissapointed. Its visible but I will have to decide if it bothers me enough to have it fixed or not. Yours is worse im sure. Go ahead and upgrade, its a great excuse!

Thanks guys.. Actually mine happend when my car was parked. I parked behind the truck of the company I know. I parked behind it because they know who I am and if they need to back up they can just call me. I worked at a freight forwarding company and it's hard to find parking spaces so alot of us park behind trucks. The thing is, the truck driver said he was already inside the truck when I parked. And when I left my car and went to the office, that's the time he backed out. Cops investigated the issue and told me I do not need to worry because the it is the truck driver's negligence. His insurance would cover everything. Now I just got to figure out how I can get the money for the replacement hood from his his isurance so I can use it to buy the CS hood. Because I think that the isurance will send the check to the body shop I will go to.

Long story short, a container truck backed up on my shelby GT. Ruined the front bumper, the hood, headlights, and driver side front fender. Luckily, the truck didn't went over my car or it would have been totaled. I will post pics soon. It's really sad and people at my work felt the same because they love my car. The only good thing I see happening from this is finally I have a good reason to change my hood to a CShood, and finally I get a new front bumper with no front plate holes and curb damage underneath.

Well anyways, I was hoping if someone here can help me out find a good body shop. I live in Redondo beach and I work in Hawthorne. Anywhere near those areas is perfect.

btw, do any of you know how fast the order is shipped from Shelby if I order the hood? I know I can ask them myself but it's saturday and they are closed.

So sorry sun! Hope it all works out, and maybe you can one up the front so you can just say you upgraded :happy feet: !

Thanks guys.. Actually mine happend when my car was parked. I parked behind the truck of the company I know. I parked behind it because they know who I am and if they need to back up they can just call me. I worked at a freight forwarding company and it's hard to find parking spaces so alot of us park behind trucks. The thing is, the truck driver said he was already inside the truck when I parked. And when I left my car and went to the office, that's the time he backed out. Cops investigated the issue and told me I do not need to worry because the it is the truck driver's negligence. His insurance would cover everything. Now I just got to figure out how I can get the money for the replacement hood from his his isurance so I can use it to buy the CS hood. Because I think that the isurance will send the check to the body shop I will go to.

i guess from now on u'll be checking to see if the drivers are in thier trucks already before u go in the office :poke::doh:

i guess from now on u'll be checking to see if the drivers are in thier trucks already before u go in the office :poke::doh:

Yeah definitely would. It was an honest mistake for both parties. I felt bad for the guy because it was his first day too. He won't get fired, I will get my upgrades, and the important thing, nobody got hurt. .

hope they make her like new again ... really quick

I am sorry to hear about that truck backing into your car. It's nice to hear you focusing on the positives that will come out of this; the hood and bumper just how you want it.

Even if you have to pay a little more for the hood....get it, you deserve it. :)

got any pics yet ???

hows the repairs comming ????

Hello Frankie, I'll take them tomorrow morning. I'm just been lazy this week. The repairs haven't started. I'm bringing the car tomorrow at the shop so the adjuster can see the damages. It's funny too because I told the body shop of my hood upgrade idea and he told me rip the hood apart so the adjuster will put "replace hood" instead of "repair hood". It could save me money towards the purchase of the CS hood. Too late anyways because the other driver took pics of the damage :banghead: , and oh yeah it's unethical.

Guys I have a question real quick. Are the front fenders screwed or welded on the car? My fender has a minor dent damage and the insurance decided to replace the fender. I was hoping that they can just fix it instead of replacing it because I do not want them to saw it off. But the body shop told me the fenders are screwed. Now is this true? What route will you guys go with?

btw, good news for me that they will replace the hood even with minor damage. They will give me $700 for the hood which will help me purchase the CS hood.

Guys I have a question real quick. Are the front fenders screwed or welded on the car? My fender has a minor dent damage and the insurance decided to replace the fender. I was hoping that they can just fix it instead of replacing it because I do not want them to saw it off. But the body shop told me the fenders are screwed. Now is this true? What route will you guys go with?

btw, good news for me that they will replace the hood even with minor damage. They will give me $700 for the hood which will help me purchase the CS hood.

Fender is screwed on you can see the most of the screws under hood and under the wheel well if you remove the splash guard. $700 will for sure help you cover the CS hood. Don't forget the faux grill insert. BTW, check on the washer nozzle placement. The old CS hoods you had to locate these yourself not sure if they've been upgraded for plug-in-play.

congrats on the hood coverage !!!! yes the front fender is screwed on !!!

Archived