TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2nd annual Pacific NW Meet & Greet

Grabber

That is the only hotel in Battleground. 6 minutes from my house. It's brand new and opened up about 6 months ago. We are going to grab a bite with ati (alan & Lisa) about 7 or so. They are flying in around 4:10 PM and I expect them to be checking into the same hotel around 6:30 or so. You are welcome to grab a bite with us if you want.

Rob - does your company have a bucket truck you can borrow for some arial pics? :happy feet:

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to add Ron and date with a Ford GT, we've talked about this but they are not on the list and I don't want to throw your parking all out of wack.

There's room for them. There are a couple people that can't make it and are wishy washy about the date due to personal stuff.

Did you say Ron has a Ford GT ? or a GT Mustang ? his wifes name is date ?

Hey, Lance. Looks like both of us went from N/A to blower since Grabber's last meet & greet. I've definitely wanted a blown Mustang for many years, and the moon/stars/sun finally lined up. The Vortech install is complete - just waiting for the 21st to hit the dragstrip and then off to Grabber's place on the 24th. Can't wait to see you all again.

Sucks that your first shop couldn't install the SHR windows! I've really been eyeing those as they are the finest looking side louvers I've ever seen for the S197's. I look forward to seeing them on your car at Grabber's place.

It's amazing the difference a year can make, isn't it? :happy feet:

My car is at another glass shop right now, having the SHR louvers installed. They should be calling me in a couple hours to pick it up. Can't wait! Ever since I first laid eyes on those louvers, before I even owned an S197 Mustang, I knew I was going to have to put those on my future ride. They really are the sharpest looking louver made. Plus, they remind me of the louvers on my '77 Cobra II. I definitely wanted these installed before the meet, so you'll get your chance to see them in person, and in the proper color. I'd bet you'll be ordering your own set soon after!

Yeah, what he said!

Unfortunately for me, even though I've been modding my GT, I know that Grabber and others have been modding their GT500's.

Truth be told, there's only so much power that can be put to the ground anyway, so lining up on street tires is more a battle of who can get better traction instead of who has the most power. I think I'd better bolt on the drag radials for the drive to Grabber's - just to be safe!!!

None of us are standing still in the mod department, are we? I'll have my dyno sheet with me: 507 RWHP.

Do I need to bolt my DR's on too? :D

There's room for them. There are a couple people that can't make it and are wishy washy about the date due to personal stuff.

Did you say Ron has a Ford GT ? or a GT Mustang ? his wifes name is date ?

Its a Ford GT and I don't recall his girl friends name.

It's amazing the difference a year can make, isn't it? :happy feet:

My car is at another glass shop right now, having the SHR louvers installed. They should be calling me in a couple hours to pick it up. Can't wait! Ever since I first laid eyes on those louvers, before I even owned an S197 Mustang, I knew I was going to have to put those on my future ride. They really are the sharpest looking louver made. Plus, they remind me of the louvers on my '77 Cobra II. I definitely wanted these installed before the meet, so you'll get your chance to see them in person, and in the proper color. I'd bet you'll be ordering your own set soon after!

None of us are standing still in the mod department, are we? I'll have my dyno sheet with me: 507 RWHP.

Do I need to bolt my DR's on too? :D

I'll leave the drag radials home (not so great for long distance touring & comfort). Plus, we all have so much power now that nobody will have any advantage on the public streets we'll be driving. I can't get my car dyno tuned until early June, so no dyno sheet for me. Hoping to see 400 rwhp, but would honestly be happy with 380 rwhp considering the mild blower setup I chose.

I had the side & rear louvers on my '75 Mach 1 way back when. I think the SHR side window louvers look waaaaay better than the ones you and I had on our II's. As much as I like the SHR louvers, I've decided to keep the mods under the hood of my car and keep the sleeper look. I don't need any unwanted attention driving down the street (if you knew how I drive you'd understand completely). I'm still running the factory exhaust, too, for the same reason (run silent, run deep).

That is the only hotel in Battleground. 6 minutes from my house. It's brand new and opened up about 6 months ago. We are going to grab a bite with ati (alan & Lisa) about 7 or so. They are flying in around 4:10 PM and I expect them to be checking into the same hotel around 6:30 or so. You are welcome to grab a bite with us if you want.

I'll run that by Shirley and see if I can get a better idea of when we'll get there. If we arrive too late, we'll just grab something by ourselves. If we're making good time, we'll look you up when we get there.

