TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Bullitt

RStangsOC

In case no one posted it yet, here is a link to a test video from Popular Mechanics. Its a pretty good video if you can ignore the annoying backgound music.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/auto....html?series=41

Thanks, ilmor! The other vids posted wouldn't work on my work computer, but this one does. :happy feet: That new octane engine sensor is brilliant! Why hasn't anyone done this for performance cars sooner?! Ford did a great job on the sound of the exhaust, it definitely has an old school sound to it. Thank you, Ford, for putting the GT500 seats in the Bullitt, it's about blasted time! :victory:

- Josh

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I keep getting different information on the options for the Bullitt. So far, I know you can get the DVD navigation and the Active anti-theft system, but I also read that you can get the HID headlamps and the Ambient lighting, which I want. My dealership is telling me that I can't have those, yet I have seen a picture of the interior with the Ambient lighting (see below). Does anyone have any updated info on options?

post-9893-1196009255_thumb.jpg

post-9893-1196009255_thumb.jpg

Here's the BULLITT order guide. Enjoy!

If your dealer isn't giving you proper information, let me know, I'll order it for you :D

Bullitt™ Package (54B) Job 2

- Requires:

1. GT Premium Coupe (140A)

2. Manual Transmission

- Not available with:

• Premier Trim w/color accent package (68B),Comfort pack

(53B), Cal Special (54C), GT Appearance Pack (54G), Heated

drivers/passengers seats (65A), Interior Upgrade pack (18G),

Sport Interior Appearance pack w/color accent (18M), Racing

stripes, "over the top" (47A) or Genuine Ford Accessory -

Chrome exhaust tips (90E) or Metallic fuel filler door (601).

Note: Bullitt™ Package (54B) available for retail delivery only.

- Includes:

• Specially Designed Components for Bullitt™ by Ford Racing

— Cold Air Induction System, Ford Racing Power Pack

— Strut Tower Brace with Bullitt™ Serialization Label

• High Performance Calibration

• Performance Friction Carbon Metallic® front brake pads

— Provides superior braking & pedal feel

— Extended wear, improved fade resistance

— Reduced noise & lower dusting

• Sport Tuned Suspension (shocks/springs/stabilizer bar)

• Tire Inflation Kit in lieu Space-saver mini spare

• Modified Tuned "H" Exhaust Pipe

• 3.73:1 Limited Slip Rear Axle

• Dark Grey Brake Calipers

• 18" Euro-Flange Bullitt Wheels w/Charcoal Satin Finish

• 3 ½" Packed Exhaust Tips

• New Upper Grille w/o Fog Lamps or Pony Badge

• Bullitt™ Emblem on Faux Fuel Cap

• Black Interior w/upgraded steering wheel

• Sport Leather Seat Appearance

• Unique IP Finish (gunmetal engine turn pattern)

• Aluminum Interior Accents (ball shifter/sill plate/pedal covers)

• Includes spoiler delete/not available with GT spoiler

• Available in Highland Green or Black exterior paint colors

Here's the BULLITT order guide. Enjoy!

If your dealer isn't giving you proper information, let me know, I'll order it for you :D

Bullitt™ Package (54B) Job 2

- Requires:

1. GT Premium Coupe (140A)

2. Manual Transmission

- Not available with:

• Premier Trim w/color accent package (68B),Comfort pack

(53B), Cal Special (54C), GT Appearance Pack (54G), Heated

drivers/passengers seats (65A), Interior Upgrade pack (18G),

Sport Interior Appearance pack w/color accent (18M), Racing

stripes, "over the top" (47A) or Genuine Ford Accessory -

Chrome exhaust tips (90E) or Metallic fuel filler door (601).

Note: Bullitt™ Package (54B) available for retail delivery only.

-

Thanks, but I live in Canada, so ordering it for me is not an option. This only tells me what I can't have as options.

On the Media.ford.com site it says:

Available options include:

HID headlamps

Shaker 1000 Audio System six-disc CD player, MP3 and 10 speakers

SIRIUS satellite radio

Ambient Lighting

Active Anti-Theft System

Wheel locking kits

The link

http://media.ford.com/products/press_artic...D538E26E15B4ACD

looks right, I just posted how they have it in the order guide. I hope you get it the way you want!

I actually like this car, just needs a few minor things. Get rid of the crappy closed front grille and give it some larger wheels/tires.

Other than that the car is spot on, Ford did a great job!!!

I actually like this car, just needs a few minor things. Get rid of the crappy closed front grille and give it some larger wheels/tires.

Other than that the car is spot on, Ford did a great job!!!

I actually like the grill and I'm considering getting it for my v-6.(blacked out billet style, but more breathable than the billet on the s-gt.)

Do you mind me asking how much you are paying for it? Did you agree on a price? I am curious to find out if a dealer will do x-plan on one. What options did you order?

Thanks

I am getting it on A plan so x plan is available. Also I am in Canada, so our prices differ. I should know more around Dec. 8th. about what I am paying. Still working out the option thing as you can see from my above post. I'm just hoping the options are different for Canadian buyers.

I got final permission from she who must be obeyed so I'll be ordering mine very soon. I am thinking about HIDs and ambient lighting, but I am assuming like on the regular GT the HIDs are only available with the anti-theft package which I really don't want. I hate, but understand to a certain extent, when car companies do that. Toyota is the worst. But their mfg. is pretty impressive.

I got final permission from she who must be obeyed so I'll be ordering mine very soon. I am thinking about HIDs and ambient lighting, but I am assuming like on the regular GT the HIDs are only available with the anti-theft package which I really don't want. I hate, but understand to a certain extent, when car companies do that. Toyota is the worst. But their mfg. is pretty impressive.

"...she who must be obeyed..." :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Congratulations! I bet the antitheft HID issue is related to the electronics control module.

Welcome back to cyberland Ruf! Remind Christine that she's a real cutie!

Thanks, Mark. I felt like a Junkie in detox without Internet access! :hysterical2:

I don't like feeling so dependant on anything - but it's how I felt.

Christine's had 3 Grand Mal seizures in the past 3 days. The meds aren't having any effect at all.

I'm loading up the .50 Cal tonight.

In Canada, the Bullitt can't be ordered with HID lights as Canada requires daytime running lamps and the HID's can't be adjusted to do this unfortunately. Also, each new Mustang comes with a Sirius satellite system and the Shaker 500 stereo as standard equipment. Hope this helps 'ya.

In Canada, the Bullitt can't be ordered with HID lights as Canada requires daytime running lamps and the HID's can't be adjusted to do this unfortunately. Also, each new Mustang comes with a Sirius satellite system and the Shaker 500 stereo as standard equipment. Hope this helps 'ya.

Thank you. I just got an email reply back from Ford of Canada and once again, Canadians get screwed out of options. This is what I received:

"In an effort to assist you we have researched the availability of HID headlamps and Ambient lighting on the Mustang Bullitt 2008. We were able to confirm that those option are not currently available to be ordered on the Mustang Bullitt.

However, please note that options are subject to change without prior notification. Your local dealership is, therefore, in the best position to advise you of availability of options and option combination. Ford of Canada ensures that dealerships are provided with any changes to options, as soon as the information becomes available."

Now, I can understand the HID problem as stated...but why not the Ambient lighting?

Do this bullitt has a custom built exhaust that is supposed to copy the sound of the original bullitt. Is this exhaust already out on the market? I would imagine not, since it was supposed to be one of Ford's secrets but I saw a link somewhere, I forgot where, that has them for sale already? Are these fakes or has Ford already released them?

Archived