TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Adjustable Panhard Required when lowering vehicle

I just spoke with an Eibach tech who informed me that the rear end will be off center when installing their spring kit into the GT500. Once you lower the car the only way to actually center the rear for maximum tire clearance and true alignment is with an adjustable panhard rod. Does anyone know if the SS package will include this part or will we need to correct this problem ourselves? I already know that Sheby GT owners have required an adjustable panhard when going to 295 tires or they get a rub on one side only. That is what prompted my call to Eibach. Once the adjustable panhard was installed the 295's cleared easily. Even without the wider tires you will never get a perfect four wheel alignment without this change. Don't forget Ford designed the original bar length with the stock ride height.

It does push it over, just about any Mustang we lower gets a pan hard bar and we have done alot, We will not lower a Mustang with 20's if it does not have a Adjustable pan hard bar on it.

I think the drop that the SS package does keeps it with in Fords specs so Shelby does not have one standard but there will be an optional one in the beginning of the new year.

I HIGHLY recommend one

It does push it over, just about any Mustang we lower gets a pan hard bar and we have done alot, We will not lower a Mustang with 20's if it does not have a Adjustable pan hard bar on it.

I think the drop that the SS package does keeps it with in Fords specs so Shelby does not have one standard but there will be an optional one in the beginning of the new year.

I HIGHLY recommend one

Which one do you highly recommend? Sprint 200, one of our members has spent a great deal of time and money on his suspension and I think he recommends the Watts Link versus the adjustable pan hard bar. What are your thoughts? I am going to be picking up my 40th that is already done and as soon as I get it home, I plan to do one of those two mods to correct the offset problem and hopefully allow 295's on the rear.

Which one do you highly recommend? Sprint 200, one of our members has spent a great deal of time and money on his suspension and I think he recommends the Watts Link versus the adjustable pan hard bar. What are your thoughts? I am going to be picking up my 40th that is already done and as soon as I get it home, I plan to do one of those two mods to correct the offset problem and hopefully allow 295's on the rear.

i have the eibach pro lowering kit and struts on my gt500 and also installed a saleen watts link and solved all of the above problems.

the watts link also will take ALL of the wheel hop out because the hop is actually caused by the rear end trying to shift sideways.

if you road race your car like i do the handling is unbelievable over stock.

hope this helps,

have a great day.

We sell a few different brands, I have never installed a Watts system but it does look nice and make sense, I think 95% of you will be more then fine with like a Steeda or most any other quality brand.

the saleen watts link can be installed in a hour if you use common sense and not there intructions.

the saleen watts link can be installed in a hour if you use common sense and not there intructions.

Does it work on convertibles or just coupes? I believe Saleen hasn't tested on convertibles yet but that may have changed. Convertibles have braces that may interfere.

Archived