I'll run that by Shirley and see if I can get a better idea of when we'll get there. If we arrive too late, we'll just grab something by ourselves. If we're making good time, we'll look you up when we get there.

Sounds good 5-oh. It's going to be a simple dinner close. Mexi or chinese or the deep fried fish joint.

I'll leave the drag radials home (not so great for long distance touring & comfort). Plus, we all have so much power now that nobody will have any advantage on the public streets we'll be driving. I can't get my car dyno tuned until early June, so no dyno sheet for me. Hoping to see 400 rwhp, but would honestly be happy with 380 rwhp considering the mild blower setup I chose.

I had the side & rear louvers on my '75 Mach 1 way back when. I think the SHR side window louvers look waaaaay better than the ones you and I had on our II's. As much as I like the SHR louvers, I've decided to keep the mods under the hood of my car and keep the sleeper look. I don't need any unwanted attention driving down the street (if you knew how I drive you'd understand completely). I'm still running the factory exhaust, too, for the same reason (run silent, run deep).

Stock exhaust?? You're killin' me over here!! :redcard:

You are starting to worry me Rickster.

Clearance issues have been fixed. Exhaust was hitting the front DS safety loop and the differential. There was enough adjustment to get clearance, but I did have to cut down the pipes about an inch. (ended up in the emergency room with steel shavings in my eye, but that's another story). Have a dyno appt on Monday to tweak the tune. Things are looking good!

Stock exhaust?? You're killin' me over here!! :redcard:

With the supercharger, I know I'm bottling up a bunch of horsepower by sticking with the stock exhaust. And, I absolutely love the sound of a healty V8 thundering through minimal exhaust. However, my last couple of Mustangs were too loud and the police would always hear me, see me, and follow me. I just do not want that kind of attention anymore (not that I ever did). We're also in a very metropolitan area with stringent emissions testing so I have to be careful in what I do to my daily driver.

It's also precious at the track to have a quiet, stock-appearing car (with an automatic transmission no less!) whooping up on flashy, highly modded cars. I like being sneaky that way! Long live the sleepers!

Clearance issues have been fixed. Exhaust was hitting the front DS safety loop and the differential. There was enough adjustment to get clearance, but I did have to cut down the pipes about an inch. (ended up in the emergency room with steel savings in my eye, but that's another story). Have a dyno appt on Monday to tweak the tune. Things are looking good!

Didn't your folks or shop teacher lecture you enough about wearing eye protection as a young lad?!?! I guess we're all guilty of overlooking basic safety precautions from time to time, so I can't give you too much grief.

Sleepers are good. :happy feet:

Very good!

Rob, if I had your car with my driving style I'd be in jail all the time for serious moving violations. Having my car blend into traffic is the only way I can enjoy driving without getting in trouble.

The last few days have been very hot...in the upper 90's. I am watching the weather for our event. It looks as if the temp is going to cool down a little. This will be a good thing for the event. Much more comfortable outside. It is suppose to be 70 next Sat.

Weather-4.jpg

I am quite disapointed that I have to work all week before I get to go to the meet :angry2:

Spending the day talking and crooling over modded Shelbys will be just horrible... :dance:

I just hope that I can get my exhaust installed and my new tune sorted before the meet, if not I will have to hold off on that untill next week... :angry2:

Grabber, a great route you have set up for us, I grew up down there and it will be quite a fun trip down to the falls. Hisssss.

What are the latest "Wagon Train" plans from the North end?

I know some were talking about meeting at the Tacoma Mall....

I will offer again if any Eastside/North enders want to meet in Bellevue earlier and hook up for the drive to Tacoma, the SE 8th Park & Ride is a good spot....Takes about 45 minutes from there to get to the TM....

Also Rob had suggested that we all be fueled up prior to arrival....There is a Safeway station at Woodland just North of Battleground....Large pump islands....could handle a bunch of us at one.

I have no issues with Safeway fuel....but some of you may......

Thoughts? Plans? Ideas?

Gun Oil, there is also a good size Chevron station at the 179th strret exit. That's the exit you guys will be taking to get to my house. It's also the exit that we met 2 weeks ago on your trip home with your new car.

The trip to the falls will wind down Marine drive following the river the entire way from I-5. Then we take the senic drive to the falls.

1. That's the huge station that can handle a lot of cars?? :redcard:

2. Why are his - windows - up - and - his - top - down? :redcard:

1. That's only 1 of 3 islands at that station.

2. He was worried about his toopay blowing off. :hysterical:

Archived