TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 350 - by SVT?

I was wondering...because the GT 500 is an SVT product, will the GT 350 be by SVT also? Or will it be purely a Shelby built in Vegas with no SVT involvement?

I thought SVT was done...

If anything, SVT appears to be very healthy and doing well. There was an article about it in last weeks AutoWeek magazine.

• 5 months later...
I thought SVT was done...

They WERE at one time, acording to an article I read several Years ago. Some bean counter came in and dismantled them (because she does not like Muscle Cars) but Ford brought them back to do the Shelby GT 500 and I think that bean counter is now gone.

David.

They WERE at one time, acording to an article I read several Years ago. Some bean counter came in and dismantled them (because she does not like Muscle Cars) but Ford brought them back to do the Shelby GT 500 and I think that bean counter is now gone.

David.

That's good. Hopefully he's working at GM now. :hysterical:

That's good. Hopefully he's working at GM now. :hysterical:

why is there no news on the GT350....chevy is all over with news on the new camaro which include nocamo mules running around...im getting a little upset at ford for at least not dropping some hints on whether gt350 is at least being thought about..seems ford is back to its old tricks while chevy is at least willing to keep its enthusist informed

I wasn't aware that a GT 350 was ever planned or announced??

If it hasn't been planned, how can there be any news?

I personally don't think we'll see a GT350 any time soon. At least not in this body style. Maybe after the 2009-2010 update.

looks like shelby is getting a 5.0L with 500ish HP....cant see this in the gt500.....gt350 looks like a beter bet as of now then before.....6.2L is still hit or miss..

looks like shelby is getting a 5.0L with 500ish HP....cant see this in the gt500.....gt350 looks like a beter bet as of now then before.....6.2L is still hit or miss..

I don't know about that 500ish HP 5.0.... not without a little help :headscratch:

:reading: "No information has been released as to the horsepower specifications for the new 5.0 liter V8 or whether the engine will have a 3-valve or 4-valve configuration. But horsepower has been rumored to be in the 350-375hp territory." :reading:

http://www.themustangnews.com/carnews_08/s...08fomoco116.htm

That sounds like a 350 HP --- GT350 to me :shades:

• 4 weeks later...

re: SVT

they have a 2008 SVT Raptor F-150 still on the way this year, I think they're doing fine ;) (I HOPE I can get to drive one of these, while I'm out there trying out the 2009 F-150s in detroit next month :D)

• 1 month later...
I was wondering...because the GT 500 is an SVT product, will the GT 350 be by SVT also? Or will it be purely a Shelby built in Vegas with no SVT involvement?

if they play their cards right, build a GT350 2010MY with a 5.0L by SVT, then SAI can do a 45th Anniversary package and a GT350R package. Just make the R package a track ready build and dump the 20" wheels.

I imagine it would be an SVT/Ford built Shelby (CS-SVT) because Shelby lost the lawsuit over the GT 350 moniker in 1984(?).

do it just like the GT500 SVT/Ford built Shelby and upfitted by SAI and their mod centers

• 2 weeks later...

look's like Ford/SVT wasn't interested in making the GT350 back in 2005, let's hope they have changed their program. post from another thread last night

"By the way, this is the story and the GT350 is not in play here. I will say this again, just incase someone missed it. We proposed a Gt350 in 2005, it is always our intention to do a GT350, separately from the Shelby GT, The GTH and all other Shelby's. So the Shelby GT was built with the essance of the legacy and as a great car."

Amy

look's like Ford/SVT wasn't interested in making the GT350 back in 2005, let's hope they have changed their program. post from another thread last night

"By the way, this is the story and the GT350 is not in play here. I will say this again, just incase someone missed it. We proposed a Gt350 in 2005, it is always our intention to do a GT350, separately from the Shelby GT, The GTH and all other Shelby's. So the Shelby GT was built with the essance of the legacy and as a great car."

Amy

[/quo

if this is amy's position then she needs to be removed from whatever position she currently holds at sai...if sai fails to even entertain the thought of a gt350 with the 5.0L (which is a natural fit)..then for all pratical purposes they (sai) need to go back to adding turbochargers to mopars and let SVT build the car at AAI

if this is amy's position then she needs to be removed from whatever position she currently holds at sai...if sai fails to even entertain the thought of a gt350 with the 5.0L (which is a natural fit)..then for all pratical purposes they (sai) need to go back to adding turbochargers to mopars and let SVT build the car at AAI

because of the high cost of engine certification for the epa etc. I don't think you will ever see sai get into the business of engine swaps. The best hope is for ford to take care of it, and market to car to eager buyers.....

because of the high cost of engine certification for the epa etc. I don't think you will ever see sai get into the business of engine swaps. The best hope is for ford to take care of it, and market to car to eager buyers.....

i would agree..it looks like ford is going to have to build the gt350 at aai and let sai do whatever mods the customer may want to add

Its a given that Ford would provide a platform for SAI to work from its been stated already I know, look at Steve Saleen's current setup hes building everything needed to go from scratch that costs some money that you may not recover. SAI has a built in market demand hopefully they can come thourgh with more products and performance options for folks to choose from. In my humble opinion they are waiting to drop a car based off the GT-R concept it meets the specs previously stated a car that has the capability to be modded to be a R model. The GT-R Screams Terlingua to me but maybe the color choice was pure coincidence.

Now if the decided to go with a 5.0l running a updated 00R spec motor (about 385rwhp) and suspension basically FRRP parts and added some shelby parts (scoops, ducts at the quarter windows, brake ducts all function little flash then they may have a rush on a GT-350R) I'd imagine alot of people would lust after that to the point of having to add a second car into their shelby stable. Sounds like a solid plan to me.

by thats just a humble opinion on my part.

Archived