TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Pins etc.

LSR

It would have been nice to hood pins offered on the GT500 Shelby like the GT350H car has.

Also would have been nice to see production cars outfitted with 19 inch wheels like the GT500 on the front of the July 2005 Car & Driver magazine. Makes the car sit just right.

I also like on the GT500 on the fron of the July 2005 C/D mag. the word SHELBY being accross the to center/rear of the car instead of on the rear corner.

It would have been nice to hood pins offered on the GT500 Shelby like the GT350H car has.

Also would have been nice to see production cars outfitted with 19 inch wheels like the GT500 on the front of the July 2005 Car & Driver magazine. Makes the car sit just right.

I also like on the GT500 on the fron of the July 2005 C/D mag. the word SELBY being accross the to center/rear of the car instead of on the rear corner.

Dont forget the side quarter panel scoop..... and the dash plaque with the car number and a signature.....and instead of SELBY put SHELBY across the back.......I make typos all the time.....is there spell check on this?

Oops, thanks orangesnake. Was watching American Idol and typing at the same time :doh:

Also, it would have been cool to have a push button start on the GT500 Shelby.

Oops, thanks orangesnake. Was watching American Idol and typing at the same time :doh:

Also, it would have been cool to have a push button start on the GT500 Shelby.

That would be cool....or even a key start in the dash like the old fords

Hood pins (the real ones, not the stick on ones that CDC sells) aren't that tough to install. I put them on my Mach 1....

post-2549-1148577607_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic under the hood so you can see where they mount....

post-2549-1148577716_thumb.jpg

They cost all of $25 bucks at any speed shop or by mail order.

post-2549-1148577607_thumb.jpg

post-2549-1148577716_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I like S H E L B Y too but I had heard that CS Licensing didn't license Ford to use their name that way...only the rectangular little plaque? Shoot holes in that if you know better, I heard that from somebody I had never met before at a Mustang show.

As far as the hoodpins go, I like them, but I don't know if I have the nuts to start drilling holes in the hood of a $45K car. I was freaking out the other day changing the taillight on my wife's mini van thinking I was going to bust the lense because it wouldn't come unseated like the manual said.

I put the Ford Racing pins in my hood. The shafts were not long enough. I had to make brackets that had them come up 1/2" from the radiator support.

As expected, one thing leads to another. I like the idea of hood pins. Being it's not a factory option, I'll pass.

Be my luck closing the hood, the pins don't line up and ding.

JB

post-3021-1150414724_thumb.jpgI put the Ford Racing pins in my hood. The shafts were not long enough. I had to make brackets that had them come up 1/2" from the radiator support.

BigDave is there any way you can take some pictures of your hood closed and open.

I want to put real hood pins in mine and I would appreciate seeing how you did yours.

Thanks

bill

post-4943-1150598304_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1150598304_thumb.jpg

That's a nice car!

I can get you some pix, but it may take a couple of days. My wife took off on vacation (in Indiana) for a couple of weeks with the digital camera. I have some pictures that I need to take with a film camera (what I'm left with)...I'll develop, scan them and post.

Here are some photos. I took the opportunity to buy "my kid" a new camera for his upcoming birthday...and had to test it.

Some things to note. This is a fiberglass hood, but I do not think it sits higher than the stock one at the front. I had drilled some holes in my header panel, per someone on the forum's instructions...then found out that I did not need to cause the bolts were too short. The brackets were made from a spare bedrail from a fouton that I cut 1" wide, then slit open the rectangular tubing and bent wings outward (using a cutoff tool--best $20 tool that I've ever had).

Oh yeah, I pitched the phillips head screws and got these stainless cap screws from Home Depot. I'll shorten the ends and locktite after my paint guy gets done buffing my hood.

post-3021-1150655663_thumb.jpg

post-3021-1150655678_thumb.jpg

post-3021-1150655702_thumb.jpg

post-3021-1150655715_thumb.jpg

post-3021-1150655663_thumb.jpg

post-3021-1150655678_thumb.jpg

post-3021-1150655702_thumb.jpg

post-3021-1150655715_thumb.jpg

Here are some photos. I took the opportunity to buy "my kid" a new camera for his upcoming birthday...and had to test it.

Some things to note. This is a fiberglass hood, but I do not think it sits higher than the stock one at the front. I had drilled some holes in my header panel, per someone on the forum's instructions...then found out that I did not need to cause the bolts were too short. The brackets were made from a spare bedrail from a fouton that I cut 1" wide, then slit open the rectangular tubing and bent wings outward (using a cutoff tool--best $20 tool that I've ever had).

Oh yeah, I pitched the phillips head screws and got these stainless cap screws from Home Depot. I'll shorten the ends and locktite after my paint guy gets done buffing my hood.

Thanks. I really appreciate the pictures. I like the cap screw idea. They look really good.

Thanks again.

bill

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I really appreciate the pictures. I like the cap screw idea. They look really good.

Thanks again.

bill

How about the twist lock style ala the 68 Shelby or the 70-73 Mach 1's?

Archived