TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Bullitt

RStangsOC

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
The Bullitt is/was the perfect sleeper. Which is why I left my 01 completely stock looking while taking it to around 525 rwhp.

I was invited to Dearborn to spend some time with 6 Pre Production Bullitts. I got to drive the #6 car that Motor Trend jumped and with the GT500 seats, steering wheel, and pedals I felt like I was driving my Shelby. Until I stomped the go pedal. The 3.73's definitely help but obviously there's a difference. I got some nice photos of the 08 next to my buddy's 01 which looked real good side by side I might add.

That seems like a pretty big gap between the tire and wheel well. Is that supposed to be part of the "sleeper" look? :nonono: They need to drop that puppy a few inches!

- Josh

I think the Shelby GT fender to tire clearance is pretty darn good, but of course there is a trade-off in perceived ride quality Bullitt owners will need to accept if they want to go this low. I read that the Bullitt sits 6mm lower than a GT; the Shelby GT is 1.5" lower.

Yep, I agree, standard S197 GTs have quite the gap in their wheel well also. But that's completely beside the point. The Bullitt is a "special edition" production run, and is supposed to be more performance based than a standard GT. If it's true what ilmor mentioned about the ride height being 6mm lower than the GT, then I wonder why they bothered to lower it at all. If you can feel the difference in ride quality from a 6mm (approximately 1/4 of an inch) ride difference, I think you've got a "princess & the pea" complex.

I understand that the purpose of the Bullitt is to maintain a "sleeper" appearance, but I think they could have gone with at least a 1/2 or 3/4 inch drop on the suspension and maintained that image. Heck, look at Ruf's setup! He's got a nice suspension setup, and an upgraded appearance, but still maintains an "incogneto wolf" look. Though, I must say, the "V6" badge is a nice touch.

Hey Ruf, have you ever thought about getting another one of those V6 badges and dangling it from a fishing rod out your window? :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

- Josh

you know it is different than either my 03 cobra or the gt500. what i like about the bullitt is the 3.73 gears and i get alot of strange looks .it looks like regular mustang but it doesnt sound like one.i get in the gt500 and its like driving a rocket . all 3 are different. i enjoy all of them .

The article also said that the Bullit has a GT500 8.8 rear end. It supposedly has larger axle tubes, better bearings, and hardened gear rings with that 3.73 gear ratio. Very nice!

I saw a magazine article that said the same. If that's the case, I wouldn't mind having a set of those hardened 3.73 gears for my GT500.

I saw a Bullit at the Barrett Jackson auction yesterday - very nice car. The dash had too much flash for me though; I like the darker titanium finish in the GT500s.

Archived