TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Bullitt

RStangsOC

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey there,

This was just posted on another Mustang forum I frequent. Lots of details.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=73320

Enjoy :)

Page

Couple of article on the '08 Bullitt

Motor Trend - http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes...litt/index.html

Automobile - http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/20...litt/index.html

Enjoy :)

Page

It's 2001 all over again. Some people just don't get the Bullitt concept. It's not supposed to be flashy. I like it. Wish I had room and extra $$ for one of these too

+1 Nearly bought one a few years ago wished I had now.

It's 2001 all over again. Some people just don't get the Bullitt concept. It's not supposed to be flashy. I like it. Wish I had room and extra $$ for one of these too

Nicely said Paul. I think it looks very nice and faithfull to the original concept.

By the way, here is another article about it.

http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/14316/...itt.html?al=135

And just in case some people haven't seen it yet, here is the famous car chase scene from the movie; maybe the best car chase scene ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36MFh4of6lE

Wow, a veritible plethora of links and pics! Nice job everyone! 7,700 limited production with a $31k MSRP.... LET THE ADM'S BEGIN! I guess that's not a certainty, but, if the Bullitts follow the same trend the GT500 did, you Bullitt fenatics may find yourselves paying close to the MSRP of the GT500!

I like the final look of the Bullitt, I think Ford did a good job, and agree with what some of you guys have said about the Bullitt being a nice addition to the "stable". I can't wait to hear what this sucker sounds like! From what I read in the article, the Ford sound engineers spent a lot of time on this.

- Josh

7,700 limited production with a $31k MSRP.... LET THE ADM'S BEGIN! I guess that's not a certainty, but, if the Bullitts follow the same trend the GT500 did, you Bullitt fenatics may find yourselves paying close to the MSRP of the GT500!

We sold 8 Bullitts back in 2001, and none of them had an ADM. While the 2008 offering is really cool, I don't suspect ADM's to be the norm for this one either. I only have two customers itchin' to get an 08 Bullitt, and we can likely get about 10 of them if we wanted. The GT500's, on the other hand, had big ADM's as each dealer only got a handful of them, yet had dozens of potential buyers on waiting lists.

Not sure who this car is marketed for or who the target audience is? I mean, first off the flick was 40 years ago, so anyone who recalls it is in there 40's +. Then you had better love that dark green? I sort of like the grill and wheels, but that is pretty much it. I don't know, but for me, just not enough car for the price, yet limited on options. I think most would be best off with a loaded GT where you can pick your flavor. As I see it, unless you are a flick freak, and dug the chase scene, this car really is for a small market, and the 7700 may be overkill? IMO.

Five Oh, do you think a dealer would be willing to sell one using x-plan if it applies. Is it available for the bullit since it is just a package? I am seriously interested in ordering one wihth HID headlights.

At this point in time, Ford is only excluding GT500's and the 2008 Shelby GT from plan pricing such as X-plan. I believe 08 Bullitts will be available on X-plan per Ford, but will still be up to individual dealers to decide whether to honor it or not.

I would guess that the since they can be ordered freely (no allocation restrictions like the Shelby's), that most dealers will honor X-plan to eligible customers as it won't take away from other Bullitt sales at regular prices.

As SLB8SNK mentioned, I think the target audience is rather small for this model. I love the movie Bullitt (I'm in my 40's, and bought the DVD when it was finally available), and love the understated look of the car, but I feel 7,700 is more than the market will demand.

Cool car under the skin. It'll likely run the 1/4 mile in the low 13's at 105+. That's about a 1/2 second quicker than the last Bullitt.

5-Oh,

Last week the Vincent report was showing 2008 and 2007's as X-plan available with 1000 X-plan cash back. Shelby dude verified this.

Is this over now, because it was a mistake and Ford now caught it ?

I love this car! The plain styling just reinforces the retro styling cues. The CAI has been engineered the right way and is improved over the previous FRPP/Steeda offering. The computer has an added fuel type sensor which adjusts the tuning to reflect the gas you are using and although it will make 315 at the crank with any gas, it will make it lower and with a lot more torque earlier with 93 - what a great idea! Better brakes and suspension just add to the package and the interior looks great with the turned dash.

5-Oh,

Last week the Vincent report was showing 2008 and 2007's as X-plan available with 1000 X-plan cash back. Shelby dude verified this.

Is this over now, because it was a mistake and Ford now caught it ?

Rob, I just pulled the most current announcements and as of 10/02/07....

Ford Division is announcing the 2007 Fourth Quarter X-Plan Privileges, effective October 2, 2007.

All new 2007/2008-Model Ford Car (Excl. Ford GT, Mustang Shelby GT, Mustang Shelby GT500)

But, as of 10/11/07....

Ford Division is enhancing the 2007 Fourth Quarter X-Plan privileges to include 2007-Model Mustang Shelby GT (Excl. Shelby GT500), effective October 10, 2007.

And, as of 10/31/07....

Ford Division is extending the Dealer Cash & A/X/Z/D-Plan Customer Cash for all new 2007-Model Mustang Shelby GT (Excl. Shelby GT500) through November 30, 2007.

So, Rob, it is only the 2007 Shelby GT's that get these incentives, not the 2008's. And none of the GT500's qualify, regardless of model year.

I hope this clears things up.

In case no one posted it yet, here is a link to a test video from Popular Mechanics. Its a pretty good video if you can ignore the annoying backgound music.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/auto....html?series=41

Cool car under the skin. It'll likely run the 1/4 mile in the low 13's at 105+. That's about a 1/2 second quicker than the last Bullitt.

Not all of them. ;)

When I got my 01 what attracted me to it was the absence of all the bling. Then I modded the hell out of it. Now imagine the supried look on the Z06 driver at the track when a plain jane Mustang just walked his a**.

To me the Bullitt is the perfect sleeper. If you don't know the movie or are not a Mustang junkie it just looks like a green V6

post-1973-1194937515_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1194937575_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1194937697_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1194937515_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1194937575_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1194937697_thumb.jpg

Archived