TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Bullitt

RStangsOC

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Do this bullitt has a custom built exhaust that is supposed to copy the sound of the original bullitt. Is this exhaust already out on the market? I would imagine not, since it was supposed to be one of Ford's secrets but I saw a link somewhere, I forgot where, that has them for sale already? Are these fakes or has Ford already released them?

Don't think they're fakes. If you search EBay, you'll find 'em, or wait till early 2008 for your local Ford dealer to get them for you.

Do this bullitt has a custom built exhaust that is supposed to copy the sound of the original bullitt. Is this exhaust already out on the market? I would imagine not, since it was supposed to be one of Ford's secrets but I saw a link somewhere, I forgot where, that has them for sale already? Are these fakes or has Ford already released them?

Yup, I read that Ford spent quite a bit of time trying to get the exhuast note just right. We'll see.

Add some CCW rims and some big brakes and it might not be a bad ride.

I'm in Canada also. I have a build date for the week of Dec.31 and an arrival at dealer date of Jan.14.

As for options...I think the problem with the Ambient Lighting is- in Canada it's not a seperate option like it is in the States. In Canada it comes packaged with one of the interior upgrade packages.

I'm not sure why these things are done? Sat. radio is standard on all Mustangs coming to Canada- in the US it's a seperate option. I suppose Ford has their reasons for doing these things.

I'm really hoping to see one of these Bullitts in person with some mods done to it, I think it would make a great Sleeper on the street, folks thinking it was just another Mustang! I like the lack of badging alot!

It really has me thinking about changing plans on my next car and maybe just buy one and find out on my own! :happy feet: :happy feet:

I'm in Canada also. I have a build date for the week of Dec.31 and an arrival at dealer date of Jan.14.

As for options...I think the problem with the Ambient Lighting is- in Canada it's not a seperate option like it is in the States. In Canada it comes packaged with one of the interior upgrade packages.

I'm not sure why these things are done? Sat. radio is standard on all Mustangs coming to Canada- in the US it's a seperate option. I suppose Ford has their reasons for doing these things.

There should be no difference between what the options are and no reason they can't do the same on both side of the border. They can obviously build the car either way with the exception of the HID problem with our daytime running lights (even though that doesnt make any sense either) I say, have the packages available but also have some options a la carte.

I already have my Mustang but that is a sweet CAI. Anybody know if they are going to offer it as a FRPP? I think the hood liner is actually different to help seal out the hot air :happy feet:

The CAI will/is available from FRPP. All 08 forward hoodliners will have that groove to seal the CAI should someone buy the CAI no other mods will be neccessary.

No pics??

post-1973-1198356484_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1198356484_thumb.jpg

I'm really hoping to see one of these Bullitts in person with some mods done to it, I think it would make a great Sleeper on the street, folks thinking it was just another Mustang! I like the lack of badging alot!

It really has me thinking about changing plans on my next car and maybe just buy one and find out on my own! :happy feet: :happy feet:

A street sleeper! I like that idea :happy feet:

a ha! i already wanted one, but that "dual knock" strategy (bold below) HAS ME SOLD...

Better Breathing, Better Sounding, Better Power

To punch the output of the Mustang GT's 4.6-liter, SOHC, three-valve V8 from its usual 300 to 315 hp, Ford employed a series of tricks both obvious and subtle.

A new cold-air induction system that features an open-element air cleaner isolated from engine heat in its own sealed box just behind the left front headlight is the most obvious modification. And it's matched to a revised exhaust system tuned to reproduce the voice of McQueen's GT 390 (or at least what's on the movie's soundtrack). That's the obvious stuff.

The subtle stuff starts with revised programming of the engine control computer. First the redline has been bumped up 250 revs to 6,500 rpm. Second, a "dual knock" strategy in the fuel map and ignition programming allows the engine to run on either regular or premium fuel — with the V8 making the same peak power either way, but with a slightly more generous torque curve when burning the good stuff. Add in some revisions to the throttle's responsiveness and the result is an engine that actually feels more eager and more capable than the addition of just 5 percent more horsepower would suggest.

Ford backs that muscle with the Tremec five-speed manual transmission (no automatic will be offered) and the usual 8.8-inch rear end packed with a set of short 3.73:1 gears. (The GT runs a 3.55:1 set with the manual transmission.)

The Bullitt is/was the perfect sleeper. Which is why I left my 01 completely stock looking while taking it to around 525 rwhp.

I was invited to Dearborn to spend some time with 6 Pre Production Bullitts. I got to drive the #6 car that Motor Trend jumped and with the GT500 seats, steering wheel, and pedals I felt like I was driving my Shelby. Until I stomped the go pedal. The 3.73's definitely help but obviously there's a difference. I got some nice photos of the 08 next to my buddy's 01 which looked real good side by side I might add.

post-1973-1198387870_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1198387903_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1198387997_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1198387870_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1198387903_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1198387997_thumb.jpg

Archived