TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NASCAR

RUFDRAFT

Christine and I are going to the Coke 600 this Sunday.

She's been home from work now for almost 4 months with recently diagnosed MS. (she's been doing 4 hours days this week).

It's her first race and she's excited.

Anyone else going?

We're sitting in some turn 4 Terrace Boxes - a gift from a friend in town who wanted to cheer her up!

Very cool.

Let me know if you are and we can arrange to meet at some point during the race.

Go Mark Martin! :shift:

(her guy is Jimmie Johnson - I can't argue with her while she's feeling so crappy!)

Bryan

You bet. We've got access to pit road up until they fire them up - so I'm hoping to get a shot of Christine with JJ. Turn 4 seems to be the hot spot at this track, so we may get some good shots.

We're also going to Richmond in Sept. Another friend (from 350Z-Tech.com) has given us tickets and pit/garage credentials. She's very excited about that one.

Some total strangers have been reaching out to cheer her up. It's remarkable.

Sometimes the kindness of strangers can be amazing. Sometimes help comes from the places you least expect it. I hope you have an amazing time at the Race. Can wait to see the pics. :car:

Some total strangers have been reaching out to cheer her up. It's remarkable.

It is amazing how great people can be. Especially when you need them. My father-in-law has had MS for the past 18 years and is living proof that life is what you choose to make from it.

I hope you both have a great time at the race because I know I would kill to go if it wasnt 3,000 miles away. Of course if I had my GT500, that drive would be a great holiday :shift: :happy feet:

Thanks Sharon and Gonzo -

Since we married 3 1/2 years ago, she's become a huge NASCAR fan.

And since she's been suffering with the MS (fatigue - joint pain), I've tried to do all I can to cheer her up - including getting my hair spiked with blonde streaks! Whatever I can do to see her smile.

The guy on 350Z tech has become like a brother for me and her.

Several members of that site have sent her NASCAR JJ stuff.

Sometimes I think the mind has more effect on recovery than the meds.

Gonzo - sorry you're so far away! One of the perks of living in NASCAR country. :shift:

I've been a huge NASCAR fan for a while, but this year was my first live event. Texas Speedway. It was awesome! Have a great time. Go Kasey Kahne #9!! (p.s. ruf draft, sorry my guy took out your guy at the all star race this weekend ... they both had a great race going at the time of the restart!)

Christine and I are going to the Coke 600 this Sunday.

She's been home from work now for almost 4 months with recently diagnosed MS. (she's been doing 4 hours days this week).

It's her first race and she's excited.

Anyone else going?

We're sitting in some turn 4 Terrace Boxes - a gift from a friend in town who wanted to cheer her up!

Very cool.

Let me know if you are and we can arrange to meet at some point during the race.

Go Mark Martin! :shift:

(her guy is Jimmie Johnson - I can't argue with her while she's feeling so crappy!)

Bryan

I agree with the Mark Martin pick. He is an Arkansas home town boy like me. My GT500 is coming from a dealer about 75 miles south of his dealership in Batesville, AR. I called his dealership first after my local dealer screwed me and got a load of information and was treated like a long lost friend. They were getting 3 and maybe 4 but as you would figure they were all spoken for. Well run operation with his new museum of racing history attached. Great people there! The only dealership I would even consider letting put a sticker with their name on it on a new GT500.

As far as JJ is concerned my wife rubbed shoulders with him at Texas Motorsports Park in April. We were in the pits during qualifying and he was very close to us. I suggest if you want her to see him, buy pit passes and be there during qualifying. The drivers are sitting on the wall, standing by their car or just nervously walking around. Best time to get a good picture or more. You probably know that but thought it might help you out.

Have a great time. We will be there next year in our motorhome visiting our friends who go to TMS with us but just moved to NC.

Ken

Thanks, subguns and Wildcat!

We're only allowed on the actual pit road at Charlotte before the race - not qualifying.

At Richmond, we'll have access to the garage area for two days, so I know we can get a photo then.

I've been a fan since the '60s but never had this sort of access. I keep telling her how lucky she is to have this happen so soon into her interest!

Of course, the sad part is it took her feeling so bad to gain the access and tickets.

But - my "buds" at 350Z stepped up and reached out to us.

It's helped me, too. It's not easy being a caregiver. That's one of the reasons I spend so much time here.

She and my daughter are upstairs asleep.

I spend time here to chill down and have some fun.

I can't afford a shrink!

Sorry for rambling. :shift:

I gave up on NASCAR years ago. They control the races so they get who

they want to win. They have tooooo many restrictive rules. NASCAR stinks

Ummm.....okay. :wacko:

ANYWAY.........

If you happen to get any good pics at the race, remember to post them because I LIKE NASCAR. :cheerleader:

Archived